PDA

View Full Version : School expels students for having gay parents

StandinOnAChair
09-23-2005, 01:27 PM
:thud

School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

ONTARIO, Calif. (Sept. 23) - A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School on Thursday.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, the girl's biological mother.

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Stob could not be reached for comment by the newspaper. Shay and her parents said they won't fight the ruling.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game, Tina Clark said.

Clark and her partner have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19.

Kay of Bardonia
09-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Good to see a Christian school promoting the Christian values of tolerance, understanding and the removing of the plank from their own eye before attending to the mote in their brothers' :ohwell

Bard
09-23-2005, 01:50 PM
No matter what the schools, feeling is, concerning doctrine, why would the daughter be targeted?

How indeed Kay, would this leave her feeling Christianity was inclusive?

So many Christians indeed, have their doctrine ALL tweeked up!

Christianity in it's purest form, was designed to be an attractive, to draw, because of its foundation of love, NOT to dismiss, shun, nor make ANY feel less than.

If we wanted to apply old testament Bible doctrine to ALL so called christian families and parents this day, few would survive under the scrutiny.

Most would fail based on the one admonition alone, which is to not judge!

But rather to love ....

StandinOnAChair
09-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Who appointed that principal judge and jury of people's lifestyles? Is he free from sin? I doubt it.

Really makes me shake my head.

Lyn Is Snide
09-23-2005, 02:19 PM
In other words...
http://www.friendsofpr.com/lynb/y5089_125.gif

I prefer the term "Robertsonian-Fallwellian", as opposed to "Christian" when speaking about people who treat others poorly and use the bible as an excuse.

basca
09-23-2005, 02:23 PM
This whole thing is wrong, at least the way I see it. Sin is sin in the eyes of God. If you are not going to allow that child to attend the school, then you must not allow the child whose parent committed adultry or whatever other sin you want to pick to attend. You know that's not going to happen.

Anyway, I believe Jesus Christ did not have any exception noted when he said "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God." Who are we to snub our noses at an innocent kid?

StandinOnAChair
09-23-2005, 02:35 PM
:amen

Wolfhoundowner
09-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Why is it that the religions that preach 'Christianity' are the ones that have the most problem with 'loving thy neighbor'?

This kind of crap really pisses me off. I'm not sure what kind of God they're praying to, but mine isn't quite so judgmental. He preaches love, tolerance, and acceptance.

But even if you don't believe in God, you should be able to MYODB -- what goes on in this family's private life isn't hurting you, and isn't changing your 'values', and shouldn't be your concern.

:mad:

StandinOnAChair
09-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Good post Wolfie. Just who IS this hurting? That child that wants to attend school and get an education. She's being punished for the so-called "sins" of her family. :mad:

Wolfhoundowner
09-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Thank you :)

Now, where is Lyn? I need to ask if I can copy that button up there ^ -- made me LMBO!

stinky*felix
09-23-2005, 03:31 PM
It may not be "right," but I'll betcha dimes to doughnuts the parents were aware of the school's policies prior to enrolling their child. Private schools can be (and generally are) discriminatory, just like private clubs.

Unfortunately, the parents are the ones who put their child in this position.

StandinOnAChair
09-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah let's discriminate against a young child due to their parent(s) lifestyle. Sounds completely fair, honest and Christian to me. :thud

Trouble
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
The school has a right to make its own policy. It is privately funded. One reason schools like that exist via private funding is so that they may be allowed to practice their religion, and their ways, as they wish in their own environment without having the government and jerkoffs like I've read in this thread sticking their noses where they don't belong.

I hope the gay parents lost every cent of the tuition too. It's kinda STUPID to go to a school, pay all that money and be assured a trip out the door.

Typical for the left to not want to respect some of the right's RIGHTS too.

So now, I suppose I'll prepare myself for an onslaught of "Trouble the Gay hater", castigation and banishment.....par for the F'in course.

Most of you fruits live in some sort of F'in make believe world.

stinky*felix
09-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah let's discriminate against a young child due to their parent(s) lifestyle. Sounds completely fair, honest and Christian to me. :thud
Perhaps not. But that isn't for us to decide.

Like I said, I am sure the parents knew of the school's policies. Perhaps they were trying to push their agenda, at the school's, and their child's expense?

These issues are not always as cut and dry as the media presents them.

Lyn Is Snide
09-23-2005, 04:08 PM
It may not be "right," but I'll betcha dimes to doughnuts the parents were aware of the school's policies prior to enrolling their child. Private schools can be (and generally are) discriminatory, just like private clubs.

Unfortunately, the parents are the ones who put their child in this position.

I agree with this.

basca
09-23-2005, 04:17 PM
The school has a right to make its own policy. It is privately funded. One reason schools like that exist via private funding is so that they may be allowed to practice their religion, and their ways, as they wish in their own environment without having the government and jerkoffs like I've read in this thread sticking their noses where they don't belong.

While this jerkoff understands that Trouble, I guess I am looking at the kid, and it is a shame that she is the one getting screwed in this whole thing. I guarantee a 9 year old does not fully comprehend the "why's" of it. What she will remember 10 years down the road is that those who were supposed to represent Christianity basically told her she was not welcome because of the type of home she came from.

I went to a private Christian school....so I do know how they work. I do know they have their own set of rules, etc. However, they did not say kids were not welcome based on the type of homes they came from. :ohwell

Bard
09-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Ought NOT call it a Christian school, if your not going to practice Christian ethics?

Jesus would not have turned her away, period.

Schools and churches should CEASE to use 'his name' as an emblem of good, when their doctrine is bigoted and hatefilled, elitist, and full of hypocrisy.

Thats all I'm saying.

Lyn Is Snide
09-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Ought NOT call it a Christian school, if your not going to practice Christian ethics?

Schools and churches should CEASE to use 'his name' as an emblem of good, when their doctrine is bigoted and hatefilled, elitist, and full of hypocrisy.

Thats all I'm saying.

I agree with this, as well.

Trouble
09-23-2005, 04:45 PM
I will agree that it is a shame people suffer.

Trouble
09-23-2005, 04:52 PM

Thats all I'm saying.

