PDA

View Full Version : Your Next-Door Neighbors First Names?

Bard
09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
And what you HATE the most about them!

:laugh

PurpleButterfly
09-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Mary and Norman on one side, Marcie and Frank on the other.

They're ALL freakin' NUTS!

Luckily Mary and Norman are only here on the weekend.

Marcie and Frank, well, I've house-sitted for them before and the amount of pills they take along with the booze they drink, let's just say it explains a lot.

Bard
09-25-2005, 03:08 PM
:lolup

We live in a very rural area, our very long driveway runs hundreds of feet before you get to the top of the hill where we live.

But, at the bottom, there are four skinheads, braindead skinheads I might add, that have crazy parties crashing their monster trucks into each other and shit.

And fire guns off a lot :rofl

They are friendly enough to us and don't bother us a bit, but, whenever guests come, thay always show up pale, on our doorstep, and asking, who the fuck are those guys down the hill?

They look all bad & shit....

I view them as good security, once folk see them, they generally never venture any further up the hill. :file

:laugh

Jannilu
09-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Don't know first or last names...... :shrug I'm terrible with names. :banghead

I bought a baby gift for the ones on the left when they had their little girl. They're a nice couple, just can never remember their names. :confused:

I've never spoken to the ones on the right. Not in the direction to cross paths. :stonekick

browneyedK
09-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Gary and Nancy on the right side of us....

AND

Darrell and Diane on the other side.

All pretty down to earth and quiet, except for when Darrell and Diane have their weekend parties. Lots of soul music, laughter and rowdiness. It's fun to hear the music. And the niiice thing about it? They always let us know when it's gonna happen.

We have great neighbors.

We all watch after each others place when vacations are taken.

Lilypadprincess
09-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Lisa and Larry. They are furious that we have a dog now. She is a tiny, quiet, little lady dog with perfect manners. I keep the yard clean of turds. She never steps foot in their yard. But, they still hate her. Morons.

basca
09-25-2005, 03:29 PM
To the left, I cannot say anything bad about them, Bruce and Carol, they are very nice. (he's very http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin/evilgrin0039.gif )

To the right of us, Joe and Susan, well, they are special in their own way. She has him trained very well. I can't imagine her ever breaking a fingernail.

Two houses to the right, now there are problems there, Kerry and Linda. Linda is nice. Kerry is a fucking asshole. He was unemployed for a year. My hubby helped to get him a job where he works, arranged the interview, all of that. Kerry got the job, was fired 6 weeks later because he could not listen to simple instructions. He turned around and sued the company and claimed discrimination. It is a huge company and they settled because it wasn't worth the time and effort, nor the bad press they would receive. He ended up getting his job back...but I am just so sad, he has to move. The only opening they had was in Ohio. This guys is a complete arrogant SOB. He had the _____ to come down and knock on my door after all of this and ask me to make a video for him 3 days ago and he wanted it done that night. I was a bit :wtf and told him NO...I don't think he will ask again, but then again you never know, the guy is such a jerk.

Glad you asked?

lol1uk
09-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Kathy and Keith on one side.....I don`t hate anything about them.

Ada and Ivor on the other side and I hate their lack of control over their 8 or 9 kids!!! Their kids swear like troopers and the parents don`t say a word. They are forever throwing their bloody footballs into our garden and flattening plants with them. One time, one of the balls bounced off my head and jarred my neck(I have neck problems) and I yelled at them.......one little darlin` told me to *Shut up you fat bastard*

They had birds nesting under their gutters this year and the little monsters kept throwing their footballs up at the nest, trying to scare the birds away.

GOD!!! I HATE these bleedin` kids

PurpleButterfly
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
8 or 9 kids?!?!?!?!?

I'm likin' my old fart neighbors more and more!

momahedger
09-25-2005, 04:08 PM
:lolup

We live in a very rural area, our very long driveway runs hundreds of feet before you get to the top of the hill where we live.

But, at the bottom, there are four skinheads, braindead skinheads I might add, that have crazy parties crashing their monster trucks into each other and shit.

And fire guns off a lot :rofl

They are friendly enough to us and don't bother us a bit, but, whenever guests come, thay always show up pale, on our doorstep, and asking, who the fuck are those guys down the hill?

They look all bad & shit....

I view them as good security, once folk see them, they generally never venture any further up the hill. :file

:laugh this shows how you are a better person than me. I cannot stand skinheads or aryans. or hatred in any form. well, now I guess you could say I am prejudiced against prejudicial people. :(

but I know that you do not agree with them but just put up with them. you have my respect. anway

on the one side is a set of 4 apt. do not know any of them except that they have a lot of late night visitors. :wtf and we pretty much know why. :ohwell

but on the other side is a nice couple with two grown children and a little girl. He is a retired policeman from a family of policemen. and she is very nice. Misty is her name and his name is Steve. I hope that they stay. the last nice neighbors that we had was a set of sisters who were widows and they were Marge and Kate. but they had to move to a bigger place for more room for both of them. :ohwell

Poodles
09-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Next door is the lovley "Grace" she is around 80-her baking rocks-she is great to listen 2-has wonderful stories to tell.

