PDA

View Full Version : Delete me...

basca
09-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I wanted the first dramaqueen thread. :D

Snuffy
09-19-2005, 12:18 PM
You're pretty brave to ask that question basca, I'd guess you're pretty safe though, it'll take Bard forever to find the right buttons.

basca
09-19-2005, 12:20 PM
oooo...bard changed boards i bet so he could center easily again.

Bard
09-19-2005, 12:24 PM
You're pretty brave to ask that question basca, I'd guess you're pretty safe though, it'll take Bard forever to find the right buttons.

I KNOW where the BAN button is Snuff, its the fIRST thing I figured out! :D

Don't start on me basca, I was hoping to lose you in the move :rolleyes:

not sure on centering yet, but YES basca, that was a significant factor in the move, plus spellcheck :D

basca
09-19-2005, 12:38 PM
You can ignore people here. Guess who is first on my list Snuffy?

Snuffy
09-19-2005, 12:53 PM
You'll have to come right out and tell me basca, trying to figure out what's in your head is like looking into an abyss. :D

I can only play with you until Lyn gets here, then I have to run, I think I'm busy or something.

basca
09-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Boy this ignore thing works good. It shows a reply in here but I can't see it. Must be that our dear little Snuffy posted in here. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/basca/Whatever/clap.gif

Lyn Is Snide
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey, Snuff!

Have a lookie-lou over there!
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/kickbut.gif

Sweetness and light,
Lyn

Snuffy
09-19-2005, 01:25 PM
You get a slight reprieve basca, Lyn is already here and she brought her own emoticons with her. I'm going to stand up against the wall for a while and give Lyn some space. :(

Bard
09-19-2005, 01:26 PM
That horrid avatar Lyn, :eek:

PROVES you are NOT sweeteness and light!!

Bard
09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
You get a slight reprieve basca, Lyn is already here and she brought her own emoticons with her. I'm going to stand up against the wall for a while and give Lyn some space. :(

Be a man Snuffy!

Stand up to the Bratty brat! :mad:

basca
09-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Love the avatar Lyn! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/basca/Whatever/mauhaha.gif

Snuffy
09-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Be a man Snuffy!

Stand up to the Bratty brat! :mad:

Hey Bard, I tried that once and it didn't work so well. She's got too many emotes at her disposal, she has an unlimited arsenal of nasty ones that I can't counter. :eek:

On the bright side, each new member gets us one closer to the magic number 200, then it's the boot for basca. :D

Bard
09-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Snuffy

On the bright side, each new member gets us one closer to the magic number 200, then it's the boot for basca :D

Exactly :D

(clapping icon inserted here)

I'll go one better Snuff!

http://members.aol.com/josiesfreee/cheerleader

basca
09-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Please see this. It says it all. :) http://bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=22

PurpleButterfly
09-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Please see this. It says it all. :) http://bardscoliseum.com/showthread.php?t=22

Where'd she get the picture of Ross?

:eek:

sear
09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Bard,
I tried to open a new thread.
I thought a new topic might help kick off the new community.
But though I clicked it several times, I got nothing.

Is there a problem?

Bard
09-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Please try again, I want the topic.

sear
09-19-2005, 06:23 PM
I tried again.
All it does when I click the "Thread Starter" switch is (perhaps) redraw the main forum page.

Nope, not sure why.

sear
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
btw,
here's my profile summary:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

--

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

==================================== =====

I'd LOVE to be able to turn the smilies off FOREVER.
And I'd like to turn the HTML on forever.
I've checked every option I could find in my CP/Profile. But I found nothing addressing either.

I'll be curious to see if the bold works.

IndianPrincessSIP
09-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi Sear glad to see you here.

I think I know what's happening. Above the body of threads there is a button that looks like this http://bardscoliseum.com/images/buttons/newthread.gif

Click on that button to start a thread.

I think the link that says Thread Starter is the link of who started the thread, not sure about that, or where or why it directs you to the front page.

Let's see if that's it. :)

sear
09-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Zounds and pounders.
That appears to be it IP.

Problem is, now I have to think of a topic.