In the Book of Revelation, St. John is instructed by Christ to write this to a spiritually weak church: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold or hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm, I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (3:15-16, NIV) We previously mentioned the many insightful meanings lost in translation. Many versions use the more pleasant word "spit" rather than the more gut-retching original Greek word and image of "vomit." The difference is spiritually significant, however. Spitting means that one can hold something in the mouth without consuming it. But vomiting requires that item to have been ingested as part of your body. Christ is saying He is about to expel from His Body a church, which He willingly once took into Himself. What does that say to you?

http://www.prayergear.com/bats.html

lake brat
09-23-2005, 05:45 PM
One way to look at this is that it is probably good that the school did deny the child, if they had accepted her, the "Christian" school probably would have tried to brainwash the child into believeing her parent/parents life choices were all bad and they would all go to hell for living that way. Just an "outside the box" thought.

I do not agree with the decision but it is a private school so they can make the rules, unless it is in some of the states that now do give state monies to private schools. Off hand I don't know what states do, but I am aware that some do.

lake brat

Peregrina
09-23-2005, 11:04 PM
The school is in the right. They are a private school, as others have pointed out, they have the right to make their own guidlines and policies and enforce them as they see fit. The parents knew about this going in, I'm sure. Most organizations have all of their rules and policies printed and distributed.

The kid is just caught in the cross fire, which is a shame.

randy
09-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Those parents KNEW this was a "christian" school. I am also fairly certain they were knowoledgable about it's tenets and practices BEFORE they enrolled that child.

That child was a PAWN and that is what is a shame. Does anyone here really think this was not a planned and calculated event. How many here think there will NOT be a lawsuit?

Whether you agree with it or not there is a very well orchestrated agenda for the furtherance of gay rights in the United States. I am not making a criticism of that agenda one way or another but simply acknowledging that it does exist.

What I do find reprehensible is that this innocent child was placed in the middle and is the one that is suffering for someone elses purposes.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Whether you agree with it or not there is a very well orchestrated agenda for the furtherance of gay rights in the United States. I am not making a criticism of that agenda one way or another but simply acknowledging that it does exist.

You mean....there's an....agenda here?????

OMG!!!!

How is it that the other side, feigning naivity, presents this case as just another effort by Christians to discriminate?

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 07:45 AM
In the Book of Revelation, St. John is instructed by Christ to write this to a spiritually weak church: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold or hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm, I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (3:15-16, NIV) We previously mentioned the many insightful meanings lost in translation. Many versions use the more pleasant word "spit" rather than the more gut-retching original Greek word and image of "vomit." The difference is spiritually significant, however. Spitting means that one can hold something in the mouth without consuming it. But vomiting requires that item to have been ingested as part of your body. Christ is saying He is about to expel from His Body a church, which He willingly once took into Himself. What does that say to you?

Whether Christ is vomiting or spitting, the question here is: what was the church being expelled from his body being lukewarm about?

Were they being lukewarm about punishing those they percieved as sinners, and their innocent children? Or were they being lukewarm about practicing His teachings of mercy and love?

If you are a Christian, then surely you must know that the parents will be punished for using their child, if that is what they were doing, as they will also be "punished" for their "sin" of loving each other. They will be punished by God, not by those who elect themselves his representatives.

If the school is going to call itself "Christian" then it behooves it's governers to conduct themselves in a way which is mindful of ALL the teachings of Christ, including those of love and mercy. They can be a private school and have their own rules, but if they chose to style themselves "Christian", then any true Christian has the right to take them to task for misrepresenting them.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 07:51 AM
The school DID conduct themselves as Christians. You fail to see that because you have that liberal definitionof a Christian as "anything goes"...."love, it's about love and that's all".....ya know, the mindset of denial.

Denial of what? What the Christians in that school base there beliefs on is what.

The words written in the Bible.

Face it Kay....the group that supports the gay rights agenda could give a shit about that child. They are the fucking culprits here....but the attack is upon not only the school but Christianity itself.

We are not blind.

"It riles them to believe you perceive the web that they weave." Moody Blues

randy
09-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I see that there are really two major and separate issues here.

One being the best interest and welfare of the child and the other being what values the school involved is reflecting.

There is no doubt in my mind that this poor child was abused in this whole situation. She is the one who undoubtedly suffered within the school environment because of her parents. She is the one was either turned away at the school door or given a note to take home to the parents telling them she was expelled or "counseled" by school officals prior to her being dismissed. Do you really think this child has the intellectual capacity to discern the realities involved here? She is the one that now feels unwanted and unworthy and I find that UNFORGIVABLE! I personally think however she ends up thinking about it on a conscious level, her "feeling" will always be one of rejection.

Whether the school is right or wrong, acting in a truly christian way or not really is not the point. I for one would NEVER attend or send my child to one of those "christian" schools because quite frankly I expect this kind of behavior from them. I also believe they have a right to practice THEIR religious beliefs AND TEACH THEM to the children of those parents WHO AGREE WITH THEM as long as they KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF PUBLIC TAX MONEY to do it.

Jannilu
09-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Damn, Randy....I'm agreeing with all of your posts lately! :wtf

randy
09-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Scarey, aint it! :)

Don't worry, I will come up with something crazy and off the wall soon, I am sure. :)

Trouble
09-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I also believe they have a right to practice THEIR religious beliefs AND TEACH THEM to the children of those parents WHO AGREE WITH THEM as long as they KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF PUBLIC TAX MONEY to do it.

That's the whole point really right there. The gay rights groups must attack the FOUNDATIONS of the fabric of this society in order to push their agenda through.

It's about changing the laws and the majority attitude in this country to reflect THEIR ideals. NOT "ours". "Ours" meaning the majority in this country that do not accept such as legalizing gay marraige/adoption etc.

The far, far left know that they need to attack in order to make "progress" with their agenda. Their constant demands for attention and spectacle can be quite nauseating to the sensibilities in my opinion and detrimental to their cause.

Personally, I'd be alot more inclined to cooperate with my votes regarding these issues if the gay right groups acted alot differently.

Attacking the principles of freedom to practice religious principles privately will get them nothing but a whole lot of nothing "in the end".

So to speak. :winky

randy
09-24-2005, 08:17 AM
"that do not accept such as legalizing gay marraige/adoption etc"

Here we part company Trouble.

My preference is that government stay out of people's private lives and refrain from using governmental police powers to enforce privately held social and ethical values.

