Kill who?
Any living thing… Anything tryin to take you from what you bring

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-01-2006, 12:47 AM
are the colors hard to read?

Bard
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
are the colors hard to read?

The colors were artistic and cool.......yet...

The yellow was very difficult for me, hence the liberty I took.

Hope you don't mind?

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-07-2006, 11:57 PM
No Problem Sir Bard.

What are your feelings about the song? it's a work in progress... i'm working with that as the chorus pretty much.

Bard
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
No Problem Sir Bard.

What are your feelings about the song? it's a work in progress... i'm working with that as the chorus pretty much.

I feel the piece advocates general chaos and violence, directed at any & all. It strikes me as angry, & savage.

Is there no light at the end of the tunnell?

Is there NO hope?

Is there no being redeemable?

Or worth trusting?

The piece leaves me sad...

I feel I understand the piece, & sympathize with the piece.....yet, it just saddens me, perhaps it merely denotes the sad state of this day for any other than humans

And even them perhaps,

I enjoyed the piece....

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-09-2006, 02:30 AM
in is an interesting perspective Sir Bard.

and indeed on the surface...it would seem brash, angry and violent.

but let me see if i can express the perspective I had when I wrote this and perform it.

It's a metaphore.

It's a song created to invoke fierce and courageous energies...
To emmotionaly charge the listener. To relay and invoke information.
It's about a look at this walk, your time on earth, with a seriousness that ultimately takes you to your highest hights...

fight back...against what...any living thing...

it's not about a literal fight... it is about the fight...

fight back...meaning do not bow from what your heart knows is right....from one spectrum to the other and everything inbetween.... do not cower from your dreams or well being and growth out of fear... live...

against what...any living thing....meaning when one begins to make positive change, increaseing the levels of love and human nature...one encounters adversary in many many forms... you have to fight to overcome...if you have cancer.... fight back.... if you have sickness....fight back....if you have financial trouble....fight back.... fight back against anything that's working to your detrement by the means that are most effictive to the adversity...whatever it may be....

ga hed and kill son...kill what...anyliving thing.... I'm not talk'n about taking out lives or hurting anyone physicaly... i'm talking about you have to kill to live... if your addiction is your demons vice....then kill it...the both of'em...it is ok to attack your weaknesses and destroy them....it is ok to attack and kill a life style that is taking you to your demise and away from your humanity...
it is permission...that someone may need to hear in order to get the perspective that they can and will attack anything with rigor and heart that is keeping them in fear...or lost... or from a better place in there life...
freedom isn't a profession...it's something that is fought and died for...and is emmotional, physical, and spiritual. all can be attacked at any time from many places....and all must be defended. and the word choices are meant to envoke a seriousness about keeping your circle sacred and your freedom as a creature of creation ...

I'm not talking about thiefs and burglerars.... there i'm telling the reader or listener that it's not of the bullshit...it's deeper...metaphysical.....
but my circle is full of murders.... not "murderers" in the sense they kill people... but people who have killed things within themselves, and broke free of the constant barrage of negativity, and dream shattering critisism...the hopelessness of the next man, and the jealousy of the one before... that they murdered, not only the doubts and fears within themselves...but within those around them....murdered the obstacles...whether it was in a gym 6 hours a day.... or in a book for 6 hours a day....the whole spectrum.... and they see victory.... thru the murdering of the hate and the chains from give'n by others... the word choice is that... to envoke the notion that it is a seroious matter...it's your life....and your destiny...and there are those who are living it... it a vast and endless list that could go on for days.... you wanna quit smokeing...murder it....face it with a furociousness and kill it...do what necessary.... you want to be a doctor...don't think your smart enough...your family says your not smart enough....get in the books and MURDER the notion....

it's not about a loss of redemption... or a loss of hope and light... it's about FIGHTING for it... at all costs...it is redemption....it's about envoking the sense that it's not hopeless...you can fight back...