Is there any way to turn "smilies" off, forever?
I notice under "Miscellaneous Options" there's a box to check to "Disable smilies in text". I've checked that.
But at Ez, I had to check that damn box for every post.
We'll see if it's the same raw deal here.

Thanks IP.
I think you may have won the -Sherlock Holmes- award for the day.

IndianPrincessSIP
09-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Good I'm glad we got that squared away. About the smilies. The only thing I can think of so far, is for me to disable images for you, which could mean that you would not see Any images including photos. I could be wrong about that, but we could give it a try.

Also there is a toggle in your profile in the edit options down at the bottom of the page under Miscellaneous that gives you the option of reconfiguring your message box. You could try the 'basic' and that might rid you of the scoundrels. lol

sear
09-21-2005, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure why.
When I display the main forum page, topics are listed, along with the number of posts, and the most recent poster to post in each.

But this information doesn't update readily. I think it can get nearly an hour, perhaps more out of date.
The refresh button on my browser doesn't update it.

I haven't found any button / switch / icon to update it.
I checked my profile, but didn't find a remedy in there either.

Is there an easy solution to this?
Is it an unsolved bug?

IndianPrincessSIP
09-21-2005, 08:59 AM
It sounds like you are storing old pages. What kind of browser are you using? I'm not having that problem at all, so no I don't think it's a bug.

IndianPrincessSIP
09-21-2005, 09:06 AM
The first thing I would try is going to another page altogether. Out into the front page or even into a thread. When you come back to the forum, you should be all updated. I noticed that happening to me at EZ now and again come to think of it. I had forgotten about it.

Lets see if that helps.

TwiggyAZ
09-21-2005, 09:58 AM
How do you "ignore" someone? :shrug

IndianPrincessSIP
09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi Twiggy~

Click on their name, it will take you to their profile and there is a link in the upper middle of the page that says 'Add to my ignore list'. Click that and they are on ignore. :happy

sear
09-21-2005, 10:15 AM
"It sounds like you are storing old pages." IP
Could be.
But I don't recall ever having an option: -would you like to store old pages?-

If ever offered this, I'll surely decline.
"What kind of browser are you using?" IP
IE 6.0.2900
"I'm not having that problem at all, so no I don't think it's a bug." IP
I suspected it it was a peculiar misconfiguration. But I've reviewed the "Edit Options" under "User CP", and found nothing which might plausibly address or fix this.
"The first thing I would try is going to another page altogether." IP
I tried re-selecting "Bard's Coliseum" from the bookmarked "Favorites" list.
That doesn't work.
I've clicked the "Refresh" icon. That doesn't work.
I've gone from page one of this forum to page two, and then returned.
That didn't fix it either.

What I'm wondering is, despite the fact that a thread displays no recent posts; will they actually show up when the thread is selected?

I think it does.
I'll check.

TwiggyAZ
09-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks IP :rahrah

Jannilu
09-21-2005, 02:30 PM
I have noticed a similar problem to what sear has reported. I will select threads that are bold because that identifies there is a new unread post. When I exit the thread & refresh the list page, the thread correctly displays as no longer bolded. Occassionally, however, all threads that I just read, return to the boldfont when I refresh, yet no new posts have been added.

IndianPrincessSIP
09-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks Jannilu for letting me know. It probably has something to do with your cookies clearing. Perhaps your computer is set to a certain time to clear cache. I've had to logoff several times to check some things, and I've noticed that it says 'Clearing Cookies' so it will do it then as well.

I will snoop around the support forums and see if I can find anything though for both of the problems.

basca
09-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey, Snuff!

Have a lookie-lou over there!
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/kickbut.gif

Sweetness and light,
Lyn

I miss Lyn. She was the only one besides me that saw you for who you really are Snuff. :hangman

Snuffy
09-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I miss Lyn. She was the only one besides me that saw you for who you really are Snuff. :hangman

And what am I? The only person that tolerates you? I guess that sounds about right. :poke

basca
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
You don't tolerate me. It is the other way around. When will you step into reality? :consoling