PDA

View Full Version : Baron (Lord of The Realm) is Gone

Bard
08-21-2010, 10:56 AM
It is with tear-filled eyes, and a brokenheart that I must announce
my Baron is gone.
Most know I had from the time he was 10 or 12 weeks old.

In these past couple of years, he was my reason for living, his hips weak from years ago, wed walk daily.

In recent days his back legs just gave out, He could not get himdself up,
And it took ALL I had, to get him out to do his duty, then hed collapse again, id struggle, but finally get him back in.

I had to him in today at fifteen yeasrs old, and say goodbye
I cried the entire time, i made certain that I could hold his head, and look him dead in the eye, as I sent him to heaven.

I made a promise to him as a pup, when the winds were raging, I covered him as he crothed under me, I swore Ill take care of, till your old enough to take care of me, we both kept our promise, He still had a sparkle in his eye, its why I didnt do it before, folks suggested it, but Barion was still loving life
and the friendship we had, he lost his bowel control a year ago, but I dealt with that, I was not gona kivck him to the curb, due to the fact, he was a little broken, i being in the busines still had a commercial carpet cleaning machine that I barely could hsandle anymore, but i kept our living envioroment clean.

The las few days, he just could NOT get up, it took ALL i had to get him up, only for him to collapse again, this has gone on days now, me prayong it was just a bad patch of road.

I feel like I betrayed him, My wife Sandra always took our dogs to the vet when it was time, I did it once years ago, and never sagain till today,
I promised Baron Id be with him.

It do not go fast, the DR had to administer enough stuff to kill 150 pound animal, Baron was 80 ish maybe thinner, it felt like forever, it broke my darn heart, Baron was all I had, and I was all he had,

My only consolation is that I did not go first, leaving him to others
cus he would have been lost, the sun set on me for him

As did the sunset in my world for him.

Hes slept next me for years, i was always rushing to get back home from drs visits, cus i was worried about him, id been getting upop in the middle of the night for years, so he was not uncomfortable kidney wise.

Your with Jesus now Barom I pray you yu dont think I betrayed you.

I was afraid hed collapse in this 100 degree weather when doing his duty,
And Id NOT be able anymore to carry him inside, I batrely could get him up, to go out anymore.

im not penning this for pity, I just am brokenhearted, and had prayed this day would never come.

But knew it would, hes was loosing weight, anf getting finnicky about his food, id habe to feed him out off my hand the past week or so.

my oh my, i guess i hoped this might give me a bit of closure, i cried going there, baron was so excited to take a ride, poor guy didnt know

I hope he forgives me.

Baron would have been 16 this christmas, when my first wife Sandra of twenty three years gave Baron to me,

Sandra died not much longer than a year ago, i hope they find each other in heaven.

It seems the older you live, the more broken your heart gets, saying goodby to folks.

I simply am very sad, please dont allow this to throw a damper on day or posting, I just needed to share, cus ALL of you, who knew me, knew Baron as well, Baron had bad alleries for years, in the summer heat hed tera and scratch at himself till hed loose hair,

There was nothing to be done, the vet said his back legs were untreatable
he had a fancy name to make me feel less guilty, if Id had the strength, id of carried Baron in and out forever IF, I was able, which I no longer am.

Baron had a stroke about a year ago, set one eye a sqew, and one side of his mouth hung funny, but i still walked him, and in dignity did he stroll.

My last words as I left the vets cryying, sobbing, was this

i said please htreat him with the dignity he he was due.

i came home, threw out his bolws, must find someone to take his new unopened bag of food, he bones treats, well now im just going on.

Maybe Im writing this on behalf of ALL, whoever loved as did I
these animals spo loyal and precious that steal our hearts.

i will never get, another animal ever, i could nEVER deal, with this kinda pain again, so now you know you are familia to me, its why i shared this loss.

ty for all your years of compliments and asking about Baron

He loved the attencion.

Again, im not looking for a long Sorry bard pity thread, I just needed to share
my loss, our loss in Bardonia.

thank you for listening.

Rod

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/baronbeautiful.jpg

Bard
08-21-2010, 10:57 AM
i need a nap now.

Calli
08-21-2010, 11:05 AM
True and noble friends, such a terrible time when we have to send our fur friends over the rainbow bridge. Baron was extremely fortunate, as were you, Bard, for the friendship and love these many years.

May your heavy heart be eased knowing that you shared so many good times together.

{{{Bard}}}

Cit
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
With teary eyes..... I'm SPEECHLESS!!!

I am so so very sorry Bard. http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5494/cryqh.gif

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7700/cf46523818120006295422.gif

Wrenchbender
08-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry Bard. I know how hard it is. It sounds like the same thing that happened to Bubba.

Trouble
08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Hang in there Bard. That's what he would have wanted. I'm really sorry man. Real sorry.

jtxk
08-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Very, very sorry Bard.

Cit
08-21-2010, 01:02 PM
A nice touch of class from the head lady at BOMM

http://boardoutamymind.net/forums/showthread.php?p=59418#post59418

Today, 01:36 PM
Senorita Bitchalot

Default Baron (Lord Of The Realm)
Bard, I'm so sorry for your loss.

From Bard's Coliseum
Quote:
It is with tear-filled eyes, and a brokenheart that I must announce
my Baron is gone.

axl803
View Public Profile
Send a private message to axl803
Find all posts by axl803

Unread Today, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Baron (Lord Of The Realm)
Can't access Bard's or TRS since I made my last post to TRS. Nothing seems to work. WTH is this all about?

Quote:
GoogleSorry...

We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

See Google Help for more information.

paleryder
View Public Profile
Send a private message to paleryder
Find all posts by paleryder

Unread Today, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Baron (Lord Of The Realm)
Maybe someone can carry this over to the Bard's for me... Trouble around?

Bard....real sorry about this news. I know it cuts deep.

If there is a blessing in all this it's that Baron didn't outlive you and suffer wondering what happened to his master.

You got to see him off. I'm of the opinion that not being there for him in the end would have been more gutwrenching for Baron and you.

paleryder
08-21-2010, 01:06 PM

If there is a blessing in all this it's that Baron didn't outlive you and suffer wondering what happened to his master.

You got to see him off. I'm of the opinion that not being there for him in the end would have been even more gutwrenching for Baron and you.

Baron spent his entire life with the love of his life, his master, Rod.

Doesn't get any better than that for a loyal friend like Baron.

Snuffy
08-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm really, really sorry to hear this Bard, I know how much he meant to you. Your loyalty to Baron and his to you have been well documented on this board over the years and I'm glad I got to read about it. The love and devotion you showed him over his lifetime was second to none.

Bard
08-21-2010, 03:58 PM
i just go up and remembered I had something in the truck i needed, I grabbed my keys "real Quiet" Like I ALWAYS do, cus once Baron Hears the Keys,
He starts his shenanigans, and starts putting on the beg to go, thjen I realized he was gone and started balwing all over again.

He used to LOVE to go for rides,he was so excited today.

Thank you one and all for your sweet words, including the gals sat the BOMM, I just answered a pM from a dear friend and stated, my life has nEVER felt so quiet and alone, so now i cry all over again.

Yes, I had worried I might go before Baron, KNOWING none would deal with his speial needs as I did, and that haunted me, the though of him just in the hands of strangers, quickly to meet his fate.

we had a special way, Only I knew how, to get him up in the truck cab, hed go to the door put his front paws up and pull as id come underneath his back side and swoop him up,

So many things only I knew how to do, baron collapsed on a walk a couple weeks ago, and neigbors who always se us each day limp around the block, stated he needed to be put down, looking at me as i was cruel, I KNEW Baron, he Still had a glimmer in his eye today, he used to smile, hard to explain,

When the dR got in, they zttempted to position me behind him, I protested
firmly and said His eyes must meet mine, it was a promise I made
I got my way, it too k so long, two different siringes hurting him.

i know they say time heals all, yet, again, my ONLY consolation, was he didnt loutlive me, the silly goose adored me,

I was worried in this 100 degree weather, that he might collapse outside,
trying to go to the bathroom, and there would be none to help me, that though of him suffering in the heat partially made me make the decision.

Hed had several problems as we all do accumilate in later years, i swore just days ago to him, eye to ey, id nOT take the easy way out!

i waited as long as I could to see if his hip gained strenth again, but only worseened, this morning he awoke fairly frisly needing out but unable to get up by pulling himself as he used to while i pulled gently on his neck and head,
It had been this way for days, i knew the wasnt open sunday, so the sad lure of the leash perked him up enough to get him to do his business then we loaded him in the truck, he and I, i couldnt even get him sitting up as usual, turned the air on and he thought we were going to the park,

i gotta stop now, thank you all very much for your kindness, I never though id be doing this in public, it simply overcame me more thatn I even imagined.

I held his head firm scratching his chin, which I always did before he went to sleep at night, the site of him as he was when I left shall haunt me always,
I just didnt know any other way.

I know dog lovers, we got a bunch on the boards, im writing this for them, and praying to god he will lessen my pain,

I KNOW baron is in heaven now, and wont have no motre pain.

thats what matters, but the hole left in my heart, i just dont know.

Sobbing like an infant.

we all said to Barion your aggod boy.

It's the last words i whispered in his ears

He did not seem to undrstand my seeming betrayal however
I pray the Lord will explain that to him.

Fifteen years, we always had each other,

Bard
08-21-2010, 04:05 PM
I think it was Lakelady that said, we love ALL our pets in ourr lives, if we be fur people, but Baron, yes, Baron was outstanding, I always tried to picture this day, And I NEVER was man enough, to even follow through with the thought, cus id breakdown, I

Its likes our parents, we NEVER think, or can picture the world without them,
Even though one day we know we must.

It was that way with Baron.

he was a good boy.

Bard
08-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Hepburn
Rossite Priestess Join Date: Sep 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Im sitting here crying too, reading that. Oh, I know how his heart hurts.
Rod..Baron loved you dearly. You were his best friend and he knew you would take care of him. And you did. Please dont feel bad you sent him over rainbow bridge. Thats what he wanted and hoped you would do.
I know you want to be with him right now. I know you wonder how you can go on. You can. Because thats what Baron expects you to do. He awaits you when its time.
Hes safe, Rod. No pain. Running. Happy. And prepares for when you meet him at the bridge. For now..let him run to Sandra, play, sniffety smell, jump in joy at being with God. You know Jesus is there...ready to hand him chocolate kisses. In heaven, chocolate is ok. And white robes are so comfy to cuddle in. Hes being taken care of, Rod. Know that.

Now In crying ALL over again, just sobbing,

i kNEW youd understand

ty Hep

I nEVER EVER cried so hard in my entire life!

NOR hurt as much.