We know that people that are involved in stable family situations, whatever that family might be, are healtheir and more productive. It is common sense that if you have a viable and material support group around you there is less chance that you will become dependent upon society as a whole for your financial well being. We should be promoting that philosophy as it serves the best economic interests of our society.

I fully support a religious entity's right to believe whatever they choose and to practice that WITHIN their own group, I do NOT support their right to impose those values outside their group. That is discriminatory.

As far as adoption, there is little debate that the present foster care system is grossly inadequate at best and dangerous at worse. Again, it is in society's best interests to have unattended children placed ANYWHERE that he or she can be safe, nurtured, well taken care of and raised to be a productive member of society.

Jannilu
09-24-2005, 08:20 AM
That's the whole point really right there. The gay rights groups must attack the FOUNDATIONS of the fabric of this society in order to push their agenda through.

It's about changing the laws and the majority attitude in this country to reflect THEIR ideals. NOT "ours". "Ours" meaning the majority in this country that do not accept such as legalizing gay marraige/adoption etc.

I thought the FOUNDATION of OUR society was FREEDOM. Religious beliefs, politics, alternative lifestyles are a few of those freedoms. Bigots who spew homophobic beliefs are also free to do so.

The far, far left know that they need to attack in order to make "progress" with their agenda. Their constant demands for attention and spectacle can be quite nauseating to the sensibilities in my opinion and detrimental to their cause.

Personally, I'd be alot more inclined to cooperate with my votes regarding these issues if the gay right groups acted alot differently.
Attacking the principles of freedom to practice religious principles privately will get them nothing but a whole lot of nothing "in the end".

Of course you want them to act differently...life ask forgiveness, instead of equality...

Lyn Is Snide
09-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Thank you :)

Now, where is Lyn? I need to ask if I can copy that button up there ^ -- made me LMBO!

By all means, feel free. I copied it, too.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 08:32 AM
"that do not accept such as legalizing gay marraige/adoption etc"

Here we part company Trouble.

My preference is that government stay out of people's private lives and refrain from using governmental police powers to enforce privately held social and ethical values.

We know that people that are involved in stable family situations, whatever that family might be, are healtheir and more productive. It is common sense that if you have a viable and material support group around you there is less chance that you will become dependent upon society as a whole for your financial well being. We should be promoting that philosophy as it serves the best economic interests of our society.

I fully support a religious entity's right to believe whatever they choose and to practice that WITHIN their own group, I do NOT support their right to impose those values outside their group. That is discriminatory.
As far as adoption, there is little debate that the present foster care system is grossly inadequate at best and dangerous at worse. Again, it is in society's best interests to have unattended children placed ANYWHERE that he or she can be safe, nurtured, well taken care of and raised to be a productive member of society.

Look, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Christianity has not stopped the gay right movement. The majority vote in the country has. I'm pretty sure that the gay rights agenda is not supported by many other groups and factions and religions in the country. Yet, the finger is pointed straight at Christians by the liberals that post here.

The question here IS freedom to practice your religion privately. That's been my whole point.

This whole topic was started by somebody that had an agenda to ATTACK the school and then Christianity by virtue of capitalizing on the gay rights agenda.

The topic should have read, if written by somebody that TRULY espoused American ideals, "GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS ATTACK CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS RIGHT TO PRACTICE PRIVATELY THEIR BELIEFS."

That's the fucking truth of the matter.

randy
09-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Look, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Christianity has not stopped the gay right movement. The majority vote in the country has. I'm pretty sure that the gay rights agenda is not supported by many other groups and factions and religions in the country. Yet, the finger is pointed straight at Christians by the liberals that post here.

The question here IS freedom to practice your religion privately. That's been my whole point.

This whole topic was started by somebody that had an agenda to ATTACK the school and then Christianity by virtue of capitalizing on the gay rights agenda.

The topic should have read, if written by somebody that TRULY espoused American ideals, "GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS ATTACK CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS RIGHT TO PRACTICE PRIVATELY THEIR BELIEFS."

That's the fucking truth of the matter.

My point was regarding the portion of your previous post that read;

""that do not accept such as legalizing gay marraige/adoption etc""

Of course it is the religious right who have used their concept of God to browbeat the people of America, to say they were not god fearing christians if they differed with their interpretation of scripture thus labeling them as heretics or whatever. The religious right has joined forces with the economic conservatives and that has become an alliance of convenience and will dissolve in time much as other alliances have. You have court decisions that have modified this political swing to the right but only in a very limited way. Lets be honest about that.

Most laws that are not based solely on public protect are an attempt to enforce religious values, i.e. prostitution, sodomy, pornography, etc, etc. Does the religious right have the right to enter and participate in the political area, ABSOLUTELY and I will say that they have done so expertly and very effectively.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 09:01 AM
My point was regarding the portion of your previous post that read;

""that do not accept such as legalizing gay marraige/adoption etc""

Of course it is the religious right who have used their concept of God to browbeat the people of America,

That's crazy. If you are saying that VOTES, cast PRIVATELY, causing the defeat of gay rights legislation is a result of "brow beating" you are delusional.

When a person goes into the voting booth, they are there with only their own conscience and duty as company. It is common knowledge the vote is cast a s a secret ballot. For you to insinuate that Christians somehow have forced others in voting against gay right legislation borders on, well, what I like to call.....

La-La Land Politics

randy
09-24-2005, 09:04 AM
When ministers stand up in their pullpits whether that be in a physical church building or on TV and say that you will go to hell if you DON'T vote a certain way and that is not brow beating? I respectfully disagree.

God is often used to coerce others into certain behaviors and lines of thought that some consider preferred. There will always be dominant personalities that seek to impose their will through any means on others, that is common knowledge.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 09:06 AM
When ministers stand up in their pullpits whether that be in a physical church building or on TV and say that you will go to hell if you DON'T vote a certain way and that is not brow beating? I respectfully disagree.

God is often used to coerce others into certain behaviors and lines of thought that some consider preferred. There will always be dominant personalities that seek to impose their will through any means on others, that is common knowledge.

Oh brother. Your argument is getting weaker by the post.

Now you're saying than Christians are brainwashing the vote?

