PDA

View Full Version : Praise the Lord

syd_sanchez
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Praise The Lord
you are not forgotten!

(Unless your name is Job)
- Syd Sanchez

The old man looked out to the field. Wind swept past his ears and blew his long gray hair into his face. His steel blue eyes, undaunted by the incessant flapping of his hair, scanned the field with disgust. He murmured to himself how shitty his life was as he drove the post hole digger once more into the ground.

"For more years than I have recollection, I've tilled and fenced this field for you lord. For time not with standing I've planted this field and fed my family. But why oh lord am I so sad. I've done nothing but grow old and tired."

The clear blue sky did not cloud, the winds did not cease and as hard as the old man listened for a reply there was not one to be heard. So, he worked.

The sun began to set as the old man sat at his dinner table. His wife smiled sweetly at him and patted his hands as she sat down beside him. The old man looked across the table to see all of his sons and their wives smiling at him. He smiled back.

"For more years than I have recollection, I've tilled and fenced this field for you lord. For time not with standing I've planted this field and fed my family. But why oh lord am I so sad. I've done nothing but grow old and tired."

The dinner table did not rumble, the chandelier which hung elegantly above the table did not shake, and conversation at the dinner table did not cease.

The old man rose from bed the next morning and after a breakfast went back to the field. As he approached the field he noticed that all of his sheep were lying dead on the ground. He dropped his post hole digger and ran into the field. The sheep appeared to be undamaged. There was no blood or any other sign of death. The old man wiped a tear from his eye as he walked back to his house.

Dinner was solemn that evening. The old mans wife did not smile. His sons were quiet and the old man had lost his appetite.

"For more years than I have recollection, I've tilled and fenced this field for you lord. For time not with standing I've planted this field and fed my family. But why oh lord am I so sad. I've done nothing but grow old and tired.

The next day the old man went silently to his empty field. He had no reason to go.

As the sun set on the horizon the old mans sons comforted him by telling him they had gone to town and ordered new sheep. He would have to build them up again but the lord had provided them with the opportunity to purchase a good genetic pair.

The old man smiled and patted his sons. He praised their abilities and told them stories of his youth. The old man loved his sons dearly.

The next day the old man rose early. He made a huge breakfast for his family and waited patiently for them to wake up. The morning waned and the old man became angered at his families laziness. He pounded pots and pans and screamed for them. They did not come. Finally, the old man stopped up the stairs to find his entire family dead in their beds. Stricken with grief, the old man cried.

The next day the old man went to his field and watched his two new sheep eat.

The sky did not rumble. The wind did not cease the old mans eyes tore as he stood in his field. He stood and cried until he passed out.

The next day the old man rose from ground. Looking into the field he saw a blurry image of light. Straining he called to it. It did not answer. Soon the light was out of his eyes and illuminating the earth. The old man seized in pain as he began to feel the lesions upon his body. Stumbling the old man ran to his house for relief. The old man arrived to find his home destroyed by a fire in the night.

The old mans hair blew in the breeze as he sat in a pile of ashes and broken glass. He grazed his boils which encompassed his whole body with glass and then packed the ooze with the dried ashes. The old mans eye's fell upon his field.

For more years than I have recollection, I've tilled and fenced this field for you lord. For time not with standing I've planted this field and fed my family. But why oh lord am I so sad. I've done nothing but grow old and tired.

The sky was clear blue. The wind gently wisped, but the ground did not shake. The old man laid his head down and began to wish for death.

A vision appeared before the old man. A beautiful woman with outstretched arms. She told the old man that she was there to save him from death. She told him how the lord loved him very much and wanted him to continue with his work here on earth. She told him he was a champion over the Devil. The old man listened intently.

The old man went to his field, post hole digger in hand. He had more sheep to tend than ever before. His sons played in the yard of the house he built. His lovely vision was now his wife. His boils were all but a memory.

Yet, he was tired.

nongkhai
02-15-2006, 01:31 PM
" ... His balls were all but a memory ... "
???

If only he knew what was just down the road ... up the hill ... at the cross (roads) !!! :mad:

NK