Ty to all at Rosses for your kindness...

its a tribute to Baron, that something good should grow out of such primal pain

paleryder
08-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Like I told you before, they are not like family, THEY ARE FAMILY.

Bard
08-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Thank you,theres too many to name, but your words and love help

One reason I decided to go public with this, was, so many of you KNEW Baron through my words over the years.

Baron was part of the Bardonian familia

I had always sorta hoped, we could jump off at the very same moment,

Again, the words, its like they somehow take some of the bite off the pain swelling up inside me.

I though Id chicken out when I got there.

Baron was very dignified, I never let on, about his mistakes due to his bowels weakened, cus it hurt his pride, im not the most patient man in the world,
But waking twice, or three time a night to let him out, just came natural to me, hed make mistakes and I NEVER let on, hed done anything wrong, cus I knew how proud he was, on our walks sometimes dogs would mock him due to his aged gate, he puff up and growl back his dignity hurt, I learned to walk him where NO fogs would injure his pride, and when we came along one, one in a while, id lean down and whipser in his ear, saying blow it off Baron, in your day, they would have NEVER mocked you in such fashion.

He still enjoyed just one of his toys, hed drop it, and show me how quick he was, by snatching it up, before i could get it,then hed drop it again and let me try, as id chant im gona get tnhat toy, and hed smile and laugh.

He still enjoyed laying out in the cool shade in the evening, and sniffing the air, fremembering the days, we walked as kings among men.

On our walks one thig Baron never lost site of, was the scent of a woman

Silly goose.

You have all been very kind over the years as I doted over Baron

He was my best friend.

Your words meat a lot PR know that!

Every word spoken in kindness is a tribute to Baron, and the endless love story of Baron and all dogs, Mans best friend. And those of us, who are true fur people.

Bard
08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Like I told you before, they are not like family, THEY ARE FAMILY.

yes.

Bard
08-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Helenjw

To Baron......

"They to whom thy virtues made thee dear

Shall find thee through all changes of the year"

I'm so sorry, Bard.

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/accuweathermaps/bardbaron23.jpg

Bard
08-21-2010, 04:38 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/accuweathermaps/large/birthdayboy031905copy.jpg

Bard
08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
LittleRedFireAnt
VooDoo Queen

Re: Baron (Lord Of The Realm)

My deepest sympathy. I've been in your shoes and I know that terrible moment.

I carefully read his symptoms and you did the right thing, no need to ask forgiveness.

It's not needed between two hearts who love so deeply they don't need words.

Wishing you grace and courage.

Thank you dear heart.

PR

You got to see him off. I'm of the opinion that not being there for him in the end would have been even more gutwrenching for Baron and you.

Thank you PR

Bard
08-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Baron and I took a walk every evening around sevenish when the sun dropped a bit, He always garnered compliments.

Ill be able to walk a little bit further nowm not being concerned for overdoing it for Baron.

Yet hell, the entire fun aspect of the walk was sharing it with Baron

Oh my. Ive gone on like an old lady Baron would be embarressed,

He had this very cool way about him, he was discerning,

When folk wed pass that were NOT true animal lovers, and they try to give him a fake pet, hed always blow em right off, he was way cool that way, all he ever needed was me, and I him.

I always said, of my wife of 23 years, that it would be selfish to want to go first, hence leaving the other one to grieve, I always hoped it would be her first, so she wouldnt be the one one grieving left behind, im glad it was that way,

and as PR said, im gratefull that Baron never had to wake up to a day without me, for this im gratefull, my eyes are almost swollen shut from crying,
so , ill thank everybody once more at all three boards, for their kind loving words, its a fine tribute to Baron, and im truly gratefull, all were able to that, past me, to the fact that baron deserved good words, cus he was a good boy.
and faithfull to the very end, Ant said with those symptoms I did the right thing, that helped some, yet I still feel i let him down somehow.

i pray im wrong about that,

thank you again, for the care you gave me, ill promise not to let this go on too long, as i said Baron was very dignified, they gave him a HUGE dose,
And he refused to die, I muttered he has a stroing heart, Dr said it due to bad circulation.

that part hurt, that he wouldnt let go, a few days ago when i think he has a small stroke, i told him in earnest, to go when he needed too, and not to hang on for me.

Silly goose, even after told him that, he refused to die quick, cus he was worried about me.

Crying again, so we shall wrap this up.....hopfully

StrayStar is always tekidding me about promises i cant keep.

But For barons sake, i think I can. Baron always hated the sound of hurt, crying child, or yelping puppy, hed become very upset wanting to aid and help, Lord knows, without Baron, I never would have made it over the last two years.

So Thanks baron, for getting me through the rough patch,
Ill be coming soon enough, you just, romp and be at peace
and ty for all you years of love and unbroken devotion

With love & tears

Love Rodney

Bard
08-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Hep

I just read your last missive
thank you.
One of the last things i said to baron, in fron of the doc staff and all, was its Ok baby, your gona be with Jesus and Sandy, and ill be along soon.

If I did NOT believe that, Lord knows id break down and die right damn now.

Instead, I guess Ill take that first walk. Maybe.

ty

Fleetwood
08-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Rod,

I am so sorry about Baron. The world is lesser without his beauty and dignity. Please know that you did the very best thing for him. Although you are suffering, he is at peace.

One of my favorite things about you has been your love and loyalty to Baron and his to you. I pray the day comes when you can remember him with a smile rather than tears.

Thinking of you,
Fleety

Bard
08-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Rod,

I am so sorry about Baron. The world is lesser without his beauty and dignity. Please know that you did the very best thing for him. Although you are suffering, he is at peace.

One of my favorite things about you has been your love and loyalty to Baron and his to you. I pray the day comes when you can remember him with a smile rather than tears.

Thinking of you,
Fleety

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/cuatro/102805_7424barona.jpg

On Behalf of Baron and myself.
Thank you Fleety,
from the bottom most earnest part of my heart
God bless you.

Bard
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Again, on behalf Baron, to ALL at the BOMM
our appreciation for all your kindness this day
Yes lakelady, its going to be a long long day
Bless your heart

Kashtin
Axl
Maggie
LRFA
Zelda
Linda
Whale
PR
Hoping I have not forgotten anyone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/cuatro/102805_7424barona.jpg

StrayStar
08-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Bard, just got home and read this.

I am so sorry to hear about Baron. For as long as I've known you on the boards you've always spoken often of him like he's never been far from your mind (or you).

It's going to be hard but you remember you gave him the best life he could have had and he's waiting for you on the other side.

Bard
08-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi Bard, just got home and read this.

I am so sorry to hear about Baron. For as long as I've known you on the boards you've always spoken often of him like he's never been far from your mind (or you).

It's going to be hard but you remember you gave him the best life he could have had and he's waiting for you on the other side.

Thank you StrayStar my friend, no, Baron has always been on my mind
when the DR's taking to long, every task, everywhere all I ever muttered, was I got my dog to get home too. Baron always stood tall and foremost in every decision I made, down to how many steps to the front door of where I lived, and could Baron navigate them, if not, I went eleswhere, that suited him better, thank you, I did give him the best I could

No, he shall never be far from my heart nor mind.

Thank you for your words, they mean a lot.

Wrenchbender
08-21-2010, 07:33 PM
German shepherds are special. Some people understand what that means. Yes, they ARE family.

Bard, at the risk of sounding callous, in time I hope you can find your way to a new puppy. Believe it or not, it can happen....I've seen it happen. And don't be so damned eager to go chasin' after Baron into the Great Doghouse in the Sky. He's at peace. He left a hole behind, and he'll never be replaced. You'll always miss him.....but there's a puppy out there who really needs someone like you to rescue him. Check your local shelter if you don't believe me. I know Baron wouldn't argue with that idea.

Bard
08-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm really, really sorry to hear this Bard, I know how much he meant to you. Your loyalty to Baron and his to you have been well documented on this board over the years and I'm glad I got to read about it. The love and devotion you showed him over his lifetime was second to none.

Thank you Snuffy, for your friendship and gracious words

I thank everybody that posted here today, all my friends and friends of Baron, he knew no no enemies

Calli
Trouble
Wrench
Cit
Jtxk

Thank you for honoring Baron
with your words of heart.
My words fall flat I fear
I think you all know the extent of my thanks.

Bard
08-21-2010, 07:44 PM
German shepherds are special. Some people understand what that means. Yes, they ARE family.

Bard, at the risk of sounding callous, in time I hope you can find your way to a new puppy. Believe it or not, it can happen....I've seen it happen. And don't be so damned eager to go chasin' after Baron into the Great Doghouse in the Sky. He's at peace. He left a hole behind, and he'll never be replaced. You'll always miss him.....but there's a puppy out there who really needs someone like you to rescue him. Check your local shelter if you don't believe me. I know Baron wouldn't argue with that idea.

No, Wrench, the idea is noble
and i have given the same advice for years.
But for me, there are no more ladies, love or friends like Baron
I'm just not up to that anymore.
I couldn't keep up with a puppy.
But it was a good thought.
Only God can fill this hole left now my friend.
And friends help to,
For that I am very gratefull.
Baron would be honored by the words cast this day.

Yes, They are, very special, and yes, some do know what that means.
Family indeed.

Bard
08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Everything that I have done for years, has been centered around Baron.
Especially in his senior years, he needed some special help.

i guess what we overlook often in life is being needed
Its different than being loved.

Baron and I shared that need equally Id say, he to the end was my guard.

Recently on a walk, we came across a young guy with a big dog, Baron immediately, puffed himself all up, and gave them whatfor!

When the young affable gent asked barons age, I said fifteen almost sixteen, I said Ive had him since he was 10 qeeks old,

The young man then replied, "and hes still taking care of you right?"

I replied, yes, he sure is, has and did, he always put himself between me and danger, as I did with him,

Just a few weeks back, we were confronted with a loose, Pit Bull

i had to fend him off with my walking stick, until someone have us a hand,

All this time Baron trying to save me while Im saving him, me worried about him having a heart attack, most likekly baron thinking the same thing.

He was ,my guard, as I was his, we needed each other, because were
both come from working dog stock, once theres no more need for us, well, I always let Baron play the part, though, he would of laid down his life for me, as freely as I would have for him,

It has been a love affair to remember, one for books, no words would make a suitable headstone for Baron, no stone big enough.

Only a picture of the love in my heart would suffice, set side by side
of a picture of Barons heart, and the love he held for me.

I suddenly felt tired and thought I must take Baron out
I dreamed about him all afternoon napping.

Alas.

It is what it is,i wish id never had to see it end this way, but as PR mentioned,

I'm gratefull, verses the alternative.

I never had such a good friend, my walk this evening was nothing like it used to be, all looked, all noticed, the saddness accompanied every step i took. apparent to all i imagine.

