PDA

View Full Version : Iran

Buckeye1sid
10-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Pakistan, a stable nation and a paragon of sanity, India a similar State, Israel, a State that has never raised it's hand to anyone, have nuclear programs (PM me for a great deal on waterfront property in La.).

Yet Iran, a sovereign nation. can't have a similar program because we don't like them. A nuclear devise can be obtained by anyone with the bucks. A delivery system is needed for sophisticated devices.

Why should Iran not have access to the cheap power a nuclear facility would provide? Because we don't like them! Because they'll blow up the world! Because they wear towels on their heads! Because they're Muslims. Because they don't make nice with us.

Down with Iran. Down with North Korea. We know and we're always right!

randy
10-02-2005, 07:54 AM
"Down with Iran. Down with North Korea. We know and we're always right!"

I believe there is an INTERNATIONAL treaty on Non Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons in place and endorsed overwhelmingly by the United Nations?

When you mix a zealous religious fringe group with and given them control over a nation state there is always going to be problems. Iran has for decades has a publicly state principle of "crushing" the "evil Satan demon" commonly known as the United States. North Korea has repeatedly used it's "peaceful" nuclear program to research and has developed nuclear weapons. They have now put in place a sophisticated delivery system for those nuclear weapons that can reach Japan and they have demonstrated that capability recently as I recall.

There might be just a couple more things to consider here other than we (the U.S.) don't like em. :)

Buckeye1sid
10-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Iran is a fringe lunatic religious group? Were they signatories to the pact?
Why am I here? What is the purpose of life? Are platypuses having fun?

randy
10-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Iran is a fringe lunatic religious group? Were they signatories to the pact?
Why am I here? What is the purpose of life? Are platypuses having fun?

Yes as a matter of fact it is. It is a self proclaimed nation state whose constitution embraces Islam as the official state religion and who has elected leaders that represent the most conservative and zealous elements of Islam. Yes, the State of Iran under a former government did sign the non-proliferation treaty. :)

Buckeye1sid
10-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Well, what about the other questions? Too tough, huh?

randy
10-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, what about the other questions? Too tough, huh?

"Why am I here? What is the purpose of life? Are platypuses having fun?"

You are here because you have something to get accomplished that only you can contribute in this world.

The purpose of life is to enhance the Universe.

Platypuses have fun everyday.

Glad I could help Sid. :)

Buckeye1sid
10-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Randy, thanks for clearing that up!

randy
10-02-2005, 08:15 AM
No Prob!! :)