"i'm not talking about guns and ammunition" again re-stateing the metaphore

"but my circle will kill to keep us livin" Meaning, my friend/family, my circle, are not afraid of the mirror...they will face and kill and murder any tribulation, ill fate, set back, inner demon, to ensure our livin....as freedom...as creation...for life and eachother.... I see there victory and grow from it...

it's not a song about a saddend state... it's an anythem about believing in yourself, your gifts, your abilities, your dreams, your happiness, your freedom and being willing to engage any adversary in the way of it.

it's about life...having the right.... as the coral snake does...to be noble in sight...brilliant against creations background, whatever it may be... the right to live and exhist among creation and protect his life...with his bite and his venom...if attacked.... he goes on about his nature unless in danger.

the songs about realizing your nature and the elements that are keeping you from reaching the heights you can reach. Serveing this living, wherever it is you are... as effective as you can... and not taking no for an answer...

the metaphore is that to envoke and enrage a soul to be rallied to its defense...and the human being a human being in which it resides...

such is the living...bird, snake, wolf, lion and all of the rest of the living... it is there lesson they have been teaching us for sometime now...

the song isn't about picking up arms and going nuts... it's about courage...and most importantly to love this life you've been give'n....enough to kill for it...even if it's killing a part of you...

it is about trust....trusting your creator....trusting yourself....trusting your loved ones....trusting your dreams and your freedom.

the goal of the piece was to invoke what you felt...the angry...savageness...the violence.... i understood the word choices would indeed stir up an adreneline...and energy... it is the goal of the piece to stear that energy.... it is the goal of the piece to create thought in the listener...to think about what's holding them down...or drowning them...working to there detriment...and identify it.... therefor exposeing it...and then seeking the most effective way to ultimatly kill it.

not to flip and kill your boss.... but to effectively overcome the situation and grow beyond it... gain the skills if that's what you need to do...and get a new job...or end up his boss.... regardless of the example... it is the goal of the song to invoke the emmotional energy it takes to be courageous enough to follow your heart. create change, for the better.... and by all means...fight for it...

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-10-2006, 02:36 AM
I knew when I wrote the piece....and recited it out loud, that the Initial reaction would be exactly as yours was... this is a violent, and chaotic chant... one without mercy and humanity....one without fear or candor, coothe or care...and especially one without love. it is that exact ferocity that needs to be remembered in order to live as true life....in this world. on every level of society as seen by it's own....this courage must be awoken to be love. To be your heart. It is the fear of love that I am attacking...as well as promoteing the attack of... the tribulation one faces when they are moving towards love and being there heart...that I am chanting to attack....and kill...YES...MURDER....

i ask you... have you not murdered and killed to reach your I walk... whether it be something inside of you that held you...or any thing... any living thing....which IS everything....that kept you from your hearts song and perception of your purpose,once realized, or your love...once awoken??
Do you not have more to kill...and murder...within yourself or your influence...or your thought, or your action...or your tongue...that may be holding you to hinderence in your own personal journey.... ??

To awaken...in ferociousness...the matter of defending your hearts truth and purpose....is the goal of this piece as it is written today... and it's language...is the language of those who hear it...read it...and are struck by its percision.

your thoughts?

Bard
09-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Coo,

Sorry, I do not get it.

Perhaps I am the most simple of simple, but the song denotes savage violence to me.

I enjoyed very much, your most eloquent explanation of the lyrics

It was good writing..

I know some will come along, and perhaps in order to appear cool, will slap your back, and say, I KNEW that's what it meant??

No, i'm sorry, but if I am that far off in interpretation, so will many others be, far simpler than I.

It is a song that could induce violence within the tattered and lost soul I fear.

I dissagree with your use of the word murder....

I see it as conquering..you are attempting to address..

To conquer does not translate into murder in my eyes

Nor, does dominate, temper, protect, or resist, translate necessarily into murder, nor even death.

If the lyrics are inspired in order to get folks to go wtf?

I think you have succeeded

Maybe I'm too old and lame to get it man

But I preferred reading your explanation of the piece, more than the piece

I wonder what that might mean to you as a writer??

To Conquer is not to kill...

And to kill, is not always murder.

I dare say, many you are attempting to reach, will never see your intended message in your lyrics, as they stand imho.

Bard
09-14-2006, 03:38 PM
But I preferred reading your explanation of the piece, more than the piece

I wonder what that might mean to you as a writer??