I'll never be the same, due to the impact this Baron had on my life.
I was blessed and honored, to have had him for all these years.

Noguru
08-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Bard, words don't adequately express my sympathy to you over this loss. Dog people know, others may not, that the loss of a dog will present the toughest mountain any person ever has to climb, ever.

God Bless you Bard, you did the right thing, and you did it because of your love for Baron. You should know, and believe, that you did everything possible for him, right to the end. There is no easy way out of it, it is tough sledding man, the worst kind.

Take good care Bard.

Bard
08-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Bard, words don't adequately express my sympathy to you over this loss. Dog people know, others may not, that the loss of a dog will present the toughest mountain any person ever has to climb, ever.

God Bless you Bard, you did the right thing, and you did it because of your love for Baron. You should know, and believe, that you did everything possible for him, right to the end. There is no easy way out of it, it is tough sledding man, the worst kind.

Take good care Bard.

NG, I have long known you were a sincere fur person
Your words of affirmation, mean SO very much,
I wanted to give Baron EVERY chance, and then some,
Because i know something about broke things,
Some folk run the other way, or put a dog down early out of conveniance, while claiming it was for the dogs own good,

I never wanted to do that to Baron, i literally could NOT pick him up anymore,
With tears I say thasnk you for your kindness, because deep down, i feel still a bit guilty, like I wished i could have done more, though, i know I Did ALL i could, and wANTED to do more, but could not. In addition, he has other problems i was seeing.

I know its silly to feel quilty like i let him dowm, but sadly I do somehow.

Ill get over it, i did do it for Baron, God KNOWS I still want him here with me this night, like he has been for almost 16 years,

But hes not,

Im gratefull your deep regard for Baron and Gods creation allowed you to transend other stuff in order to comfort me
God bless you for that NG.
It helps me honest.

As far as your words, they said all as good as any man could,
Yes, i might venture to say this is the greaytest loss I have ever suffered in my life, though that may sound odd to others, I think somehow you will understand.

Again, than you NG, the sledding is hell, to imagine without caring souls
would render the moutain impassable

Lord bless you my friend for your kindness at this moment
It means more than most will ever know.

It's a fine salute to Baron and your dog/dogs

And all whoever loved Gods creatures as we dared.

BitemeIamtoxic
08-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Damn, Bard, this is sad news. I am sorry you lost your bestest pal. It's a hard decision to make, but we have to do what's required when finally necessary.

I got my daughter, Diana, a Dalmatian for her tenth birthday. When Diana was twenty-two, Cassie could no longer stand. We had previously saved her by having her infected uterus and cysts removed, and we tried to make life easy for her. I used to run with her, then I walked her for a long time, and then I had to take her for a 'brisk drag' up and down the street.

Cassie was still alert, but riddled with cysts, her death would have been prolonged and painful. Crying her heart out Diana had to take Cassie to the Vet. Cassie enjoyed her last trip immensely, her head hanging out the back window of the wagon.......

It was a painful adult time for Diana, whom just turned twenty-seven last week. Cassie's ashes are in a white container with black dots and sits on a bookshelf in Diana's bedroom.

Sigh. Life goes on. Be well Bard.

There's a puppy out there that needs you.

Bard
08-21-2010, 09:41 PM

I know it cuts deep.

To the bone cowboy, to the bone,

It's these kind of words PR, i been rehersing in my heart all day,
to keep going.

I just wanted to do right by him, and then some.
I guess Im not God, I couldn't fix this story
The ending is all fucked up....
And here I thought I was all cried out
Go fucking figure.

I hurt a longtime when i lost my Doby
thats when Sandra gifted me with Baron
Both were far more noble and good in character than I?
Why the fuck am I stil here and MY whole world is gone?

WTF?

What kinda shiy is that cowboy?

i know you know

I wish I was braver, I wish I colda saved Baron and Sandra.

God life hard to figure sometimes.

I used to think I knew something about something,

I now know I knew nothing about nothing.

All I wanted was Baron.

Fuck...

Ill be allright
Baron would be ashamed of me, not really
He was always right there for those tough moments.

If not For God, this words would not be penned
We pick up our cross and follow him
Thats all we can do

Trust and believe, like children, its all I have,
And blessed to have it

Jesus loves me this i know
For the Bible tells me so............

Bard
08-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Baron NEVER failed me.
That is the gift that these furred beasts that God created offer
Unconditional love, LOYALTY unto death
Love, with every breath and turn in the road
Smiles to greet you and bid you goodnight
Guardians, companions, we entrust with our very hearts
Never to regret it
Because they never fail us
It is the good in them, that we love so quickly
What grand creatures these are compared to man eh?
If only we could learn from them

I think Ill call it a night

Ty everybody and God bless you all

Ill be ok tomorrow.......

That is what we tell ourselves, yes, it is.
And time heals all, so they say.

So they say

Bard
08-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I Love You Baron & miss you you something terrible
I'll always love you buddy
Untill we meet Again....
Rest in the arms of the Lord
Until then...

paleryder
08-21-2010, 10:00 PM
To the bone cowboy, to the bone,

It's these kind of words PR, i been rehersing in my heart all day,
to keep going.

I just wanted to do right by him, and then some.
I guess Im not God, I couldn't fix this story
The ending is all fucked up....
And here I thought I was all cried out
Go fucking figure.

I hurt a longtime when i lost my Doby
thats when Sandra gifted me with Baron
Both were far more noble and good in character than I?
Why the fuck am I stil here and MY whole world is gone?

WTF?

What kinda shiy is that cowboy?

i know you know

I wish I was braver, I wish I colda saved Baron and Sandra.

God life hard to figure sometimes.

I used to think I knew something about something,
I now know I knew nothing about nothing.

All I wanted was Baron.

Fuck...

Ill be allright
Baron would be ashamed of me, not really
He was always right there for those tough moments.

If not For God, this words would not be penned
We pick up our cross and follow him
Thats all we can do

Trust and believe, like children, its all I have,
And blessed to have it

Jesus loves me this i know
For the Bible tells me so............

You're going to wear yourself out over something you can't change.

I'm from the school that everything happens for a reason. Like Baron ending up with you all those years ago. That was by someone's design. That someone was the same someone that created you.

I'll just add that anyone who can bring that kind of friendship, loyalty and love to your life is more than capable of seeing the bigger picture even when we can't. Got to keep the faith.

Baron's home.

Trust HIS creator.

Bard
08-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Damn, Bard, this is sad news. I am sorry you lost your bestest pal. It's a hard decision to make, but we have to do what's required when finally necessary.

I got my daughter, Diana, a Dalmatian for her tenth birthday. When Diana was twenty-two, Cassie could no longer stand. We had previously saved her by having her infected uterus and cysts removed, and we tried to make life easy for her. I used to run with her, then I walked her for a long time, and then I had to take her for a 'brisk drag' up and down the street.

Cassie was still alert, but riddled with cysts, her death would have been prolonged and painful. Crying her heart out Diana had to take Cassie to the Vet. Cassie enjoyed her last trip immensely, her head hanging out the back window of the wagon.......

It was a painful adult time for Diana, whom just turned twenty-seven last week. Cassie's ashes are in a white container with black dots and sits on a bookshelf in Diana's bedroom.

Sigh. Life goes on. Be well Bard.

There's a puppy out there that needs you.

BM

This piece got by me unnoticed
Thank you very much
for sharing and caring
yes, life goes on
Thanks for the legup

TY....

be well also my friend.........

Trouble
08-22-2010, 07:13 AM
This is all part of the grieving process Bard. You just hang in there.

I know it must be very tough, but it WILL be ok (in time).

Now, I agree 100% with Wrench. You need a puppy, or at least another dog, possibly a shelter dog that hits your switch. Begin to look. Don't feel that you have lost your loyalty to Baron. What you'll find is that in time, your feelings of loss will become more in perspective. Right now, you're in the middle of the grief process. You'll make it though. You'll make it.

Soon, begin to entertain the idea of another dog. Start by calling a shelter and ask them if they have any dogs of a breed type you like the most (I have a feeling which one that is :D ) Then, just ASK about their adoption policies. You don't have to commit, just start the process. At least try as soon as you feel you might be ready.

Now, I have an idea of your domiciliary situations as you are "mobile" it seems. :D Thus, I might suggest a departure from the Shepard breed and maybe a much smaller dog. First, a small dog will wrap itself around your heart as hard and fast as a big dog (maybe more). Plus, they're easier to move with and more places are accepting of smaller breeds than the larger ones many times.

Over a 20 year period, I had 2 different Hybrid wolves. Wolf/Malamute crosses. Both rather large dogs. As big or bigger than Baron was. I had to move around a bit in my years in Orange County and I found myself in a spot where I couldn't have the first "dog" anymore because I had to move to a cheaper place that would NOT allow me to have him. I ended up interviewing several people and finally gave "Bear" away to a couple with two kids. Last I heard he had passed away but had made the family a wonderful pet.

When "Bear 2", my last one passed away, I was just like you and swore off the idea of ever getting another dog. Well, one day, my wife brought home "Little Girl" to "show" me. My first thought was "OMG not yet ANOTHER animal around here (right now the count is 3 dogs 3 cats and 2 turtles....lol). To make a long story short, Little Girl is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I highly recommend another dog to you. It really is good advice.

Little Girl also says "She's sorry too".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/trouble1957/HPIM2935.jpg

Bard
08-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey Trouble, We thank you and little girl for your caring words,
You know me well enough to know how much I appreciate it.
I think Im planted in a place where I should spend the rest of my time
, given nothing dramatic in life should change, Im able to have any kind of pet, id like here, but i very much doubt i will ever get another animal, im pretty limited these days, and I just dont see that, as a real possability,
I need to be free of any heart obligations and this point in time my friend.
im just not ever up to having my heart broke again.
my accomadationas are very small though i have a large yard,
but anyway, I thank you very much, its the advice ive given for years,
But nomas, nomas...

Your a blessed man Trouble, I have told you often, you so very much to enrich your life, a man could ask for no more, i think your deserving of it all as well, for what its worth.

ill get by, a day a at a time, its just so very quiet.

My friends here help a lot trouble, folks like you.

Peace brother

Omega
08-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Bard, I am so sorry for your loss. I always loved your storys about and your pictures of Baron. My heart just breaks for you. I know what you are going through. In February My 16 yr old poodle went to sleep in my arms. Making that last trip to the vet was one of the hardest things I've ever done. He had Cushings disease. Loving your animal enough to make that last trip is one of the bravest, most loving thing a person can do. I know you don't want to even think about another dog right now. The time will come and you'll want anolther dog in your life. I told people I never wanted another one. Well, guess what? Two months ago I let a little black Cocker Spaniel into my life and I just love her! You will always have precious memories of Baron and they will help you in your grief. I understand and will be thinking about you. I wish you well.