Shit man, is it a conspiracy too? :D

randy
09-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Are you saying their not. Look, I grew up in a denomination here in the souuth called "Church of Christ" It was started by a man named Campbell in Scotland. If you think brainwashing doesn't happen, just go to a few of their services. Wait till you hear that if you are not a member of their church you are not a christian and you will burn in hell for eternity. That was preached every Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night and I should know because my mother FORCED me to go until I was 15 years old.

Lyn Is Snide
09-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Now you're saying than Christians are brainwashing the vote?

No. The Robertsonian-Falwellians are.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Hmmmm...well, I was a member of the CoC growing up too.

We still go sometimes although I spend about half my time with those baptists!

I've never seen ANY of what you are describing in ANY of the CoC in this whole area. I certainly ain't saying they didn't espouse their political beliefs in private with other members....but I never saw or heard what you are talking about.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 09:23 AM
No. The Robertsonian-Falwellians are.

Look, there's a few bad nuts in every batch. People of reason can determine this.

I pay as much attention to Fallwell in the determination of my stances as I do to Al Sharpton or Eddy Kennedy.

Catfish
09-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Church of Christ...egads!...just as spooky as the Baptist's.
Fire and brimstone! I suffered the same forced indoctrination until the age of 15. Then I saw the light and ran for the exit.

"There are worse things in this world than bein' gay. You could have Lukemia for goodness sakes"

Streamers

randy
09-24-2005, 09:34 AM
"I've never seen ANY of what you are describing in ANY of the CoC in this whole area."

We are talking about the Church of Christ (NOT the Disciples of Christ ((Christian Church)),) right?

You were NOT taught that ONLY the Bible is the inspired word of God, that it is to be taken LITERALLY word for word, there is NO room for any interpretation, that only the Church of Christ takes and believes the Bible as a whole, that you have to do so and follow it STRICTLY to be saved, that ONLY the Church of Christ does that and if you DO NOT do that, you will burn in hell forever? I grew up in C of C in North Central Texas?

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Still waiting to hear what it was the church featured in the Book of Revelations quote was being lukewarm about....any offers, Trouble?

You obviously think it was being lukewarm about condemning what it perceived as sin in others. I think it is possible that it was lukewarm about love and mercy.

If you are right, then that quote was a perfectly apt validation of this school expelling this poor child.

On the other hand, if I am right, then this school is also being "lukewarm" and will also be vomited, spat or otherwise expelled from the body of Christ.

Randy, I agree, the child is the one who has suffered in this, both at the hands of the school and either the idiocy or political ideology (not that there is much difference between the two!) of the parents. Both the parents and the alleged "Christians" at the school should have had more concern for her welfare than their own agenda. All people are assholes, and some are more assholey than others.

Bard
09-24-2005, 10:24 AM
1-Judge not, that ye be not judged.

1 Luke 6:37, Rom 2:1, Rom 14:3, 1st Cor 4:3, 1st Cor 4:5, Jam 4:11

2- For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
1 Mark 4:24, Luke 6:38

3- And why 1beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
1 Luke 6:41

4- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 -Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 10:26 AM
"I've never seen ANY of what you are describing in ANY of the CoC in this whole area."

We are talking about the Church of Christ (NOT the Disciples of Christ ((Christian Church)),) right?

You were NOT taught that ONLY the Bible is the inspired word of God, that it is to be taken LITERALLY word for word, there is NO room for any interpretation, that only the Church of Christ takes and believes the Bible as a whole, that you have to do so and follow it STRICTLY to be saved, that ONLY the Church of Christ does that and if you DO NOT do that, you will burn in hell forever? I grew up in C of C in North Central Texas?

Sure I grew up with some of that, as well, I grew up with some not of that.

I know for a fact that every member of the congregation I attend has no "universal" CoC code they base their beliefs on. They certainly have certain methods of worship they hold as sacred, again, that is their right under the laws of this country. They can base their worship on what they choose...even as the school in question based their policy.

That child did not HAVE to attend that school even as no CoC is forced into attendance or belief. If that is what happened to you, that is sad, yet, in all honesty, those hard line beliefs are not only applicable to those "Christians" but other religions as well.

Ever hear of Islam? You know....conversion by the sword? :rofl

Yeah, the big bad Christians....lol....be afraid! Be very afraid! :rofl

Trouble
09-24-2005, 10:28 AM
1-Judge not, that ye be not judged.

1 Luke 6:37, Rom 2:1, Rom 14:3, 1st Cor 4:3, 1st Cor 4:5, Jam 4:11

2- For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
1 Mark 4:24, Luke 6:38

3- And why 1beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
1 Luke 6:41

4- Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 -Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

And these quotes prove that the school in question hasn't the right to make their own policy how again?

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Trouble, quit with the smoke and mirrors!!! Yeah, there are Islamic fundamentalists who twist the Koran into their own version of what they think Allah said. Right now though, we are discussing the Christian fundamentalists who twist the Bible into their own version of what they think God said or meant.

What was that church you cited in your quote being lukewarm about Trouble? You still haven't answered me that. Was it the words of Christ that Bard has just quoted? Is that what they were being lukewarm about? Is that why Christ was vomiting? Yeah, those judgemental so-called-Christians make me wanna vomit too.

Yes, the judgemental so-called-Muslims make me wanna vomit as well, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Still waiting to hear what it was the church featured in the Book of Revelations quote was being lukewarm about....any offers, Trouble?

You obviously think it was being lukewarm about condemning what it perceived as sin in others. I think it is possible that it was lukewarm about love and mercy.

If you are right, then that quote was a perfectly apt validation of this school expelling this poor child.

On the other hand, if I am right, then this school is also being "lukewarm" and will also be vomited, spat or otherwise expelled from the body of Christ.

Randy, I agree, the child is the one who has suffered in this, both at the hands of the school and either the idiocy or political ideology (not that there is much difference between the two!) of the parents. Both the parents and the alleged "Christians" at the school should have had more concern for her welfare than their own agenda. All people are assholes, and some are more assholey than others.

Again, you are confusing what the school has a right to do, with your forced interpretation of what YOU believe THEY should do.

They don't care what YOU think or what the gay parents think because they have a right to conduct their business as they see fit.

Again, the left here isn't concerned with the rights of the school....just condemnation of Christianity.

It's blatantly obvious.

randy
09-24-2005, 10:33 AM
" If that is what happened to you, that is sad, yet, in all honesty, those hard line beliefs are not only applicable to those "Christians" but other religions as well."

