Along the way

R.E.B.

salsa
08-07-2006, 07:21 PM
very cool both as a standalone poem
or as song lyrics

Bard
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
As I reread this old piece Salsa, I could not believe I wrote it, and do not like it much.

It is unlike most my stuff.

I wrote it in order to vent, after the tsunami, that so few seemed to notice.

Thanks for the comment.

I look forward to seeing some of your stuff soon...

Bard
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I am very uncomfortable talking about my poetry, Im quite insecure, some is quite good, written in a rich season...

Some is horrid

I must be in the proper place...

The season when the muse appears

Any attempt short of that, is usually horrid

This piece however, was more of an analysis of the times, a regurgatation I personally required, not even designed to be pretty, just scratched out in order to rid my soul of the stench of sadness and death.

As well as the reality that so few noticed.

salsa
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Still think they would make great song lyrics

Bard
08-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Thank you sir.

whiteclouder
08-15-2006, 08:05 AM
I dropped by this morning to see something fresh--and I did. It's always a treat to see what others are doing with their muse. All poetry and music (and sometime paintings or sculpture) exists because of inspiration and if, in the artists eyes, it falls short, it is because of our inability at the time to find the right words or notes--the spirit still lives in the piece. I read what you've written and then ventured into Steve's garage to be taken away for a couple of hours--flutes and accoustic guitars, synthesizers and percussion.

I am whole again. Thanks.

Cloud..

Bard
08-16-2006, 01:15 PM
All poetry and music (and sometime paintings or sculpture) exists because of inspiration and if, in the artists eyes, it falls short, it is because of our inability at the time to find the right words or notes--the spirit still lives in the piece.

Thanks Cloud, for the exhortation and encouraging words to all, involved in the arts.

salsa
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah thanks cloud and thanks for the listen...I think many artists have trouble judging their own work from time to time being so close to the piece...for many spending so much time on/with a piece can cloud your judgement on occasion.

Almost all talented artist sometimes put out stuff they think is great that isnt.

And visa versa -
Sometimes they have to pushed to release something they dont think is up to standard and it ends up being recognised by history and others as one of their best.