PDA

View Full Version : The Genius Of The Wild

Bard
07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
" Letters To Ted # 120" 7-17-2002
The Genius Of The Wild

My friend Ted,
I present myself in parchment form this day, with a childlike smile perched upon my face, due to our anticipated encounter of hearts this day. I as always with built faith of heart surging, anticipate this branded discourse of heart this day uncovers both you and yours in splendor unfolding.

I spent my early morning this cool day, stapled to the enchanting pages of the volume of Thoreau that dear Carla sent me. As stated often of past, I remain unread in my life spent upon this planet, seeking my words to remain my own, and thoughts influenced not, nor fashioned by others. I realize quickly that this odd stance of reading none, presents me as a mere stooge in the eyes of many, but seeking not to support nor defend my stance of past this day, I merely for the record sake make mention of it.

I however more settled perhaps in my older years growing, find myself more inclined to drink the words of others, alas, if one is given to the sin of natural comparison to others, I quickly realize why perhaps I have dodged such brilliance painted in words prior! For surely after basking a few hours in the wit, brilliance and genius of Thoreau, one can quickly assess their own thoughts and words as primitive baked in simplicity! I smile and readily admit, my past lack of reading has always been more due to my lack of ability to retain that which I had read, rather than a fear of feeling diminutive in the shadow of other men's genius.

I as well felt obliged for years, to gather myself as a man based on a pure pursuit of living and experiencing, rather than filling my head with the ideas of others, partially my fear was, I would compare myself, as well as drift into copycat ideas, stances and words, whether intended or not. I still believe of strong conviction however this day, that not all are designed to learn at the feet of others, but some are to be educated from within first, before being exposed to the brilliance of others, thus creating and building a foundation both gathered and inspired, both found and searched out.

The literate man would quickly ask, where indeed does one discover wisdom, if not at the feet of others in student posture and form? A brilliant and fair question, I however remain not completely sure one I can answer. I shall submit this however in order to partially explain my viewpoint, not all thinking men have received illumination based on postured student form, though I oppose neither education, nor the necessity of enlightened teachers, for I endorse both. I however believe some and few are born to be taught first by the intake of eye only, as well as the influence of the subtle teachers of nature surrounding us. For many a teacher lies in the hollowed tree trunk appearing dead in the forest. And many a divine lesson has been learned by mans upward and fixed eyes upon the heaven hovering over and about him. Yes, wisdom I fear lies not solely within and upon the hearts of men a many, but remains as well lurking and lingering within each breath we do inhale.

I speak not as merely an embittered man not afforded the finer luxuries with which extended education offers one, but merely rather as one finally secure in that which I have discovered and uncovered on my simple journey. Yes, simple indeed as evaluated by many I am sure, but one taken with ears open and mind alert, and eyes peeled as my now departed Father would say. I believe of full heart this day my friend of youth, inspite of the ridicule and laughter this statement disclosed shall ignite, that some are called to teach, and naturally inhale the ability to do so, as well as many more were born to learn the craft at the feet of others. Some were born to inhale both wisdom and knowledge in fields of isolation, being influenced and taught by none other than the presence of life naturally unfolding about them, some can indeed be taught by the wind, and the volumes of infinite wisdom she both shoulders and carries.

Yes, I know, a difficult concept to understand I rest assured. But I ask this my friend this day, in support of my notion of rarity, could not a man be born in a field of isolation, in the most remote regions of the earth, neither exposed to man nor book his entire life, and still be brimming in untold wisdom and philosophical splendor riding in freshness? Many would shout no! Impossible! For man must learn by those that posses the regions of the earth! Yes people! Masters of intellegencia! Though I doubt inteligencia be a word, I shall allow it to stand in time, liking both the ring, as well as its ability to measure my rare sense of security this fading moment in time. I agree all can learn by others, as well most do including I, but I stand firm in this notion gathered as well, that there remain other springs and sources as well of wisdom riding. Of course this example of genius I suggest remains rare and golden, yet nevertheless walking among us this day in time.

Yes, those rare carriers of knowledge, neither acquired nor received at the feet of men. Do we speak of divine impartation Rodney? I shall not answer this question, due to the bias and prejudice that reigns in mans heart this day, quickly discounting and thereby excusing any possible merit of thought. I cling rather to this thought, as viewed by the masses as a foolish notion, that there remain those few and rare among us in time this day, both sent, called and commissioned to walk in this oddity of rareness, I describe in clumsy fashion this day.