I guess Trouble my point is the majority trying to enforce their personal belief system on everyone and IMO that is just tyrannical.

Whomever is right, if anyone is as regards religious beliefs, that is not for some human being to decide. IF I want to sin and IF I want to go to hell, that is my GOD GIVEN right, "FREE WILL," to make that choice. Others attempting to force their values on me and others is horrific and a denial to me of my free will. Are you old enough to remember the "blue laws" that required businesses to close on Sunday? That was an excellent example.

I have NO PROBLEM with anyone and everyone living according to the dictates of their own conscience, as long as they STOP before it invades my right to live differently.

Wolfhoundowner
09-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Church of Christ...egads!...just as spooky as the Baptist's.
Fire and brimstone! I suffered the same forced indoctrination until the age of 15. Then I saw the light and ran for the exit.

Mole -- You sound just like my hubby.

He was brought up in a fundamentalist Nazorean Protestant household. Church ceremonies three times a week, no African-Americans allowed (or anyone else that was non-Caucasian), no gays, nothing but religious music and television allowed in the house. And they were completely against most scientific teachings.

It's no surprise to me that he's pretty much against any organized religion now -- it happened shortly after he got to high school and his parents gave him a rough time about the 'n*****s' in his class.

Only a person of very strong character could have come out of this upbringing as well-rounded and open-minded as my hubby.

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh good grief.

What makes either of you think that your interpretation of scripture is any better than the other's? If that's the case, isn't that rather un-Christianlike?

One of the few things that will put me into a catatonic state is people trying to justify their position by quoting scripture.

Like you couldn't do that for nearly anything, anyone does. :sad

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Ummm, Stinky.... which "either of you"? Just trying to keep up :)

Trouble, I'm not asking you whether the school was right or wrong, I am trying to get you to tell me what the church you quoted about, the one that Christ was going to vomit, spit or otherwise expel, was being lukewarm about. Which particular teaching of Christ was that church not being hot or cold on? Was it the part about suffering little children? Or the part about judge not lest ye be judged? That's all I want to know from you. You quoted that text, so you tell us, what was their sin? What were they not standing up and being counted about?

Personally, I am pretty sure it was not that they hadn't punished any children for what their parents may have done.

Bard
09-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Oh good grief.

What makes either of you think that your interpretation of scripture is any better than the other's? If that's the case, isn't that rather un-Christianlike?

One of the few things that will put me into a catatonic state is people trying to justify their position by quoting scripture.

Like you couldn't do that for nearly anything, anyone does. :sad

Try to follow the thread carefully Stinky, then you will understand why the same standard was applied, to combat the same standard, attempted to use ( Trouble) as a hammer and weapon.

Try not to let your obvious bias show.

I'm sure if Thoreau was being quoted, you would not respond with such bias and revulsion.
All are entitled to quote whatever point of reference they choose here.

We do not discriminate.

You may quote robert frost if you like.

randy
09-24-2005, 10:46 AM
This was a very young child. There is no dispute over whether she had done anything wrong or not, she had not. She was only attending school, a state requirement I believe. She did NOT choose this fight, be it right or wrong yet she is the one that has suffered from a choice that she was not free to make. That is just not fair or just.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Trouble, quit with the smoke and mirrors!!! Yeah, there are Islamic fundamentalists who twist the Koran into their own version of what they think Allah said. Right now though, we are discussing the Christian fundamentalists who twist the Bible into their own version of what they think God said or meant.

What was that church you cited in your quote being lukewarm about Trouble? You still haven't answered me that. Was it the words of Christ that Bard has just quoted? Is that what they were being lukewarm about? Is that why Christ was vomiting? Yeah, those judgemental so-called-Christians make me wanna vomit too.

Yes, the judgemental so-called-Muslims make me wanna vomit as well, but that isn't what this thread is about.

I don't know what the thread is about to you Kay. I know I have only suported the school's right, under the laws of the land, to act as they did. So far, I don't know that you have acknowledged them their right.

You want to force the topic along the lines of me defending Christianity to you. I don't feel that is the topic.

I used the lukewarm verse to demonstrate that THOSE Christians at the school feel a need to practice a strict adherence to what they believe the Bible says. They feel that if they let homosexuals in their school, a place where homosexuality is viewed as sin, then they would be lukewarm in the eyes of Christ.

So, instead of chancing being themselves vomited from Christ as they are taught and they believe, they vomited out a student whose parents knowingly placed her in their school despite their obvious opposing ideals.

It is not my place to say if homosexuals will indeed be vomited from the Lord's bosum....but, it is my place to say that the school has a right to do as they did.

And, I appaude them for exercising their RIGHTS.

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Try to follow the thread carefully Stinky, then you will understand why the same standard was applied, to combat the same standard, attempted to use ( Trouble) as a hammer and weapon.

Try not to let your obvious bias show.

I'm sure if Thoreau was being quoted, you would not respond with such bias and revulsion.
All are entitled to quote whatever point of reference they choose here.

We do not discriminate.

You may quote robert frost if you like. Don't talk down to me, Bard. I am not one of your minnions.

What is going on here is exactly the same tactic the religious-right, and any other radical religious group uses.

And actually, I did find that "one chair" quote rather stupid, but felt it wasn't worth investing the time to argue over.

Trouble
09-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Don't talk down to me, Bard. I am not one of your minnions.

What is going on here is exactly the same tactic the religious-right, and any other radical religious group uses.

I agree...the gay rights groups are radical in their tactics.

Bard
09-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Don't talk down to me, Bard. I am not one of your minnions.

And actually, I did find that "one chair" quote rather stupid, but felt it wasn't worth investing the time to argue over.

Stinky,

It seems those apparent ANTICHRIST demons are shouting loud within you once more, please try to controll your OBVIOUS ANTICHRIST and ANTIBIBLE
sentiments.

Oh, and the minion statement makes you look oh so silly. :thumbsup

Trouble
09-24-2005, 10:57 AM
I have NO PROBLEM with anyone and everyone living according to the dictates of their own conscience, as long as they STOP before it invades my right to live differently.

And the school kicking the student out has stopped how the gay parents live how again?

And their action has affected you directly how?

I must've missed that.

randy
09-24-2005, 11:03 AM
And the school kicking the student out has stopped how the gay parents live how again?

And their action has affected you directly how?

