PDA

View Full Version : Flash Floods Trap Many in Kansas & Ross Thread

Bard
10-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Updated: 10:45 AM EDT
Flash Flooding in Kansas Traps Many
'The Water in the Creeks Came Up, and the Homes Are Surrounded'

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051002103709990004

OSKALOOSA, Kan. (Oct. 2) - A storm dumped up to a foot of rain over parts of northeast Kansas early Sunday, sparking flash flooding that left people stranded in their homes and cars, emergency officials said.

The hardest hit areas were Jefferson and Jackson counties, said Joy Moser, spokeswoman for the Kansas Division of Emergency Management. About a foot of rain fell overnight in Jefferson County, and up to 10 inches was reported in Jackson County.

Jefferson County officials declared a disaster, and emergency crews were trying to rescue people stranded in the high water, said Don Haynes, the county's director of emergency service.

"The water in the creeks came up, and the homes are surrounded," Haynes said. "Who plans for this kind of rain?

He said emergency crews were checking on stranded residents in several towns.

Moser said a shelter had been opened in an Oskaloosa church and officials were planning for about 100 evacuees.

She said a nursing home in Leavenworth County was evacuated early Sunday and that the Kansas Highway Patrol had rescued a man off his car on Kansas Highway 4. A mobile home also was reported to have washed away in Jackson County, but the home's resident made it out safely.

"But now he's stuck in a tree," Moser said. "They're working to get him out."

Heavy rain was also reported in northwest Missouri, with water over the roads in Platte City, Mo., the National Weather Service said.

10/02/05 10:36 EDT

rossshow
10-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I agree. Kansas is very dangerous.

rossshow
10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
That's funny, Brad. Really funny. Turn about's fair play, then, spammer?

Bard
10-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Whats wrong liar?

I'm confused?

Show the manifesto PM liar??

Print it on your board?

Were you asking permission to SPAM the Bards?

Yes, turnabout is fairplay, maybe you can spam those other new boards eh K?

It is Bard, not Brad, please dont make that mistake again, thanks in advance, K?

Bard
10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Ross,

Why not publish the PM on your board, where you lied, and stated I manifestoed, eh liar?

It matters not, I will be happy to honor your lie.
But it is a lie, You know it, I know it, God knows it as well.

I never knew you to lie quite like this Ross?

I'm bewildered, why not PUBLISH the PM, that stated I was manifestoing off your board, eh LIAR?

No, no, you cannot, cus then, even your blind followers would know you are a liar, yet, they always knew, they just never cared.

I will not be baited back this time however sad sack.

Remember that cartoon?

You are flailing away like a desperate fish out of water cowboy, you can feel the demise of the Ross show drawing near, can't you? :rahrah

Bard
10-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Ross, It is a dangerous thing, to lie about the Bard.

Many are about to discover this truth. :happy

You have placed yourself in such a nasty place, due to this indescretion and major trangression indeed.

Perhaps there is still time to repent, who knows, who can say?

Repent Ross!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/TheBardsColiseumIconShow/39b8d00e.gif

By the way, ty for your bardonian t-shirt you ordered in double extra large, it will be shipped in three weeks :tiphat

randy
10-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Bard why do you let these folks get to you. They are NOT your intellectual equals. They are NOT your social equals. Look at the thread they have going now, look who is posting on it. Doesn't that really say it all? You enhance them and that stupid board when you pay attention to it. Look at the difference between the threads there and here, enough said.

Bard
10-02-2005, 02:31 PM
randy,

You are correct most certainly, and do know, that I HAVE heard this sermon OFTEN, from MANY of our Bardonian posters who I do respect, I guess I am merely thick at times. :ohwell

TY.

Ty for the compliment on the Bards board, we have worked hard in order to establish a playground suitable for the brightest & wittiest, and most talented, minds and pens in the world.

Our posters prove we have achieved that. :rahrah