Meaning, perhaps you are a writer, capable of, writing outside of the current arena you have been writing in prior?

Many a great essay and commentary were never penned, due to the fact that the writer only deemed himself a poet?

Many a novel never written, by the man who perhaps, only viwed himself as a lyric composer only?

Just thoughts and considerations??

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-17-2006, 03:43 PM
your interpretation is yours... and thank you for it.

Bard
09-17-2006, 04:01 PM
your interpretation is yours... and thank you for it.

No no, NOT interpretation Coo

It was never to be so boldly viewed,

But merely my first, reaction too, responce to, what it corneted and shouted to me?

But interpretation?

Oh no, let it not be

Thanks for being so gracious...

I like your writing

'Tis real & raw

Bone deep in heart

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-17-2006, 04:07 PM
disagree if you will, as i do your position on who will be reached by my words. And what they will take from them. As I do the " will say that's what they knew it meant" to appear cool. I feel that's a drastic underestimation of our species.

my word choice...well...is as such. and will remain as such.

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-18-2006, 10:33 PM
I think we were typeing our comments at the same time with the last two.

My apologies if your comments were not your interpretation.

it's not about having a simple mind, or anything of the such.
perhaps the lost may begin to see why, and fight back
one must have to be faught against...to fight back.
Perhaps...one must become savage and violent....depends on there situation. I do not agree that this piece would invoke a person to defend there iniquity, or wickedness, or there wrongful acts... I strongly disagree with that....

and the overt thought is to ....fight back. defend your song...defend your purpose. As it is...and will forever be...under attack. especially if your walk and purpose is one that is a powerful one as seen by men, and a threat to there undoubtibly unjust and wicked ways.

perhaps after i record...i'll post...
perhaps not.... who knows....maybe in song the thoughts will provoke something dif. inside of you... i don't know....

i do appreciate the conversation. that is real.

gives me an insight on how my poetry here is related to and felt...
because...this audiance... is narrow...and one dimensional. Not a disrespect... an observence.

from the ezboard... to the dot com. that is my observence.
which is the exact reason I have posted here, my poetry....
and have wondered what reaction or perspective my words have had on this very narrow and arrogant audiance. if there have been any of which was expressed... usually not.

in regards to what your thoughts and what they may mean to me as a writer.... I don't view myself as a writer.... I write... true enough... but... i don't call myself a writer per say....

again...I do appreciate your thoughts on the piece.

I do feel... misunderstood...in each and every piece i have posted.
why, could be audiance, could be any reason... i know that.

most likely... my last piece here. Not of confrontational views on the piece... but of a lack of understanding.

Of which i Identified with you, in Letters to carla, and your expressions on those feelings. Have felt, and continue to.

interesting to me....yes...

and forgive if my responses are brash. There is no tone in text.

Bard
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
I do feel... misunderstood...in each and every piece i have posted.
why, could be audiance, could be any reason... i know that.

most likely... my last piece here. Not of confrontational views on the piece... but of a lack of understanding.

Of which i Identified with you, in Letters to carla, and your expressions on those feelings. Have felt, and continue to.

interesting to me....yes...

Hell, I feel few ever understand what I write, nor interpret it as I intended..

It is the daily frustration of the writer, not just to be heard, but understood.

CooCooTheLooseScrew
09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
indeed...and you stress over that in "carla"....

but that is...the exact reason i have posted here....

hell Sir Bard... I posted a painting with the raven speaking to every living thing... including the dragon on one of my pieces.... and not to much to get out of response.... as expected.... looking for the one sun beam... that has penetrated the cloud... WHITE...or dark......or asks...simply asks... you know what did happen tho...someone else posted with thoughts about picture posting with your poetry...or something of the such....which is all good... something i've been doing at your .com. and ez board.....

you know how i go tho.... a passer by.... be here for awhile...then will be gone... but while i'm here.... I am here.

and as long as i'm here... I will wail.

the timing now... is fire bro... fire....because of the expierience and place i am at in my life at these moments....the observerance of my bredren and sistern and what they are bringing to me in there tribulation....

the only thing safe in the fire... is faith, and the flame... both together are justice and freedom.

even the sea's boil.