PDA

View Full Version : Vanity

IndianPrincessSIP
09-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Are you concerned with aging? Worried about hair, wrinkles, sagging, all of the things that accompany 'maturity'?

Are you vain?

randy
09-29-2005, 09:42 PM
i want SOOO bad to say NO, but I have bought "Just for Men" for my hair, at least what is left of it and my beard. I have bought lotions to reduce wrinkles. I have started to AGAIN be concerned with my weight. I have considered lieing about my age. OMG, I am VAIN.

Well great, another freaking character flaw and as if I don't have enough already. :tantrum

IndianPrincessSIP
09-29-2005, 09:46 PM
:laugh

Bard
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
:lolup

Jannilu
09-30-2005, 03:13 AM
In some ways, I am insecure about the changes to my looks. I miss being young and pretty, but in other ways I feel free. I am content that I look age-appropriate-attractive, and enjoy the liberty of presenting me, without being wrapped up in what they see.

BunnyBun
09-30-2005, 05:01 AM
I am not concerned with stuff like wrinkles or graying hair (although I only have minor strands of gray here and there--maybe I'll change my mind when it really starts to go). I am and always have been concerned with my weight, though. I try to stay in shape.

Poodles
09-30-2005, 01:37 PM
I ejoy getting older-Tend to be happy with looks-Iam way better looking now than when I was "teenager"=EKK to poodles-When in my 20"s I spent so much money on French skin-care-

Now just go for L"Oreal -olive oil 4 face and hair-
Almond oil face-Wheat germ oil 4 around eyes-
ALL clothes second hand-can get better "Labels" dat way
I do dye my hair cos Ive always loved it brights.

If I could have some thing done and jsut the one some-thing-I would get my eyes done, as in family they tend to drop over eyes when ya hit 50.

:rahrah

TwiggyAZ
09-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I was worrying about not being frisked at the gate. Here where I work on a military base, you are occationally stopped and searched. I was getting worried about not being stopped, that I had lost my....whatever. THEN, I started riding the Harley. I've been stopped twice and it's not a fun thing to say, but now I know. They only like me for my motorcycle :( :tantrum

I'm so vain, I probably think this thread is about me :D

(ok, fine, seriously, no, I got over the growing older vain thing at approx 40...no 28, which was just a couple years ago!)

Holy crap, I can't be serious about this...I think that means I am vain :thankyou

thesunnyone
09-30-2005, 06:58 PM
This question dogs me every morning when I look in the mirror. Even an unsolicited view of my visage in a store window leaves me quaking. I was always considered VERY pretty. Everything seemed to come apart at once. Trying to prevent the inevitable is like trying to prop your house up during a mudslide. You might as well just let it go.

I still use wrinkle creams, 4 kinds. I rotate them. Something just might work. My hair is not gray yet but I don't look good in my natural auburn any more so I lighten it. I use fade cream on the age spots that march up and down my arms and the backs of my hands. I will never wear anything sleeveless again, and shorts are out of the question.

As I age I adjust to the memory lapses, the goofy things I do. But I will never get used to seeing my moms face in the mirror. I will say though, that if something happens to my beloved, I will take the rest of the retirement money and get a face lift.

Bard
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, it would appear most ALL, are concerned with the tracks, ageing rakes across ones face. :rofl