I must've missed that.

I am speaking in broader terms. I have no problem with what the school did actually. I think they were within their rights, as long as THEY GET NO PUBLIC TAX MONEY.

With that being said, I do have a problem with religious people using the political arena to FORCE their values and beliefs on everyone else and I don't care if they are Christians, Jews, Muslims or whatever. I WANT to live in a SECULAR SOCIETY free of all legally enforced religious beliefs.

Have to go to work now. Have a good day Trouble and everyone else.

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Trouble, I don't want you to defend Christianity! I wanted you to illucidate the quotation you used. You have now said why you used it.

Every Christian sect and group has their own interpretation of the word of God, they fight wars over it. (Same with Muslims and the Koran, I know).

Did the school have the legal right to expel the child? Yes. Does that make it right? I don't believe so, and I believe that is what this thread is about.

I also agree with Randy, that the parents were wrong to place the child in this position if they knew this would happen, and they would have to be pretty stupid not to know.

So, the parents were wrong to use their child as a pawn in their political game, if that is what they did, or they were wrong to be stupid enough to put the child in that position.

The school were wrong (maybe not legally, but ethically and morally) to accept the child in the first place and then in expelling her.

My opinion is that nobody has the right to punish a child for the behaviour of his or her parents. To do so is a sin, and, if there is a God, and if He really is as loving, merciful and all seeing as Christians claim him to be, then those who expelled this child will burn in hell for it. As will her parents, not for being homosexual, but for allowing their child to be around such hypocritical bigots for whatever reason.

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Stinky,

It seems those apparent ANTICHRIST demons are shouting loud within you once more, please try to controll your OBVIOUS ANTICHRIST and ANTIBIBLE
sentiments.

Oh, and the minion statement makes you look oh so silly. :thumbsup

Bard, don't presume to know anything about me. Your sweeping generalizations will be the downfall of your credibility.

I will not argue religion with you, in spite of your continuous baiting.

Suffice it to say that I understand and accept my part in God's plan, and apparently unlike many others, He has not revealed to me that it is that of Prophet.

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 11:12 AM
To do so is a sin, and, if there is a God, and if He really is as loving, merciful and all seeing as Christians claim him to be, then those who expelled this child will burn in hell for it. Yikes!

Loving, merciful and burn in hell all in the same sentence. :thud

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey, I'm only trying to keep in the "Christian" mindset here. Those guys usually put mercy, love and fire and brimstone altogether, don't they? I'm a filthy heathen buddhist myself, so I may be dropping a cultural faux pas

Bard
09-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Bard, don't presume to know anything about me. Your sweeping generalizations will be the downfall of your credibility.

I will not argue religion with you, in spite of your continuous baiting.

Suffice it to say that I understand and accept my part in God's plan, and apparently unlike many others, He has not revealed to me that it is that of Prophet.

Can ANY see the contradiction, and double-standard in the above statement? :laugh

Furthermore, Stinky, it has been you, who has attacked me, on more than one ocassion, when I or others have dared to have the odaccity on my board, to make referance to faith, God, Jesus Christ or the Bible.

Baiting you into a debate, is the silliest notion you have come up with yet.

You have no knowledge of the Bible, no working concept of the difference between faith and religion, leaving you unequipped to even discuss it, let alone debate it in my view.

Religion bores me, living faith does not, I find it inspiring.

I resent those such as yourself, who take every opportunity to mock and ridicule those who have fervent faith in God, and you actually think you can do it, and go unchecked, for your obvious bigotry in that regard.

Sorry stinky, when you toss reckless rhetoric on this board, you will be checked.

In this instance checkmate comes to mind.

As it does quickly, whenever engaging you briefly.

Lyn Is Snide
09-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not Christian, but from what I understand everyone is a sinner, but Jesus died for our sins and all that one needs to be saved is to believe in and have faith in him. :ohwell Also, there's that "cast the first stone" thing.

So will someone please explain how this "vomiting" thing and the above manage to work cohesively?

:confused:

basca
09-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Lyn it's basically those who just go with the flow, don't know why they believe what they believe. The feel good churches that are afraid to teach the truth. Basically when I think of luke warm I think of the TBN whacked out crowd.

Now Stinky, you have mentioned several times about Bard being a "prophet," what exactly do you think a prophet is?

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Can ANY see the contradiction, and double-standard in the above statement? :laugh

Furthermore, Stinky, it has been you, who has attacked me, on more than one ocassion, when I or others have dared to have the odaccity on my board, to make referance to faith, God, Jesus Christ or the Bible.
Let's try and be a teeny bit more accurate, shall we, Bard?

I have "attacked" you when you placed yourself in your David Koresh role - proselytizing your ill-thought version of Revelations as fact: "Signs and Wonders, baby, signs and wonders."

I have "attacked" those who use scripture as an excuse to support their biased and bigoted views.

Baiting you into a debate, is the silliest notion you have come up with yet.

You have no knowledge of the Bible, no working concept of the difference between faith and religion, leaving you unequipped to even discuss it, let alone debate it in my view.
And that wasn't baiting me? :laugh I will not debate religion with you because you are too narrowminded. Like many religious zealots, you have formed your interpretation of The Bible, and have decided it is the one, true version, not to be discussed. To do so challenges the basis for your belief system, and makes you hostile.

Religion bores me, living faith does not, I find it inspiring. No, you don't.

I resent those such as yourself, who take every opportunity to mock and ridicule those who have fervent faith in God, and you actually think you can do it, and go unchecked, for your obvious bigotry in that regard. Those with true faith do not fear or resent those who express views that challenge their own. In fact, they welcome them. Your preference is making a statement, and having your Bardonians shower priase upon you, and bow before you for being so perceptive. When that doesn't happen, you get your knickers in a twist, and start the hostilities.

Sorry stinky, when you toss reckless rhetoric on this board, you will be checked.

In this instance checkmate comes to mind.

As it does quickly, whenever engaging you briefly. Checkmate??! You haven't even gotten your pieces on the board.

Bard
09-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Try substantiating ANY of the foolish and untrue statements you have made above.

What I just read was the most inaccurate and fabricated piece of writing I have ever seen.

I would never attempt to even respond to such a silly posting.

Your obvious bias, leading you to untruths, is beyond belief, including my bowing patrons at the Bards.

you only deal in insults Stinky, that is ALL you major in, not facts, not quotes to substantiate your myriad of myths.