Bard
08-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Bard, I am so sorry for your loss. I always loved your storys about and your pictures of Baron. My heart just breaks for you. I know what you are going through. In February My 16 yr old poodle went to sleep in my arms. Making that last trip to the vet was one of the hardest things I've ever done. He had Cushings disease. Loving your animal enough to make that last trip is one of the bravest, most loving thing a person can do. I know you don't want to even think about another dog right now. The time will come and you'll want anolther dog in your life. I told people I never wanted another one. Well, guess what? Two months ago I let a little black Cocker Spaniel into my life and I just love her! You will always have precious memories of Baron and they will help you in your grief. I understand and will be thinking about you. I wish you well.

Omega

Thank You for sharing, and your caring words
Baron is very honored, by the caring love so many have shared
Baron & I both thank you for taking the time..
Enjoy that New Spaniel :winky

Bard
08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Two nights before, Baron went away, he had a bad spell, he could not make it to the bed, where he always lay next to me for two years now, so I brought my bed to him, My bed hard to explain, floor level'allowing Baron to always lie right next to me, on that night he found himself in the middle of the floor, not being able to move, So I brought my bed to him, I laid close enough to hear his wispy shallow breathing from his nose,very faint it was,i suspect it was another stroke

I held his paw, as was my custom, and tenderly rubbed the soft underneath part of it,
after a bit Baron lifted his head as if to be a tad embarresed over my moving the sleeping quarters next to him, so being connected to his deep sence of digninty,
I moved my pillows and what not back a few feet where it alway is.
No surprise, but minutes later, 'somehow' Baron dragged himself back over to me, and lay right next to me as always, i was touched by his determination to maintain his dignity, while still wanting to be close to me as always, when I slept in a bed he could still get up, due to the shallow frame, when he no longer could, I joined him where he ws restricted to.
I imagine this will be my last entry, Last night was a tough one.
One day at a time as tears swell up, i had dear friends arrive today and called stating they were here, gaits require opening, I told them I didnt want to see anyone, and I for the first time in my life became suddenly familiar with the term mourning in all its dimensions,

I somehow feel differently with my family here, since they dont have to see me, my heartfelt thanks on behalf of Baron and myself for all who expressed concern, we love you.

paleryder
08-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Two nights before, Baron went away, he had a bad spell, he could not make it to the bed, where he always lay next to me for two years now, so I brought my bed to him, My bed hard to explain, floor level'allowing Baron to always lie right next to me, on that night he found himself in the middle of the floor, not being able to move, So I brought my bed to him, I laid close enough to hear his wispy shallow breathing from his nose,very faint it was,i suspect it was another stroke

I held his paw, as was my custom, and tenderly rubbed the soft underneath part of it,
after a bit Baron lifted his head as if to be a tad embarresed over my moving the sleeping quarters next to him, so being connected to his deep sence of digninty,
I moved my pillows and what not back a few feet where it alway is.
No surprise, but minutes later, 'somehow' Baron dragged himself back over to me, and lay right next to me as always, i was touched by his determination to maintain his dignity, while still wanting to be close to me as always, when I slept in a bed he could still get up, due to the shallow frame, when he no longer could, I joined him where he ws restricted to.
I imagine this will be my last entry, Last night was a tough one.
One day at a time as tears swell up, i had dear friends arrive today and called stating they were here, gaits require opening, I told them I didnt want to see anyone, and I for the first time in my life became suddenly familiar with the term mourning in all its dimensions,

I somehow feel differently with my family here, since they dont have to see me, my heartfelt thanks on behalf of Baron and myself for all who expressed concern, we love you.

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/accuweathermaps/large/102805_7424barona.jpg

Bard
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks PR, I just took my walk for the day, I'm gona need to switch up my walking paths, unfortunately my radious and perimeter somewhat, restricted,
everywhere i walk, i come the places where Baron and I would stop in the shade, and catch our breath and catch the breeze blowing,

Baron had special spots where hed pull in order to sniff out the scent of a lady he liked a lot. Ev ery pair of shorts I put on, still have the pet pouch baggy things, for if and when Baron did his business, then wed have favorite dumpsters where wed toss the bag of shit, you know your in love with an animal, when your prancing down the street with Baron and his bag of shit in tow. Somehow I never cared much.

Thanks again cowboy. :cool

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/accuweathermaps/large/102805_7424barona.jpg

jtxk
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Hang in there, Bard.

paleryder
08-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Avatar size..I cropped this to pull Baron in closer.

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/misc/icons/102805_7424barona_1.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/misc/icons/102805_7424barona_2.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/misc/102805_7424barona_1.jpg

Bard
08-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Hang in there, Bard.
Thank you my friend, I freely admit to never feeling as vulnerable as I have become over this loss, naturally it appears silly to many I know,
But somehow the writing helps me a bit, and folk caring helps,
Real dog lovers understand I feel....
I somehow will conquer, what seemingly today seems to be conquering me.
Cool to see you posting man :cool

jtxk
08-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Not silly at all, many of us have been through it, probably not to the degree of relationship that yours was, but still we know your pain. Know that it will ease.

paleryder
08-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Bard
08-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Hey PR, great minds huh, I thought about Baron as an avatar, or header.
But frankly I just think it would make me wat to sad daily, Its why I did not ask for his ashes, im a pictureless sort of man, otherwise the pictures hunt me and cut me bone deep fresh everyday.

I believe the essence of Sir Baron is now above us, where those of us who believe, will be one day, through faith, made possable by the gift of God in Christ Jesus, Baron at the throne of God is an Ok picture for me, for no more a noble animal was ever born.

I do thank you though, Heck, maybe you were not thinking of that at all, and im scribbling for no purpose,,,lol

Thanks again jtxk, I know many have been down this path, and had it hurt just the same.

In time yes, in time....miracle that is, how time clenses the raw ripped heart,
gift of God I imagine, otherwise none would be bold enough to cowboy up through the saddness that life offers.

Bard
08-22-2010, 07:03 PM

As long as Im around PR, the bards will be around, and with your help, weve been able to put togeather a hood library of Baron photographs.
When this thread is done, I will stick it with the friends forever thread I stuck in 'Poetry Pavillion, along with the 'best friends' thread.

So Baron will live on, which is only fitting for a dog as magnificent as he was,
I seldom bragged about his papers and pedigree, but Baron came from a very well known group of champions, he was one of the finest dogs in the state in that regard.

I have his papers framed, I however was always more proud of who he was, verses his pedigree, he never had nothing but love, and he never met indifferance by any for very long, if ya didnt like Baron, you were not welcome in my home, if you worried about your kids, youd learn not to bring him, Baron NEVR had to go outside, Sandra and I got intio it a few times over that, in party instances, she thought at times it would be more suitable for Baron outside, I understood and dissagrred, Baron went to our best friends house as new puppy, the first Christmas we had him, i said if Baron was not welcome, Id not come, Baron went Everywhere with me, especially in his puppy days. They even asked me why he had to come to a formal dinner?
Number one i was traiing him, Number two, i LIKED him!
He was my friend, so naturally id never have a good time without him.
Thats the way it was.
Baron owned me hook line and sinker, and he thought it was funny too!

Man am I going on like an old man

God save us ha ha
http://bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=10240

paleryder
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Baron owned me hook line and sinker, and he thought it was funny too!

Ain't that the truth.......I think they do reverse roles on us. I runaround taking care of them all day.

They're the master! :thumbsup

Bard
08-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Ain't that the truth.......I think they do reverse roles on us. I runaround taking care of them all day.

Keeps you young PR:winky
Baron would actually smile in such moments LOL

Im so honored that wyoTess took the time to encourage me with her words
it's not the first time, but Tess posts so seldom, I pray she reads here, or somehow finds out ,
Tess ALWAYS held good words.
How sincerely touched i was, she took the time to comfort me,
I always loved her, It's a fitting tribute to Baron,
I bow in thanks,
I'm very touched, go well Tess...
Love back at ya

PH, as well, Thank you mike.

wyoTess
Deacon Rossite Join Date: May 2007

Oh I am so sorry for your great loss Bard. Just think, whatever karma, good luck or blessing gave you such a magnificent fellow to share these good years with. There will never be another, yet he will never be gone. He lives on in your heart. What a very good dog Baron was, and a life filled with love, well lived. Much love & {{hugs}}

Bard
08-22-2010, 08:35 PM

You got three dogs right?

And the Neighbors cat?

Or was the one dog the neighbors?

Bard
08-22-2010, 08:38 PM

I never known a dog that worked a day for his food ha!

Bard
08-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Tess

Oh I am so sorry for your great loss Bard. Just think, whatever karma, good luck or blessing gave you such a magnificent fellow to share these good years with. There will never be another, yet he will never be gone. He lives on in your heart. What a very good dog Baron was, and a life filled with love, well lived. Much love & {{hugs}}

Tess always had iron in her words, no, the many years we had never escaped me for a minute, the averag lifespan for the GS breed at 8 to ten years, Baron was a warrior, his son died before him 'Wolfie'
also a magnificent animal.
We always recieved compliments as we walked
I use to joke about Baron being a chick magnant,
and why not? baron was breed apart,
He was beautifull up to his last breath,
I'll cup & cradle it in my heart forever.

We lived in so many different places this last two years
Every location on our FIRST days walk, Baron KNEW where home was, everytime, by scent, hed stop when we got there,
amazing how smart and discerning Baron was,
If Baron didn't like you, you KNEW it, and I always trusted his take on folk, he never let me down.

paleryder
08-22-2010, 09:04 PM
You got three dogs right?

And the Neighbors cat?

Or was the one dog the neighbors?

Down to the last 7 now. Had 11 when my wife died. 4 more have left this world.

3 dogs and 4 cats. One of the cats belongs (or did belong to someone down the road) but he never leaves my yard anymore. He owns me too.

Once I had 19 critters. A zoo. 8 dogs and 11 cats ( One of the strays went and had a litter.........Kept them all. Every last one of them.I can't take animals to the pound. In 26 years in this house....41 dogs/cats found a home

No regrets........

........but I'm worn out now.

Bard
08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
There were only two ocassions when we were apart, that were memorable, I left him to be walked by a sweet lady when i went to get my new drivers liscence, she was waking him as i ran toward him, he lit up like a Christmas tree cus he didn't know what was up

The other time folk cared for him when I was in the hospital for three days
you should have seenm how he lit up as i pulled u in my truck
we ran to each other ie hobbled fast.

He was very cool in that regard, didnt like to appear too lovydovy
but on those two ocassions, i just set up my life to where we seldom EVER were apart these last two years, towards the end in Monterey id even take him with me to the dr when it was cool, hed wait in the truck, then wed go to the pharmacy, that was an hour, id geve themnm the script then run out to the truck to walk an sit with Baron during the wait, the last two years, we were unseperable.