My next down Neighbor is "Alan" but he has been away for over 6 months in the North-Island -0 I miss him.

Then theres Anne-sweet-heart-Pauline = sweetheart..Very blessed-I have great Neighbors here-not true of the last place I lived in.Ive been here around 5 years-will not leave-love my hoose ;)

randy
09-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I do not know or speak to one of my neighbors and we live in the middle of a suburban area. There are multiple houses on each side of us, behind us and across the street from us. I couldn't tell you if any of my neighbors are married, have children or anything else about them and I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM TO DEATH FOR THIS GIFT!!

I and WE highly value our privacy. We live our own destinies and we do not ask anyone around us to share that or for any help of any kind. We are able to come and go as we please and so are they. No one asks us to borrow anything including money where we live. If there was an emergency we would be glad to help but are totally disinterested in going to a neighbors for coffee, drinks, dinner or anything else. We WOULD have a problem if neighbors started showing up at our front door uninvited and with any kind of nonemergency. Frankly we do not want to be bothered.

I waited for decades to be able to live this way and now that I can I would NOT trade it for anything in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

I hope everyone else is as satisfied with their situation as we are with outs. :)

Peregrina
09-25-2005, 11:26 PM
the only neighbor I truly know is Kathy, across the way and that is mostly because she rescued me when I locked myself out on the balconey. :) I closed the door behind me, it locked and I was stuck. I'm on the second floor andto add insult to injury, I was getting over being really just dog sick and didn't have a voice. she came home and I had to bang on things to get hre attention, then do this silly little sign language/jig to explain to her what happened to me. :)

my belowstairs neighbors are never home - they leave at 7 in the morning and don't ocme home until 10 in the evening, my next door neighbors give me dirty looks every time I see them and the other downstairs neighbors have this creepy kid who stands around watching everyone.

Yorkshire Lass
09-26-2005, 01:30 AM
On one side we have Edna, in her 80s, who was widowed in March after more than 60 years of marriage to Ernest. She is almost blind and misses her husband terribly. Very sad. Her daughter and son-in-law come to look after her almost every day. She is no trouble to us and we have a nice chat with her every now and again.

On the other side we have Consie, a spinster who must be nearing 90 I think. We do some of her shopping for her ("Just the two bottles of whisky please dear") and fix things around the house. She isn't very stable on her feet and quite often needs picking up off the floor. She would rather we risk our backs than call for the paramedics to do it, because they would insist on taking her to hospital for a checkup - she hates being in hospital.

We live in a cul-de-sac (dead-end road), so we know all the neighbours. Generally they're very friendly, nice people. :)

Chris

lol1uk
09-26-2005, 04:49 AM
LOL Chris.....*just the two bottles of whisky please* no wonder she`s unsteady on her feet :rofl
Good for her I say....at age 90 she has earned as many whiskies as she wants!!!

Yorkshire Lass
09-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Laura, that's what we think! She certainly seems happy enough, but I do think there's another medical reason why she collapses, not just the booze. :ohwell

Chris

Lyn Is Snide
09-26-2005, 07:40 AM
I do not know or speak to one of my neighbors and we live in the middle of a suburban area. There are multiple houses on each side of us, behind us and across the street from us. I couldn't tell you if any of my neighbors are married, have children or anything else about them and I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM TO DEATH FOR THIS GIFT!!

What Randy said! :clap

Bleep
09-26-2005, 08:01 AM
lets see. We have over 1500 feet of boundary line. There's Paulo and Maria to the south- nutso cuckooo portuguese winos whose main language is "Fuck you" . I'd like them because they bult a 7 foot high fence around their place, but before they did that they knockoed down several 50 foot tall balsam firs on my property, and since every single arborist in the provicne is a relative of theirs, there was no point suing them. There's 83 year old Tuck to the west who is the local expert on chickens and still keeps a flock among the other rescued farm animals she cares for, to the north is lonely Dave, the retired baker who has a passel of grandkids who come over to use his pool. To the east is Mr. Mac- don't know his first name, but he's a nice guy. To the south east corner is Ted- whose wife left him to care for a herd of overgrown teenboys, now in their overgrown twenties and still at home- who regularly attract police attention with their parties. In between are the new neighbours, Corrie and Bill, prairie transplants who thought the best use for a 3 acre, 100 year old fir forest was to clear cut it, so that the lovely west coast rainforest is now gone and there is a stark clay bulldozer plain bearing a distinct resemblance to a desert, complete with 20 foot tall palm trees that they had transplanted in front of it...

I just get on my horse, turn up the arena stereo and ride. :rahrah