A stanza so many can relate too
Thanks for a lovely contribution...

RawhideKid
10-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Last stanza my favorite
A stanza so many can relate too
Thanks for a lovely contribution...

You got that right Bard!

How amazing is it that people can inspire one another to write.

The gift to do this is obviously brought to the surface when our thoughts are of the ones we love and/or admire. You can relate to that Bard! Without this emotion what would life be like other than empty and unfulfilled.

trinity
10-20-2009, 06:54 AM
This was written when I was 17 (I am now almost 50) when the love of my life wouldn't take me back. I stopped trusting my instincts and stop writing poetry after that. I wrote several pieces that still give me shivers when I read them but my creativity left me when he did.

If anyone says you can't experience true love in your teens they are wrong. Those emotions are very raw, and while they may not be reality in the sense that you don't have the burdens of life (mortgage, kids etc) at that time, the wide range of feelings are at the forefront nevertheless and they are very real.

As boomers strive to obtain "things" and have it all, alot of them are coming back to what they had in the first place and we are seeing a rash of people seeking out their first true love.

The love of my life is now back in my life, and I am starting to write once more. I hope to share these with the board... and inspire others.

Bard
10-21-2009, 08:00 PM
This was written when I was 17 (I am now almost 50) when the love of my life wouldn't take me back. I stopped trusting my instincts and stop writing poetry after that. I wrote several pieces that still give me shivers when I read them but my creativity left me when he did.

If anyone says you can't experience true love in your teens they are wrong. Those emotions are very raw, and while they may not be reality in the sense that you don't have the burdens of life (mortgage, kids etc) at that time, the wide range of feelings are at the forefront nevertheless and they are very real.

As boomers strive to obtain "things" and have it all, alot of them are coming back to what they had in the first place and we are seeing a rash of people seeking out their first true love.

The love of my life is now back in my life, and I am starting to write once more. I hope to share these with the board... and inspire others.

Wishing you well on your voyage trinity :thumbsup
Yeah I agree, there aint no such thing as 'puppy love'
just ....
'love'

I too laid down my pen in my teens, too pick it back up in my late forties.
The quill......mystery garbs her, as we query who pushes and fuels her....
is it we or she?

Bard
10-21-2009, 08:04 PM
You got that right Bard!

How amazing is it that people can inspire one another to write.

The gift to do this is obviously brought to the surface when our thoughts are of the ones we love and/or admire. You can relate to that Bard! Without this emotion what would life be like other than empty and unfulfilled.

Yes indeed, 'love' leaves a hole in the heart of man when she departs.
and seemingly only she ie 'love' can fill it...

No doubt man was created to walk in the company of love
lighting our footsteps on this road and journey we call life.

trinity
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Thank you for your kind words Bard. Its pretty unnerving posting something this personal.

I find it comforting that we can do a full cycle in the course of life and end up staring at our ghost from the past. We are the sum total of our life experiences and this brings us full circle.

I read a book a couple of years ago entitled "If Life is A Game These Are The Rules" this may be of interest to you. Its all about how "GOD" or a higher being will bring events and people to the forefront of our existence until we "get it". You often hear people ask "Why does this keep happening to me". Well its because you didn't get it the first round or your stubborn or too full of pride. It was a life changing experience for me.

Life is a university and we determine our own fate. Hopefully I got it this time...