Bard
08-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Down to the last 7 now. Had 11 when my wife died. 4 more have left this world.

3 dogs and 4 cats. One of the cats belongs (or did belong to someone down the road) but he never leaves my yard anymore. He owns me too.

Once I had 19 critters. A zoo. 8 dogs and 11 cats ( One of the strays went and had a litter.........Kept them all. Every last one of them.I can't take animals to the pound. In 26 years in this home....41 dogs/cats found a home

No regrets........

........but I'm worn out now.

Admirable PR, when I was with My wife sandra of 23 years, ALL our pets found us, we had several cats two dogs and a bunny at one time.
I started putting my foot down, for years i wanted a GS, i had one when I was young, he got ran over, that was my fault cus I didnt train him right,
But we always had all these animals and I never got to get what i wanted for years, which was a import line GS, and that was Baron.

So yes PR, that MANY animals you housed and loved
you seen many leave as well,

I had a cat once 18 and very sick for three days, she nested in a piece of furniture i still have, I had worked all day and ran home, gave her water, pit it in her mouth, she sighed and died, Sandra said she had waited for me,
I believe she had, then sje gave up the ghost, I cried and grieved over them all, but as LL pointed out, theres always ONE, thats just different
and Baron was that one.

Good on ya PR for all those lines you loved, your due recompence i belive is found after we leave this earth, lovers of Gods creation shall be remembered
for the caretakers we were, or were not, and when your name comes up
there will be good notations attached, im certain of that.

To cradle Gods creatures in love, is extending his hand upon this earth
its what adds good to this earth, the heart that moves in love for all creation.

Good on ya man. well done.

Thats all I ever want to hear in the hereafter

Well done thy good and faithfull servant

I think God looks carefully upon what kind of caretakers we are....

Matthew 23: 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and afaithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

mewsicmama
08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
I am so very sorry Rod. I just lost my cat (Sylvester) of 16 years on Wednesday - he literally died in my arms at home after a two-month battle that I truly thought we were winning for a while. He started failing in the morning and I held him for hours as he slowly left us.

What a privilege that we as humans can make that decision to help our beloved pets when they need it. I have had to do it many times, and stayed with each one as you did Baron. If they go out with love looking at them in the face that is the best that we can do.

Please know that many other people share your grief, and Baron is now happy, healthy and whole - and probably having a wonderful time at Rainbow Bridge while he waits for you.

Crying with you - because no matter what anyone says or does it still hurts like hell.

:rose

Bard
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
I am so very sorry Rod. I just lost my cat (Sylvester) of 16 years on Wednesday - he literally died in my arms at home after a two-month battle that I truly thought we were winning for a while. He started failing in the morning and I held him for hours as he slowly left us.

What a privilege that we as humans can make that decision to help our beloved pets when they need it. I have had to do it many times, and stayed with each one as you did Baron. If they go out with love looking at them in the face that is the best that we can do.

Please know that many other people share your grief, and Baron is now happy, healthy and whole - and probably having a wonderful time at Rainbow Bridge while he waits for you.

Crying with you - because no matter what anyone says or does it still hurts like hell.

:rose

mewsicmama

Im so very sorry dear heart, about 'Sylvester'
I have no doubt, he was a blessed creature
bathed in love under youre care
Your words embraced me and steadied me
as I hope mine do you/
Somehow JUST KNOWING, that SOMEBODY ,loved & grieved as much as we, did and have, somehow helps, you encouraged me with your words.
Lord bless your heart as he holds Sylvester & Baron close to his breast
until we all meet in reunuion clad in glee one day.
At leasst I didnt cry my eyes closed today, I guess thats a step in the right direction, by the by
I had three cats live till they were eighteen.
Go well my friend & thank you for touching me in love this day....

Bard
08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
sjot and Lakelady at the BOMB

thank you for youre sincere prayers and continued
caring thoughts,

And chococake at TRS, ty so very much, and still hope someone can carry my words to wyoTess, at TRS, you ALL have been very very kind.

Tess

Quote:

Tess always had iron in her words, no, the many years we had never escaped me for a minute, the averag lifespan for the GS breed at 8 to ten years, Baron was a warrior, his son died before him 'Wolfie'

Every location on our FIRST days walk, Baron KNEW where home was, everytime, by scent, hed stop when we got there,
If Baron didn't like you, you KNEW it, and I always trusted his take on folk, he never let me down.

Bard
08-24-2010, 03:39 PM
sjot and Lakelady at the BOMB

thank you for youre sincere prayers and continued
caring thoughts,

And chococake at TRS, ty so very much, and still hope someone can carry my words to wyoTess, at TRS, you ALL have been very very kind.

And most important, Sir Baron thanks you all
for your tribute of love

Bard
08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
And most important, Sir Baron thanks you all
for your tribute of love

A responce to a PM I recieved,
I figured i might as well include it in the record of Baron,
and for all animal lovers
that are going through the same thing :winky

Well, I had to get out to the doctors and stuff today, at least I didnt cry all day, just trying too stay busy
i got a lot done today, each day helps, as i get kinda used to Baron not being here, I guess its getting a bit better, thanks a lot man for inquiring, I try not to think of it, its the ONLY way I know how to cope with such losses, though honsetly i feel quite empty inside,

Got reciets togeather, to take back a full bag of dog food, Glucosumine, benedryl, buisquits, stuff id just bought for Baron, and need around anymore,
And dont want to look at it, hell, I magine you know exactly how i am friend, your asking tells me that, i miss him a lot at night, all the time actually.
I'm out watering, i give extra water to the areas, where Baron liked to lay in the shade, everything takes me back to him, everywhere I turn.
I got in the truck and there was his, leash, put on another pair of shorts, still had the dog baggies in them etc,, yes, everywhere i turn, there he is.

Thanks for inquiring
very decent of you.

Rod

paleryder
08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Baron had a great life for a dog.

He didn't have any complaints.

I'm out watering, i give extra water to the areas, where Baron liked to lay in the shade, everything takes me back to him, everywhere I turn.
I got in the truck and there was his, leash, put on another pair of shorts, still had the dog baggies in them etc,, yes, everywhere i turn, there he is.

That's a good thing. It's sad when a pet dies and the owner doesn't go thru this. Speaks to their relationship.

The good relationships hurt because they were so damn good. It's a blessing when you stop and think about it.

I'd rather deal with that hurt that comes with knowing a very special relationship has ended. Dogs know when they are loved. They give it back in spades.

Bard
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM

That's a good thing. It's sad when a pet dies and the owner doesn't go thru this. Speaks to their relationship.

The good relationships hurt because they were so damn good. It's a blessing when you stop and think about it.

I'd rather deal with that hurt that comes with knowing a very special relationship has ended. Dogs know when they are loved. They give it back in spades.

Lord as my wittness, I can honestly say amen to the above.
And thats a good feeling.

As always, ty partner.

As far as seeing him everywhere, I need to wipe off his noseprints
from inside the truck cab, it was so small, when sitting straight, hed be nose to glass, when his hind legs got real bad, I built up the passengers side of the cab with toweld books etc, it was firm, so the area was larger For Baron, so he could lay down wn\hen he wanted, plus could turn around, get his head out the window, nobody could ever go anywhere with me, cus the passenger side was modified for Baron, it took a long time to get the design right, it was all the sale level as the seat, I eliminated the foot area, cus when Baron got older, when he tried to turn around, hed slip partially and could not get up.

Funny, sometimes whe we were traveling, Baron out of nowhere would yoss his bigass old left paw, right upon my right hand, DAMN near making the steering wheel turn to the right due to the poswer with which hed throw his paw upon my right arm on the sterring wheel, Baron would find this conduct very comical and would smile and laugh as I recooped, in getting centered back on the road, on long trips hed sleep with his hed upon my lap, not allowing me enough room to turn the wheel, but we managed, the truck was always small for Baron, the seat so short, its why I modified it, all my towels are still out there, I been using the same one towel for two years no ha ha,
Yes Id launder it.

But yes, I can say before God, Sir Baron had no complaints in life. he had [yards with pools, he had acres with two other GS herds, he always had a yard suitable for him, only a few brief exceptions, but that was in his senior years, when he only wanted to porchlay for the most of the time.

It does Console me to know he had no complaints, only one would be leaving early, but I believe the heaven gained and company Baron has now, even surpasses that which I cold give.

Ha, on ocassions, folk got pissed cus I wouldnt take apart Barons modified seat, I never cared. ( I had it just right!) Anyone ever been in one of the small Toyota cabs 89 will know what I mean, mine has NO partial back seat.

Again thanks PR.

Bard
08-24-2010, 06:29 PM
On second thought, I'll probably leave the nose prints.
I may unmodinfy it, due to gear i have with me usually
it was always very cramped, but i never minded.

Bard
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Funny, Just when you think you kinda got a handle on your emotions.
Our walk always passed us by a clinic where often
,the nurses would be going home for the day, often a one in particular always commented on Baron,
How grand he was, so there are three gals, and ones asks, "wheres your Dog"
IMMEDIATLY im weeping as I choke out he's gone now. then went a few more steps thinking i was a bit more composed i turned wanting to regain my dignity by saying He was 16,(in a mote dignified gfashion, but only to be crying more by then, i then nodded as all knew I could not continue, and then continued on the path home
that we had walked always togeather.

Aint love a bitch huh?

Heartbreakers.

Bard
08-24-2010, 09:21 PM
It is very v ery interesting, I have had some communications with a few folk during this season of change, someone showed me something I never knew but did, I imagine it applies to many, perhaps?

My fear and apprehencion concerning people in my lifetime
it suddenly accured to me, that i allowed myself to be closer to
Baron, than any person in my lifetime, I guess I found him faithfull, and loyal,
trustworthy
transending, and beyond any person I ever knew,

I trusted Baron completely, and was able to show him a pure love, a side of mysellf that I was unable my entire of life to show anyone else I ever knew.
Hence, my Loss of Baron is equall, or beyond any other loss of my lifetime.

Maybe this is a secret many share, but would have a difficult time admitting.

At any rate, it was a revelation, I already knew, kinda.

Animals, I now know why Ive always trusted them beyond folk,
maybe in part that is why God created these magnificent furred faithfull companions.

A puppy...
Will steal your heart like a newborn child, an experience Ive never known.

"Live & learn" my Dad used to say,

Amen to that,

And thank God for friends and the good folk who have walked this path I'm on prior, and understand.

Everything is a lesson if we remain open.

mewsicmama
08-24-2010, 10:29 PM
You may remove his special seating and the noseprints on the windows, but you will always have his pawprints on your heart. That is something that nobody can take away from you - memories are all any of us really "own", and they can be extremely special.