ALL know at the Bards, our posters are the most independent posters in the world, and if you continue to refer to them as minions, and bowing, you only PROVE my point, that you truly are too silly and blind to engage.

Geez, talk about presumption.....geez

You attempt to critiqe me AND ALL our posters here at the Bards, after posting here one month :ohwell

What a buffoon.

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 12:45 PM
you only deal in insults Stinky, that is ALL you major in, not facts, not quotes to substantiate your myriad of myths. I post what I see, Bard. And I rarely take anything as fact without verifying it, especially when it is posted on a discussion board.

ALL know at the Bards, our posters are the most independent posters in the world, and if you continue to refer to them as minions, and bowing, you only PROVE my point, that you truly are too silly and blind to engage. LOL! You don't get out much, do ya?

stinky*felix
09-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Now I must go, for a bit.

Bard, this board is vastly different than when I first joined - in JULY. I don't know if it's because of the moves, or just what. But with the exception of just a few, it has become much more homogenous.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

Bard
09-24-2005, 01:04 PM
I am just trying to figure out, what kind of arrogant buffoon insults hundreds of Bardonian members she doesnt even know??

I repeat, the Bards has the most unbowing patrons in the world!

You are so utterly ignorant of our history here!

Get the facts before you continue I beg.

We are world famous for our patrons!

God help you if these bowing minions as you deem them, see fit to put you in their sites!

I suspect, they as I, have already deemed you, too silly to focus their attention on.

You are a presumptious, insulting and pompious ass stinky.

PurpleButterfly
09-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I am just trying to figure out, what kind of arrogant buffoon insults hundreds of Bardonian members she doesnt even know??

I repeat, the Bards has the most unbowing patrons in the world!

You are so utterly ignorant of our history here!

Get the facts before you continue I beg.

We are world famous for our patrons!

God help you if these bowing minions as you deem them, see fit to put you in their sites!

I suspect, they as I, have already deemed you, too silly to focus their attention on.

You are a presumptious, insulting and pompious ass stinky.

This is why I quit addressing her quite some time ago Bard.
It's just a total waste of time.

Kay of Bardonia
09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Ah Stinky, Bard's board changes constantly. It reflects very much the personality of it's founder. It is in a state of constant reinvention and revolution. Never staying still, inconsistency is it's main charm.

I don't agree with Bard on many things, and I tell him so when the mood takes me. Other times I just watch him on one of his far out rants and smile to myself at his enthusiasm. At the bottom of it all, he has a good heart. His head is somewhat of a mixed bag, but his heart is big and wide open.

Yes, things have changed since July, mainly due to the one you followed to the old board (yeah, I may have stopped posting for a while, but Bard was still my friend so I kept an eye on his board. I miss the soppy old sod and the wonderful IP). As for homogenous :rofl Wherever Trouble is, harmony is far, far away, and not many people are capable of being in a homogenous mix with him. The NO threads were hardly homogenised either.

By all means disparage Bard if you must, but do so on valid grounds.

Mr. Lemon Pocket
09-24-2005, 03:16 PM

how is 90 members translated into hundreds?

Bard
09-24-2005, 03:24 PM
how is 90 members translated into hundreds?

Welcome to the Bards.

We had over 800 members at EZ-board, one month ago.

we had TWO days notice to move! (not much time)

We made TWO moves in three weeks.

It takes more than three days at this board to get the word out to ALL of our Bardonian members, where our new location is.

They do not ALL check in daily.

Our current register depicts only those that have checked in, NOT the hundreds that have not yet.

Glad to have been able to answer your question factually.

Bleep
09-24-2005, 04:33 PM
The school has a right, the parents ought to have known better, their relationship was kept hidden from the school until the kid got in trouble, the kid suffers for the parents' arrogance, and will continue to suffer from it, no doubt.

What kind of parent deliberately takes that risk with their kid's emotional health when there is no need to? There are lots of schools which would provide a great education and wouldn't have any problem with the parents' sexual orientation. Why not choose one of them?

For me this is not so much about gay rights versus fundamentalist christian rights. Its about deception and not being willing to follow the rules that are clearly stated. I might not agree with the Christian School's rules, but its their clubhouse.

There are lots of exclusive clubs that would never admit me as a member because I don't meet their qualifications. I'm not going to rain trouble upon myself by lying to join just so I can thumb my nose in their face. it wouldn't be any fun anyhow.

Peregrina
09-24-2005, 11:42 PM
the 'kid' is a 14 years old - oh, what a fun age. Unless this kid is completely living with her head in the sand, she probably knew something like this was gonna happen when the school finally realized her parents were lesbians. The parents knew something like this was gonna happen as soon as they enrolled their daughter. Question - the article says that the couple has two other children. Are they enrolled in the same school or someplace else? well, one is 19, past school age, but I wonder if she attended the same school. If they did, why did it take them so long to realize about the parents? Or did the school finally get around to them? and the younger child, I would think at 9, she would have a harder time understanding why she has to change schools.

oh, just went back and re-read the article to confirm the ages. It says the 14 year old was reprimanded for talking to a crowd at a football game and that's when the admin learned about the parents. that's just silly. and it makes it a lot more complicated. at least one teacher knew about the parents (the teachers almost always know these things, my hand to the gods, it's part of the job description) and probably most of the kids friends. it was only when the school got their nose rubbed in it that they took action. lol, so as long as they didn't flaunt their relationship it was all right, but as soon as it came into the open, they expelled her. man, talk about two-faced.

Trouble
09-25-2005, 01:35 AM
the 'kid' is a 14 years old - oh, what a fun age. Unless this kid is completely living with her head in the sand, she probably knew something like this was gonna happen when the school finally realized her parents were lesbians. The parents knew something like this was gonna happen as soon as they enrolled their daughter. Question - the article says that the couple has two other children. Are they enrolled in the same school or someplace else? well, one is 19, past school age, but I wonder if she attended the same school. If they did, why did it take them so long to realize about the parents? Or did the school finally get around to them? and the younger child, I would think at 9, she would have a harder time understanding why she has to change schools.

oh, just went back and re-read the article to confirm the ages. It says the 14 year old was reprimanded for talking to a crowd at a football game and that's when the admin learned about the parents. that's just silly. and it makes it a lot more complicated. at least one teacher knew about the parents (the teachers almost always know these things, my hand to the gods, it's part of the job description) and probably most of the kids friends. it was only when the school got their nose rubbed in it that they took action. lol, so as long as they didn't flaunt their relationship it was all right, but as soon as it came into the open, they expelled her. man, talk about two-faced.