Can indeed the thinking man banished and dwelling in the most remote regions of the earth, neither exposed to education, educators, nor the philosophers of past or present, be imbued with a wisdom thread equaling that of the esteemed, well read, and educated basking in brilliance among us this day? Where indeed would one such as this acquire his or her questionable wisdom and enlightenment? Surely it would be accepted and embraced by few indeed! For even the most eloquent words spoken in spellbinding provocation and power, only pale, sizzle and disappear, in the face of the lack of education exposed. For we remain a people bent only in the direction of one thought process, and rarely are capable of embracing, that which is not already endorsed, documented, and embedded in scientific exploration and research. I fault not the man that laughs heartily to that which I propose and submit for perusal this day, but rather completely understand the natural skepticism.

There does remain an example however, lying in a book of old, describing the followers of a great prophet we shall leave unnamed, these followers uneducated and simple a many, were known by the knowledge and wisdom they had received, by their mere association with this unnamed master, mark this! They were molded and transformed, by their association first! Long before their education even began! Men would marvel at the transformation that took place in these few, for prior in time they were merely stamped in simple!

So cannot ones association alone, with perhaps nature only teaching, spark genius untested in this wonder walking? Yes, I enjoy as much my wandering and roaming of mind, nearly as much as I enjoy visualizing the scrunched up faces of the readers! Oh hell, there remains no harm in considering and pondering that which we have not previously probed! Neither shall there remain a penalty for those hungry and searching enough to do so. We know little! And have mastered even less! May our humility and acceptance of this fact, usher us into greener pastures of enlightenment one day.

For obviously increased education and enlightenment both, hinge themselves completely on the stark nature of remaining open, do they not? Could an isolated artist, never exposed to mankind, not be capable of exceeding that of the masters in excellence, birthed in raw passion, without the teaching influence of the masters at all? Most would state no! And if some sluggishly considered yes, yes, predisposed ideas and notions would probably prompt a statement such as this, yes, but even this isolated and gifted genius's ability would only be enriched and enhanced by exposure to the true masters! Perhaps so...and yet perhaps the masters would be enriched and advanced by their association with him!

A gift is born for whatever reason within the hearts of some, not to be honed by others, nor tainted due to intermingling, some are born stamped in question provoking splendor of mind and heart, to be a lesson to us, that we know not all! Neither yet have we even begun to uncover the path to brilliance and genius alike! For the sources of such gifts remain unknown by enlarge to many and most, and yes even those who claim to have uncovered the source, perhaps know far less than the rest! Do my words betray and contradict me this pleasant day in time? I think not! I seek only to suggest that we know far less than we fancy! Does this last statement not wrap me in the robe of genius, wonder and curious, brimming as well? I depart in smile, while answering yes! Yes, how I so adore completely, imagining the scrunched up and pinched faces of my readership! Oh how I have always adored humor and comedy, and the faces they do create and render in response.

I leave you now my dear friend with these words. Know well both your worth and calling my fine fellow, for surely it rides high in the saddle of excellence yet known, to be sure!

Your friend always,
Rodney Evan Bohen

IndianPrincessSIP
07-03-2006, 12:45 PM
There is much to be learned~

within.

Always I enjoy your meanderings. Thank you for posting these fine letters.

Bard
10-07-2006, 02:04 PM
There is much to be learned~

within.

Always I enjoy your meanderings. Thank you for posting these fine letters.

Hmmm, but aren't you a sweety, I like the piece as well IP, actually I like most of the collection..

Thanks for the nice words wordsmith :kiss

salsa
10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Surely it would be accepted and embraced by few indeed! For even the most eloquent words spoken in spellbinding provocation and power, only pale, sizzle and disappear, in the face of the lack of education exposed. For we remain a people bent only in the direction of one thought process, and rarely are capable of embracing, that which is not already endorsed, documented, and embedded in scientific exploration and research. I fault not the man that laughs heartily to that which I propose and submit for perusal this day, but rather completely understand the natural skepticism.

cool beans

pregunta para los author por favor...

What is the relationship between Carla & Ted ...they must know each other because you mention her early in this letter like Ted knows her...

Inquiring minds wanna know...

Bard
10-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry Salsa

This question got by me

Ted was aware of Carla, only due to the fact, that Carlas was already published when Teds was being penned.