I understand about losing it when asked where Baron was. I was at the store today and they had a bag of "Sylly suckers" with a picture of the cartoon cat and the full name Sylvester on the top. Felt really stupid crying in the middle of the 99 cent store.

I was sitting out on the front planter last night, all was dark and quiet. I felt someone/something brush up against my back quite firmly. I was not close to any of my rose bushes (because I am scared witless of grasshoppers) and there was nothing else that could have done it. That is the planter where Sylvester liked to lay when he would successfully sneak out the front door. Think he was just letting me know he's OK. I sure hope Baron can give you a similar sign.....

Big hugs to you - it will get easier as time passes. Soon happy memories will begin to crowd out the sadness, what a wonderful day that will be. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute - you will get through it.

Bard
08-24-2010, 10:57 PM
You may remove his special seating and the noseprints on the windows, but you will always have his pawprints on your heart. That is something that nobody can take away from you - memories are all any of us really "own", and they can be extremely special.

I understand about losing it when asked where Baron was. I was at the store today and they had a bag of "Sylly suckers" with a picture of the cartoon cat and the full name Sylvester on the top. Felt really stupid crying in the middle of the 99 cent store.

I was sitting out on the front planter last night, all was dark and quiet. I felt someone/something brush up against my back quite firmly. I was not close to any of my rose bushes (because I am scared witless of grasshoppers) and there was nothing else that could have done it. That is the planter where Sylvester liked to lay when he would successfully sneak out the front door. Think he was just letting me know he's OK. I sure hope Baron can give you a similar sign.....

Big hugs to you - it will get easier as time passes. Soon happy memories will begin to crowd out the sadness, what a wonderful day that will be. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute - you will get through it.

Thank you.
Im moved' by your careing words,
Hugs back kiddo.

I'll keep praying for your comfort, insofar as "Sylvester"
Yes, second by second, we march on....
It must get easier, it just must.
I feel very undignified, this simply was not something i could not share
because, it impacted my life, in a dramatic way
Thank you sister,

My Dad used to say, keep stiff upperlip.
Funny, today I found out what it meant.

Be brave my friend, thank you for your encouragement
You have always been there when the chips were down
Baron and I will never forget your kindness.

Live & learn

Go well,

Peace

Rodney

Edited to say once more, I'm very sorry about "Sylvester"
We will hold hands & hearts, and maybe we will braid some strength.

Bard
08-24-2010, 11:48 PM
"Friends Forever"

http://bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=10240

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/seis/IMG_2338_700.jpg

Bard
08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Baron

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/shelle39/baronstickwork.jpg

Bard
08-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Baron

Baron always had a lot of toys, most he'd snub
But when we went to the mountains and stuff
Which enjoyed a lot
Baron would generally have no problem finding a tug toy;
He loved tug a war
He'd get the silly thing and carry it the whole day, and then all the way back to the truck, often Id let the silly goose bring it home
Whatever he wanted, he got.

Bard
08-25-2010, 12:02 AM

http://bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=11514&page=1&pp=10&highlight=baron+bard

Bard
08-25-2010, 12:22 AM
I have scripture cards, with verses on them, you either know what I mean or dont, I gew up with them, wed each read one around the table at dinner as I recall.
I would read one to Baron each night, after hed been out for his last duty, hed get bisquits, often hed want to do that twice a nigh in a row, i never let on I knew better, but at any rate, the reading of the scripture would ve an interesting time Baron was intent and smiling, when Id read it, he knew it saluted and signaled the end of the day, a cooler night always animated Baron, he was sorta nocturnal, he watch me read the scripture smile, and knew it was lights out, then hed drink push his nose me, drink more and come and drip water on me, face poush me, he liked head scratched and chin scrathed, it was quite the ritual we went through, id always before laid down scratch his hed eyeball to eyeball then whispr "barons a good boy"
Over and over Baron always smiled at that entire ritualm he knew the verse reading turned into the praise scratch routine, Hed look up real intent.

I still read the versem out loud, and look down where he would be smiling back
Then verse of "Baron your a good Boy"
He kept me up each night for at least an hour or two jmust playing around
i never m inded.

Good night Baron, Barons a good boy.

Calli
08-25-2010, 09:09 AM
That is a lovely tribute and a constant connection to your dearest friend. I hope that it gives you comfort, Bard.

lakelady
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
I love these stories, Bard.

I can relate to the cramped quarters in your truck. Had one around that year myself and, although it was a great truck, there just wasn't much room. Good on you for making it comfortable for Baron - and leaving it that way. I can imagine you two cruising down the road, faces side by side, and what it must have looked like to people coming toward you. :winky

My Daffodil was a GS/St. Bernard cross and developed the hip problem common to large breeds. The day that she could no longer greet me at the door was the day I faced the inevitable. The next day she crossed to the Rainbow Bridge while I held her head. I lost something that day that will never come back.

Hope you are doing okay today. I do understand how difficult it is, but know that you will get through it.

Bard
08-25-2010, 02:45 PM

I can relate to the cramped quarters in your truck. Had one around that year myself and, although it was a great truck, there just wasn't much room. Good on you for making it comfortable for Baron - and leaving it that way. I can imagine you two cruising down the road, faces side by side, and what it must have looked like to people coming toward you. :winky

My Daffodil was a GS/St. Bernard cross and developed the hip problem common to large breeds. The day that she could no longer greet me at the door was the day I faced the inevitable. The next day she crossed to the Rainbow Bridge while I held her head. I lost something that day that will never come back.

Hope you are doing okay today. I do understand how difficult it is, but know that you will get through it.

Yes Lakelady, Baron was collosal, and as you stated got LOTS of stares as wed put around, lol, Im sorry about Daffodil, i understand losing something that NEVER can be replaced. Im ok today, a bit better, I thank you for your encourgement, and faith you have in me getting through the day, its good knowing, others know, and have been there.

Bard
08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by lakelady

I can relate to the cramped quarters in your truck. Had one around that year myself and, although it was a great truck, there just wasn't much room. Good on you for making it comfortable for Baron - and leaving it that way. I can imagine you two cruising down the road, faces side by side, and what it must have looked like to people coming toward you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/Chrsitmasshoppingc.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/christmasshoppinga.jpg

lakelady
08-25-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll bet no one challenged you at traffic lights!

Were you able to take him with when the the top was up?

Bard
08-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I'll bet no one challenged you at traffic lights!

Were you able to take him with when the the top was up?

Actually that was just a pic opportunity, i was going somewhere and Baron jumped in and wanted to go, so we shot a pic, he was WAY to big for that car, but it gives you an idea of how he looked in my Toyota, Baron swollowed it up,
And no, none ever got near the truck with baron in it, hed go nuts when on duty, he wsas VERY protective when on car duty.

lakelady
08-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Ok, that makes sense. I was wondering how you managed to shift and steer.

Bard
08-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Impossable in the MG, and OFTEN very Difficult in the truck when Baron would sprawl out (chuckle)

Bard
08-25-2010, 03:17 PM

The pics in the MG just give you an idea how long and big Baron was.
He filled up the cab of the Toyota too...

mewsicmama
08-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Really enjoying your pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Bard
08-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Really enjoying your pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Today is a tough one.

Just for you

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/cuatro/102805_7429baron.jpg

Bard
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Night Baron,
Your a Good Boy
Barons a good boy

I miss you..

mewsicmama
08-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Keep your heart open Brad. Baron may send someone your way that needs to be loved and has nobody.....has happened to me several times already. I'm checking in here each day.

Hope today is a little brighter for you. Time helps me a lot, so does staying busy. Off the computer now - time to get busy again.

Oldest son having knee surgery next Friday, we are moving furniture around and getting ready to have him spend a few days with us as he recuperates. I will actually have a guest room again.

Big hugs,

Shari

Bard
08-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Keep your heart open Brad. Baron may send someone your way that needs to be loved and has nobody.....has happened to me several times already. I'm checking in here each day.

Hope today is a little brighter for you. Time helps me a lot, so does staying busy. Off the computer now - time to get busy again.

Oldest son having knee surgery next Friday, we are moving furniture around and getting ready to have him spend a few days with us as he recuperates. I will actually have a guest room again.

Big hugs,

Shari

Hugs back at ya Shari
Glad you got your son coming,
That will be good for you
family is a blessing.

Thank you for checking on me
I guess I'm a bit better than yesterday
Praying you are too.

Thank you for caring...
Baron was all I had left.

Aside from the Lord.
All I could pray last night was
that Baron was OK with the Lord.
I believe he is.
It's my only consolation.

Rod

ssnafu
08-29-2010, 09:56 AM
I can affirm that, till Bard himself gets here.
BTW been a while since I've seen that ID anywhere.
Glad to see you're still amoung the posting.

(edited to add I did mean posting, not just amoung the living)

ssnafu
08-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the link, I may just drop in to say hello every now and then
if you don't mind.

Bard
08-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello Bard has Baron passed away?

Yes Bruv, thanks for asking, its a sad time.
Baron was my best friend.
I'm going to splice this thread into the Baron thread
I'm keeping in the poetry pavillion, hoping you understand.

Good to see you old friend.

TY ssnafu.

Bleep
08-30-2010, 11:58 AM
My belated condolences to you Bard, the folks at Bruv's let me know of Baron's passing. I hope it is easing your heart a little now.

nearly 16 is an advanced age for such a big guy. As you know, we said goodbye to our beloved Tarkus (who was the same birth year as Baron) at age 13 and it took us a year to heal enough to welcome 2 puppies into our lives again. Those dogs are now 2 years old and while they are not a replacement for our heart dog, their antics are enough to make us laugh and keep feeding them.
I am hoping something comes along to help ease your loss too.

mewsicmama
08-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Just checking in and hoping that the days are getting easier for you.

Bard
09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Just checking in and hoping that the days are getting easier for you.

a tad,

and you?

I work hard not to center on it
yet its had, everywhere I walk, we walked
etc, Im so used to having him right at my side
NO matter where I went
Baron follow, Baron would follow me to the bathroom
and I live in a tiny tiny studio, he always wanted to be near me.
Such friendship comes once in a lifetime, as do the tears it caused.
Thanks for checking on me kiddo,
I hope your vist with tou son went well,
and hope your grieving heart has been consoled a bit
I centered my life around him (by choice)
There is a defined empty space now, you can hear it roar

Rodney

mewsicmama
09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Son did very well in surgery - either that or I need to go count his pain pills..... at any rate he is here with us, playing on his X-box and watching movies (he will be 31 this year - lol).

I had a real good wake up call last night. A very dear friend lost her 28 year old son, the medical examiner is trying to figure out what happened. He had recently had a heart medication change and it appears he went to sleep and just didn't wake up. Trying to help her raise the funding to get him back to her and cremated.