I knew SOMEBODY would come up with good conspiracy theory!

Now, all we need is somebody to come along and blame George Bush and the thread will be complete!

PurpleButterfly
09-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Missed this the first time:
STINKY SPOUTED:
I have "attacked" you when you placed yourself in your David Koresh role

Having lived right next to this fiasco (it was in Axtell people, NOT Waco), I take great offense to this statement.

There is NO WAY Bard compares to this David Koresh creature in any way, shape, or form. And no matter how many times you say it will NOT make it true.

And who's always talking about grasping at straws? Sheeeeeeeesh!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

StandinOnAChair
09-25-2005, 11:31 AM
David Koresh = Bard? Are you NUTS? No, don't answer that we all already know that by stating that you are.

I certainly feel free to express whatever opinion I have here. Others may not agree with it, others may, but Bard has never told me what opinion I am entitled to have or force his opinion on me. I love a good debate. Your side/my side/their side. I don't like the assumption that because someone's opinion differs from yours they're incompetent or stupid.

If you don't want to discuss or if you don't like how Bard runs HIS board, don't visit. Plain and simple.

PurpleButterfly
09-25-2005, 11:35 AM
David Koresh = Bard? Are you NUTS? No, don't answer that we all already know that by stating that you are.

I certainly feel free to express whatever opinion I have here. Others may not agree with it, others may, but Bard has never told me what opinion I am entitled to have or force his opinion on me. I love a good debate. Your side/my side/their side. I don't like the assumption that because someone's opinion differs from yours they're incompetent or stupid.

If you don't want to discuss or if you don't like how Bard runs HIS board, don't visit. Plain and simple.

Crazy comparison ain't it Standin?

stinky*felix
09-25-2005, 12:17 PM
I did briefly consider editing my post.

But when I saw the thread he had "dedicated" to me, with the exaggerations and lies, I thought better of it. He didn't even have the courtesy to respond after I posted the actual quotes, in spite of several attempts to get him to do so.

So now I think I'll just leave it as further testament to his arrogance.

I figured out the difference between when I first came here in July, and now - The more Bard posts, the fewer others will.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

randy
09-25-2005, 12:25 PM
ALL RIGHT!!!! :mad:

Now you all have done it! You have pissed Stinky off but good!

I predict there will be CONSEQUENCES AND REPERCUSSIONS!!

Woe be unto you........

basca
09-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Do you have a tissue so I can wipe away the tears Randy? :sad

:rofl

PurpleButterfly
09-25-2005, 02:26 PM
***hands Basca a brand new box of Puffs***

:laugh

momahedger
09-25-2005, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=stinky*felix]I post what I see, Bard. And I rarely take anything as fact without verifying it,/QUOTE] :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :rofl :rofl omg, did she really say that? Pinned, I need some puffs over here, I laughed so hard I am crying :rofl

momahedger
09-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Woe be unto you........ we are all doomed. doomed I tell you. doomed. :file :old :laugh :laugh

momahedger
09-25-2005, 04:40 PM

Woe be unto you........ we are all doomed. doomed I tell you. doomed. :file :old :laugh :laugh

PurpleButterfly
09-25-2005, 04:42 PM
***passes Moma a brand new box of Puffs too***

:D

Peregrina
09-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Give me time, trouble, I'll find a way to blame it all on Bush. :cool

and this will get me flamed, but after reading several threads where Stinky has consistently gotten slammed, I have to say I agree with certain things she says. Not all, but she has some good points.

Bleep
09-26-2005, 08:12 AM
OK, so Mr. Bush doesn't believe in gay marriage, therefore, these poor lesbian parents were forced to hide their questionable morality from everyone, including their children, ( No dear, Daddy doesn't need to shave his face, he used a permenet depilatory...no dear those aren't daddy's breasts, he's just getting a little fat... and so on) And Mr. Bush's oppression caused them to lose their judgment and in a depserate bid for redemption they enrolled their three girls in a fundamentalist christian school to save their souls so their wouldn't end up like mommy and err...mommy...
wait, it is all Bush's fault! That poor family! They should move to Canada, where,unless they are also aboriginal, no-one will care.

Buckeye1sid
09-26-2005, 02:49 PM
I really believe you all have missed the point. It's the little girl's fault. What was she thinking, chosing lesbian parents? The school is right to make her suffer. Persecution is what Christianity is all about and if people won't follow the rules, then it's perfect acceptable to ruin the child's life, just so long as you thank Jesus for having given you the opportunity to do it. Being righteous ain't easy!

Rabbit392
09-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Trouble wrote,

"They feel that if they let homosexuals in their school, a place where homosexuality is viewed as sin, then they would be lukewarm in the eyes of Christ."

They didn't "let homosexuals in their school," ... this was a 14 year old student they expelled, not the parents.

That's the reason why their action was fundamentally WRONG and un-Christian like.

As for Stinky, I don't think it's anti-Christ rhetoric that's motivating her. She has been known to post homophoebic and anti-gay comments on the Ebay boards. Stinky is someone who also espouses the view that gays should not be allowed to have children.

Without understanding her previously stated views it is difficult to understand her underlying premises and prejudices.

And attacking you, Bard (Koresh? That was reaching) it undermines whatever argument she was trying to present. That is the dominant debate style that emerges when you read her posts.

Peregrina
09-26-2005, 10:21 PM
fundamentally wrong and un-christian? maybe, but I don't think so. the parents broke the rules. that right there is fairly clear. the school had guidlines, they were clearly spelled out and the parents did not follow them.

this is a private organization, they have the right to set up their own regulations about whom to accept. they aren't the boy scouts, who are a public organization, but discriminate against gays.

and don't flame me about BSA - my dad, an uncle and both brothers are eagle scouts, I have a great deal of respect for the BSA, I just don't agree with them on this. or the girl scouts for that matter, who got into a tussle earlier in the spring because a group in ....Waco, I want to say, accepted Planned Parenthood as one of their sponsors/ supporters.