PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of reality TV?

Bleep
09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Between the programmed network pap called news, the talk shows, the competition shows, the makeover shows and the horrible behavior shows ( no wait, thats all of them) is there anything worth watching except re-runs and movies anymore?
I am sick to death of them.
I come here for the interesting news.

Tarl Of Gor
09-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Reality TV sucks. I'd rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.

Jannilu
09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/rikjan/23_3_641.gif

lol1uk
09-19-2005, 04:38 PM
oh I LOVE reality tv. My all time favourite is *I`m a celebrity,get me out of here*

thesunnyone
09-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Today I ran into a reality show that featured OMAROSA!!!! I watched in sick fascination until I got a grip of myself and switched the channel.

Jannilu
09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Today I ran into a reality show that featured OMAROSA!!!!

I'm so out of touch with reality (and reality shows) that I don't know who OMAROSA is. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/rikjan/23_28_1131.gif

UKBB
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
what do you think of reality TV?

Not very much.

UKBB

Blackeyedpeas
09-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't much care for any of them. But one has me rather fascinated. Okay, if you tell the world I will deny it. I will, yes I certainly will deny it.
I actually LIKE "Dog, the Bounty Hunter".
Have I gone round the bend?? :confused:
Peazer

Lyn Is Snide
09-19-2005, 06:33 PM
I have no idea. I've never actually spent time watching any of them. Commercial television seems to have no redeeming qualities at all anymore.

:( ,
Lyn

LoveWAgirl
09-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Well I suppose I must fess up to being addicted to The Amazing Race :)

Peregrina
09-20-2005, 12:34 AM
the last 'reality show' I watched was the Athens Olympics. :) in fact ,shortly after that I stopped watching TV all together. it just isn't worth it.

Poodles
09-20-2005, 05:40 PM
I have no idea. I've never actually spent time watching any of them. Commercial television seems to have no redeeming qualities at all anymore.

Lyn said this-I gotta say the same goes for me-we get over-load of USA R-Shows-now NZ is making its own-Uggh-Over-Drive.Wish they would put the money into Dramas-comdey-docos etc..When they start using the mentally ill as TV fodder-well-what is the world coming too.Ive only seen very small R.TV.I have my own life-I dont feel the need to wacth others-in this manner-i

I really dislike how they are using children in these shows now= ugly to me-

Bring on good TV and I will watch but for now I dont.!!

Bleep
09-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Poodles, I agree.
I wonder if this reflects that most people are watching less TV in favour of internet and games. I mean the producers think they have to film more sensational and also less expensively to attract veiwers to sell soap to. So we have these horrid shows which are produced very cheaply, since one doesn't have to pay actors, and technicians who edit and compile the show are paid very little for very long hours. And no matter how well edited, they are well...CHEAP.

I watched about 20 minutes of "DOG- bounty hunter" and about 10 minutes of "Growing up Gotti". I thought they were brother and sister. But neither held my interest. I mean dysfunction we got plenty- look around. But talented entertainment- now that seems rare. "fear factor" is nauseating, "PUNK'd" is rude, "Surreal Life" is aptly named and both rude and hypersexualized. But I do rant on. :hmph

I watched parts of the first "Survivor" series and parts ofthe first "Apprentice" series. I admit I have a morbid fascination with Martha Stewart and will probably watch bits of her upcoming "Apprentice" spin-off. At least Trump is a sharp guy and so were the first group of contestants. I figure Martha's a sharp cookie too.

I guess if I was better at computers I wouldn't lament the downfall of commercial TV. :thud

Starz
09-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Most of them play to the lowest common denominator... I cannot abide those which are gross and show the worst side of humanity. But I have to 'fess up... I like to watch the music ones. Idol and recently the one with INXS.

Starz

TwiggyAZ
09-21-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm addicted to Amazing Race also, and Survivor, and Apprentice. In fact I was in a money pool of Survivor last year and won, am in this year also!!

I'm sick to death of murder, rape, killing killing killing shows. I will only watch sit coms, or these few reality shows. And of course the news, I love the news!! (ha ironic huh, since I'm sick of killing, rape, murder, etc!!!)

:D

I watched INXS also and was bummed they picked JD, he was a ditto of former singer, maybe something different like Sweet Suzie would have been nice. I didn't like JD at all.