We all just need to make sure everyone who means something to us knows how we feel - you just never know when it will be too late to tell them.

A tiny studio is plenty big enough when filled with love.

Bard
09-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Son did very well in surgery - either that or I need to go count his pain pills..... at any rate he is here with us, playing on his X-box and watching movies (he will be 31 this year - lol).

I had a real good wake up call last night. A very dear friend lost her 28 year old son, the medical examiner is trying to figure out what happened. He had recently had a heart medication change and it appears he went to sleep and just didn't wake up. Trying to help her raise the funding to get him back to her and cremated.

We all just need to make sure everyone who means something to us knows how we feel - you just never know when it will be too late to tell them.

A tiny studio is plenty big enough when filled with love.

Mews

I'm glad to hear you son is well, a loving mom helps the mend.
x-box aids I imagine.

Your friend who lost her son is fortunate to have a caring friend as you
unnatural for a Mother to outlive her offspring, I have witnessed the scar it leaves, upon the heart.

When you love as you do, in your time of need you shall have others to aid you, iffing you ever fall prey to a sad season such as she,
Id like to believe the good excape such tragedies, but have seen tragedy loosed equally in my lifetime.

Ty for your kindness Mews. I shall never forget it, each day is a bit better.
I guess.

Lord bless you my friend, and thank you

Rodney

The thing about the studio, true, but selfish as it sounds
I never wanna go through this again in my lifetime.
A friend suggested it again today, my retort was brief but stern, sad & stoic.

be well.

lakelady
09-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm so glad that I finally thought to check other forums for this thread, and I apologize for not doing that sooner.

Bard, please don't think that I stopped caring because nothing could be further from the truth. I think of you and Baron everyday and wish you both peace.

It takes a long time and I know you are still hurting - a lot.

Please know that you are not alone.

Bard
09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm so glad that I finally thought to check other forums for this thread, and I apologize for not doing that sooner.

Bard, please don't think that I stopped caring because nothing could be further from the truth. I think of you and Baron everyday and wish you both peace.

It takes a long time and I know you are still hurting - a lot.

Please know that you are not alone.

No, no apology necessary at all, i just moved it cus I didnt want to make it a spectacle, Baron was very dignified, and yes, as Hep stated recently, time does help, yet, I have a huge hole in my heart that I wonder if it EVER will ever end, I been busy on the board, ITS ALL that keeps my mind off my best friend ever Aside from the Lord, Its only by his grace I can push through another day, truth be known......O loved him so.......

Thank you for caring LL and Hep as well, & all who cared in word or thought.

Bard
09-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I Love You Baron,
Lord knows how Much,
Don't worry bout me
I'll be along in time baby,

I took it off the front page cus I felt it made some feel ackward as well as me
I'm all but undone over his passing, and I just dont wanna bring others down over it. It's just one of the sadest events in my life.
He was so faithfull, Baron loved me as much as I loved Baron.

Thank you lakelady and Dear mewsicmama
You both have meant a lot to me & Baron

lakelady
09-06-2010, 06:52 AM
I took it off the front oage cus I felt it made some feel ackward as well as me
im all but undone over his passing, and i just dont wanna bring others down over it. Its just one of the sadeest events in my life.
He was so faithfull, Baron loved me as much as I loved Baron.

I have no words to ease your pain. Wish I did.

You and Baron shared a deep connection and his loss is beyond devastating. All of the well meaning and and sincerely offered cliches about the good years you shared together, he's in a good place, etc., etc., do not mean much at the end of the day when you are without him. He's gone. And the hole in your life he left is all you can see and feel.

And yes, you have memories that will make you smile someday but now they just bring more tears.

Meanwhile, grieve however you need to. Front page, back page, wherever you are most comfortable. People have the option to read or not - the thread title is not misleading. I can only speak for myself, but your posts do not bring me down. I want to know how you are doing, good or not so good, and I'm sad for you no matter what or where you post.

:flowers

mewsicmama
09-08-2010, 04:57 PM

You and Baron shared a deep connection and his loss is beyond devastating. All of the well meaning and and sincerely offered cliches about the good years you shared together, he's in a good place, etc., etc., do not mean much at the end of the day when you are without him. He's gone. And the hole in your life he left is all you can see and feel.

And yes, you have memories that will make you smile someday but now they just bring more tears.

Meanwhile, grieve however you need to. Front page, back page, wherever you are most comfortable. People have the option to read or not - the thread title is not misleading. I can only speak for myself, but your posts do not bring me down. I want to know how you are doing, good or not so good, and I'm sad for you no matter what or where you post.

:flowers

I totally agree. Thinking about you again today.....

Bard
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Thinking of you Baron

Somebody had the words I feel daily Baron

LakeLady

Except,I Don't think I'll ever have a memory of Baron that will end in a smile verses a tear, tears, whenever, Baron touches me in memory, no matter how fond, the moment or memory, all it does is hurt, (cus Barons gone)and were apart, I dont think that will ever change untill were togeather again, I well up with tears hoping against hope, Baron took my love with him, and hope he doesn't feel I abandoned him, shoot there go the tears again, I love you Baron, thank you all for your support, whenever we were apart,all we ever thought about, was getting back to each other quick, it consumed me then as it does now as well. I always was in a hurry at the DR, at the grocery store, frantic, to get back home, cus Baron was always waiting...

Lord please comfort my best Friend and constant companion, untill we meet again, it is Baron I'm concerned about, not me.

Thank you...

Your servant always

Rodney

Bard
09-12-2010, 09:21 PM

I guess the 'real' touching thing, was Barons,
love and selfless devotion to me, that was 'truly' second to none.
Baron truly adored me,
as much as I adored and treasured him.
Baron perhaps, was the love of my life....
Certainly NO loss, has injured me as much to date.
But these words mean much Snuffy.
There is that touch of gentle and true consolation,
and comradery among those,
who have loved and shared as I in,
these gifts and creations of God, both great
majestic and small.

As all the words have meant much, that came
from true lovers of creatures both tender,
kind and good, the creatures, and the caretakers as well.
Perhaps one day, we will know, which was which.

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-12-2010, 10:30 PM
To be graced by a soul so loving, so protecting, and so mighty is an honor give'n to very few men or women in a life time. It is a grace given only by the hand of God with a sureity and purpose only you, Baron, and your Creator have the knowledge of. Sure a lot of people have dogs, love there dogs, and there dogs love them, but... this was no ordinary union, this marriage was one of absolute truth, absolute devotion, and the merit of its necessity was ordained by your God. If I knew nothing else about you, except for what you have shared with us about your relationship with Baron, I would know your heart pours for the meek and compramized... That your soul seeks and demands redemption for yourself and those downtrodden... That you carry a torch that burns white fire, a light that is as illuminateing as its warmth. I would know that what you yeild is rightous and divine...For you were sent the purest of protectors. Seeing Baron only solidifies these thoughts. You can see his Majisty. His purpose is profound and he knows it as well as he knows the sun. He was put on this earth, next to you, to be everything a sacred guardian of his stature is... and he has...and will continue to.

Do not remove from him in his passing one of his formost and admirable qualties... One humans of all faiths seek and work towards entire life times and do not achieve... You don't ask for the forgiveness of a being such as Baron Sir... You were absolved before you ever left the house. It's Baron, he is not of condition and you know this deeply. Continue to allow him to love you as he alwayz has... after all... He knows EVERYTHING.

Of the pain...
It is with tearful eyes I say what you already know... The pain will never leave you. With the passing of time, the only thing that changes is the duration of the pain. It is not without consequence one receives the High Honor that you have received. It will sting as it did that very day, as it does today, and as it will the rest of your days. But what a Glorious pain it is... for to know such grief.. is to have known such love... and what a love you have lived Sir Bard... what a love.

Embrace your grief and pour out to him as he is right next to you... The very thought of him will bring him to your side... he will not be moved from you until your grief subsides... until the time between the pain becomes greater...and he has time to return from where he came... just think... you never have to whistle... just think.. remember... and he is with you. You don't have to call to him... he will be there at the notion.

I am joyed you have lived and know the mighty love that is Baron... it is right that you do...

I am saddend to know the pain you carry now...and you will carry that day forth... I know it well. The tears you shed will not cloud your vision, they will clarify to yourself and to your God, the depths of the love you have give'n to the Mighty Baron... In return.

God Bless you Both... again :)

Bard
09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/christmasshoppinga.jpg

To be graced by a soul so loving, so protecting, and so mighty is an honor give'n to very few men or women in a life time. It is a grace given only by the hand of God with a sureity and purpose only you, Baron, and your Creator have the knowledge of. Sure a lot of people have dogs, love there dogs, and there dogs love them, but... this was no ordinary union, this marriage was one of absolute truth, absolute devotion, and the merit of its necessity was ordained by your God. If I knew nothing else about you, except for what you have shared with us about your relationship with Baron, I would know your heart pours for the meek and compramized... That your soul seeks and demands redemption for yourself and those downtrodden... That you carry a torch that burns white fire, a light that is as illuminateing as its warmth. I would know that what you yeild is rightous and divine...For you were sent the purest of protectors. Seeing Baron only solidifies these thoughts. You can see his Majisty. His purpose is profound and he knows it as well as he knows the sun. He was put on this earth, next to you, to be everything a sacred guardian of his stature is... and he has...and will continue to.

Do not remove from him in his passing one of his formost and admirable qualties... One humans of all faiths seek and work towards entire life times and do not achieve... You don't ask for the forgiveness of a being such as Baron Sir... You were absolved before you ever left the house. It's Baron, he is not of condition and you know this deeply. Continue to allow him to love you as he alwayz has... after all... He knows EVERYTHING.

Of the pain...
It is with tearful eyes I say what you already know... The pain will never leave you. With the passing of time, the only thing that changes is the duration of the pain. It is not without consequence one receives the High Honor that you have received. It will sting as it did that very day, as it does today, and as it will the rest of your days. But what a Glorious pain it is... for to know such grief.. is to have known such love... and what a love you have lived Sir Bard... what a love.

Embrace your grief and pour out to him as he is right next to you... The very thought of him will bring him to your side... he will not be moved from you until your grief subsides... until the time between the pain becomes greater...and he has time to return from where he came... just think... you never have to whistle... just think.. remember... and he is with you. You don't have to call to him... he will be there at the notion.

I am joyed you have lived and know the mighty love that is Baron... it is right that you do...

I am saddend to know the pain you carry now...and you will carry that day forth... I know it well. The tears you shed will not cloud your vision, they will clarify to yourself and to your God, the depths of the love you have give'n to the Mighty Baron... In return.

