PDA

View Full Version : Republican House Leader Tom DeLay Indicted

Bard
09-28-2005, 09:46 AM
DeLay Indicted in Campaign Finance Probe

Sep 28, 12:40 PM (ET)

(AP) House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, looks on during a news conference regarding Hurricane...
Full Image

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050928/D8CTCF5G8.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, an indictment that could force him to step down as House majority leader.

DeLay attorney Steve Brittain said DeLay was accused of a criminal conspiracy along with two associates, John Colyandro, former executive director of a Texas political action committee formed by DeLay, and Jim Ellis, who heads DeLay's national political committee.

The indictment against the second-ranking, and most assertive Republican leader came on the final day of the grand jury's term. It followed earlier indictments of a state political action committee founded by DeLay and three of his political associates.

The grand jury action is expected to have immediate consequences in the House, where DeLay is largely responsible for winning passage of the Republican legislative program. House Republican Party rules require leaders who are indicted to temporarily step aside from their leadership posts.

randy
09-28-2005, 10:02 AM
YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is about damn time that little sawed off, two bit, tin horned, demigod got it up the rear for all the crap he has pulled with his hypocritical, backstabbing, two faced, lieing, bigoted BS!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

jdansam
09-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I heard the Arabian Horse Association is looking for a new commissioner

Bard
09-28-2005, 07:07 PM
DeLay steps down.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050929/D8CTJOB00.html

randy
09-28-2005, 07:32 PM
DeLay steps down.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050929/D8CTJOB00.html

You know Bard I am a very PROUD Texan. We have MANY things in Texas that merit such pride, unfortunately our state politics often do not fall in that category. We do have some excellent public servants, don't get me wrong here, but we do also seem to have more than our fair share of crooks and they come from both main political parties.

Hell, we are some of the most patriotic citizens the US has. We freaking VOTE after we are dead and buried (See 1964 Presidential election Johnson v. Goldwater ((Texas news,)) we also have some of the most ambitious public works projects in the country, we think so highly of our "consultants" and their superior abilities we give them MILLIONS of dollars in bonuses on a regular basis out of the public coffers.

I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore your readers. Suffice to say, I hope the SOB is convicted and at least does as much time as Rostenkowski did from Illinois.

Lyn Is Snide
09-28-2005, 07:39 PM
A defiant DeLay said he had done nothing wrong and denounced the Democratic prosecutor who pursued the case as a "partisan fanatic." He said, "This is one of the weakest, most baseless indictments in American history. It's a sham."
:rofl

Sorry dude. The weakest, most blatant attempted indictment was that which the right's partisan fanaticsm tried to lay on Bill Clinton.

The hypocrisy here is just unbelievable.

Peregrina
09-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Randy is right, we are justifiably proud to be Texans, and I can say that there are fewer things crookeder than a Texas politician