God Bless you Both... again :)

Coo
Dear Sir.....
Thank You my dear friend From both of us
its the most beautiful tribute to Baron I could have ever hoped for, and 'needed' so badly.
It was befitting his station, stature, heart as well as his/our creator,
From my torn heart in tears, I shall always be touched by these words of tender beauty that will bind Baron & I forevermore....
Rodney

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/seis/IMG_2338_700.jpg

Bard
09-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Friends Forever

http://www.bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=10240

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/baronbeautiful.jpg

Sweet Sun On My Face

by Rodney Evan Bohen
Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I stood face in the sun
My old dog & I
I stood as if frozen
my, oh my my

Sun on my face
Remembering firstime
Childhood best friend
Adulthood as well

Sweet sun on my face

Rodney E Bohen
10-18-2007

Bard
09-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Here I am Baron
&
Here I shall Always remain
Looking at you
as your looking at me..

http://photos.imageevent.com/joseywales/accuweathermaps/large/birthdayboy031905copy.jpg

Calli
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Love eternal.

A beautiful sentiment to see.

BitemeIamtoxic
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
This seemed the appropriate place to mention we just got a new male Chihuahua. Eight weeks old, and either Yoquiero or Killer. Calm and Toffee colored, he's trying to convince our older male Cocki-mo, Mucky, that he has teats. Yes, I'll play carefully with this one. They sure are fragile. Now we have three dogs, including the older Chihuahua, Mouse.

Bard
09-13-2010, 07:59 PM
This seemed the appropriate place to mention we just got a new male Chihuahua. Eight weeks old, and either Yoquiero or Killer. Calm and Toffee colored, he's trying to convince our older male Cocki-mo, Mucky, that he has teats. Yes, I'll play carefully with this one. They sure are fragile. Now we have three dogs, including the older Chihuahua, Mouse.

Enjoy BM

My first dog as a boy, was named by my Mom, 'Taffy'
Cus of her color, she was, a Chihuahua & terrier mix
like a bigger type of chihuahua, as a boy Id put her harness on her, open my jacket in the Santa ana winds as a sail, and on my scooter, Taffy would pull me as a team of horses, the wind did most the work, but taffy was a sturdy girl, she loved the game, she could jump pretty high to, the park was at the end of the street, 3 foot plus high brick wall, she could clear it after just launching of it slightly , then came the time id have to give=er her some help
anyway, your new addition reminded me of her, enjoy

And thanks for the post, Baron would approve

Bard
09-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Love eternal.

A beautiful sentiment to see.

Thank You

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/seis/IMG_2337_700.jpg

Bard
09-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Thank You

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/seis/IMG_2337_700.jpg

A brief email from a friend (and doglover) in Monterey, she was kind enough to watch and walk Baron when I went to renew my drivers liscence, I didn't want Baron alone that long, i met them bout a hundred yards away, Baron walking slow head down, not knowing what was up, when he lifted his head to see me almost running to him, he lit up like a Christmas tree, I'll never foreget that moment, nor did Ann,

This a follow up email, we spoke on the phone last night,
my, it made me sad remembering that moment,
I'm glad I know Baron is in
the Lords keep & care
it is my only consolation,
Ann would not mind me sharing it.

hey rod...just to let you know you're in my thoughts. i'm so sorry about baron...i feel fortunate to have spent that afternoon with him(that look on his face when he saw you!) just know that he lived as long as he did because he had lots of love and care...not to mention a legacy of memories...your writing is your solace my dear friend! ann and p-nut

Sweet Sun On My Face
by Rodney Evan Bohen

I stood face in the sun
My old dog & I
I stood as if frozen
my, oh my my

Sun on my face
Remembering firstime
Childhood best friend
Adulthood as well

Sweet sun on my face

Rodney E Bohen
10-18-2007

mewsicmama
09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Continuing to keep you both close in my heart.

Bard
09-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Continuing to keep you both close in my heart.

As do we you, dear friend
Thank You

by Rodney Evan Bohen

Sweet Sun On My Face

I stood face in the sun
My old dog & I
I stood as if frozen
my, oh my my

Sun on my face
Remembering firstime
Childhood best friend
Adulthood as well

Sweet sun on my face

Rodney E Bohen
10-18-2007

Bard
09-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Barons son Wolfie, he past before Baron, he was a magnificent dog, He was the pick of the litter, my exchange for stud fee, Baron by the way had an extremely impressive pedigree, That mattered little, true breeders only breed to enhance the breed in all respects, 'Wolfie' met that obligation, and beyond our expectation,
MUCH bigger than Baron, anyway, I figured he deserved to be here with his dad. between the two, security was never a concern they were togeather in new Mexico with my dear friend Betty & I for about two Years ish running 5 acres

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/wolfie1.jpg

My Beloved Baron

Bard
09-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I love You Too Baron

Noguru
09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Great photos Bard. He was one helluva fine dog alright.

Bard
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Great photos Bard. He was one helluva fine dog alright.

NG

Thank You very much ,
I dont know of a time you been more right
I cannot take credit for the photos
But God put his best work and beauty into Baron
and a shiny heart to boot
You Know how much I still miss him
Your a dog lover to the bone
Ill never forget you for having my back during this time
I thought a lot about it, it may sound odd
But my Baron has been the deepest and hardest loss of my life
And I say in true honesty,
I have known more than my share of loss, as others have as well
Thanks again NG for notiicing what a grand dog Baron was/is
and for seeing deeply, how much I loved him
Good on you my friend, its taken a lotta special souls in Gods universe
to nurse me through this one, you were one of the most outstanding
in the connection I felt, Helck yes he was a fine dog
You got a good eye for dogs, and folk too I'm guessing
Baron got compliments right up to our last walk

Peace

Rod

Bard
09-21-2010, 10:57 PM
I love You Too Baron

Still..... Miss You

Bard
09-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Baron,
I don't get by to see you as often now
because it hurts too much, but theres not a minute in my day that passes without me still missing you, as I have never missed anyone in my life more
I hold you close as space separates us for now, but in my mind and heart you are still and will always be my cherished friend held close, I know that embareses you,
but I needed to tell you, whenever I go to sleep. when I read the scripture verse, remember, youd be so attentive, but thats when I miss you the most
It makes me cry still when I talk to you, may Jesus watch over you special till were togeather again, goodnight Baron, 'your a good boy', I keep your leash in the truck so you can ride with me whenever i go out, thats just to the dr and grocery store, you know the routine, Good night Baron
We got lightning and thunder tonight,you always enjoyed that as I,
I love you buddy good night stay warm

Bard
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Thinking of You Baron

Friends Forever..

Your a Good Boy

Noguru
10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Some company for The Great Baron:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/noguru_2006/animals/lookout.gif

Duke RIP

Bard
10-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Some company for The Great Baron:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/noguru_2006/animals/lookout.gif

Duke RIP

Baron, I'm crying as usual,
Hence I'm beholden to NG, for bringin 'Sir Duke'
To keep you company, Thank you NG & 'Sir Duke'
You guys be good and have fun OK?
I love you Baron, your a good boy.
Thanks for coming Duke, you are grand.

Wrenchbender
10-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Bubba was a noble thing. This shot was taken on his way to the vet for the final time. Bubba couldn't get up anymore. On the way to the vet we stopped by the park for one final afternoon in the sun. Bubba got an icecream cone and he got some pats from kids in the park. Bubba basked in the sun. Then it was over.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/wrenchbender/BubbasLastRideToThePark.jpg

Bard
10-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Bubba was a noble thing. This shot was taken on his way to the vet for the final time. Bubba couldn't get up anymore. On the way to the vet we stopped by the park for one final afternoon in the sun. Bubba got an icecream cone and he got some pats from kids in the park. Bubba basked in the sun. Then it was over.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/wrenchbender/BubbasLastRideToThePark.jpg

Welcome Bubba, Thank You Wrench
For bringing your noble companion
to keep Duke and Baron company
I feel a reverance i'll not try to express
But thank you, for honoring us
with Bubbas company,
he was beautifull, outside & in.
as expressed prior, I understand,
and am sorry Bubba had to leave.

Rodney

Noguru
10-19-2010, 06:25 AM
A beautiful dog Wrench, sorry for your loss.

Bard
10-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Dear Baron,
I had a very horrid visitation two nights ago
You know what i mean, and as i awoke to the reality of it
and was barely able to find the name above ALL names
to rebuke it/him, i saw you in between, me and the spirit
and you were growling fiercely keeping him at bay,
whilst I found the name & the faith to speak ie address it
I never would have believed such a tale,
but it happened just that way
and you were laying between me and it across our short room
where you always laid, right next to me
and 'i saw you' and was ever so comforted
knowing with whom you now abide
thank you my firece companion, protector and friend
and thank you Lord, im crying again Baron so I gotta go
i love you Baron, "your a good boy"

Calli
12-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Those eyes speak volumes, adoration, unconditional love, a heart that will be strong beyond the constraints of this earthly life. Heaven is his place of watchfulness and rest. You are never alone as long as you can think his name and remember his faithfulness.

Hugs for you and Baron and blessings at this time of year.

Bard
12-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Merry Christmas Baron,
I think of you ALL the time
I don't come hear to visit you much
Cus I always cry
But each night when I pray
I ask The Lord to Hold you Near
I'm Crying again, no matter how hard I try
I always cry, I will see you again I promise
Your a Good Boy Baron, I always carry you close
as close as a body can carry one in their heart'
Life will never be the same without you
I love you Baron.... your a good Boy!

Bard
12-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Those eyes speak volumes, adoration, unconditional love, a heart that will be strong beyond the constraints of this earthly life. Heaven is his place of watchfulness and rest. You are never alone as long as you can think his name and remember his faithfulness.

Hugs for you and Baron and blessings at this time of year.

Thank You from both of us.

clemiedog
01-20-2012, 08:34 AM
I was away when this news hit, but I know the emptiness and pain such a selfless decision causes. The only consolation is the knowledge that you gave him a wonderful life, and he returned that favor with uncompromised love, devotion, and companionship.

Alas, we all know, right from those springs of puppyhood, that the one awful day is inevitable. And yet, we'd do it all over again, for every minute we spent together was worth a dozen lifetimes.

:bigtears

paleryder
03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY&feature=player_embedded]God and Dog

Noguru
03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
:thumbsup :thumbsup

kat
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
What a beautiful picture of Baron. I can't imagine the loss.

Our Maggie is getting on up there....her lifespan is 10-12 years....she just turned 12 yesterday. We just found out that she has thyroid problems. She takes about 6 pills a day. She hangs on and knows how much she's loved. The day we lose her, well.....can't talk about it.

Our animals are our kids.

Did you get another pet?

Bard
06-04-2012, 07:45 PM
can't talk about it.
I understand completely

Our animals are our kids.
yes, Baron was 16

Did you get another pet?
a cat adopted me, and she is great help, and I lover her dearly
I wil never get another dog.

tear drops.