PDA

View Full Version : Happy Medium

lordhumongous
08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Is there such a thing as a "Happy Medium?" WELL,IS THERE?????

Bleep
08-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Miss Cleo, the psychic? She seemed pretty happy to me. :biglaugh

lordhumongous
08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Miss Cleo, the psychic? She seemed pretty happy to me. :biglaugh

Was afraid of that.No Bleep,I was not referring to a jovial psychic.I was looking more toward people sharing some common ground on certain topics.Take for example the Iraq war.Seen some pretty virulent posts concerning this matter.Microbes and Bard were pretty much diametrically opposed in their views on the war.That kinda thing.

Wrenchbender
08-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Well, I think I can see what yer sayin'....but if we strike a happy medium with the Iraq war, would we just downsize it to a rumble in the school yard?
:shrug

lordhumongous
08-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, I think I can see what yer sayin'....but if we strike a happy medium with the Iraq war, would we just downsize it to a rumble in the school yard?
:shrug

:laugh Good one Wrench.Actually,since we have adopted the role of "World Policeman",I was wondering where do we draw the line?Iraq has become a giant boondoggle.People are hootin' and hollerin' about the Genocide in Darfur.Well,what if we go in there,and a shitload of civilians get whacked(more so than are dying now).What then?More fucking hand-wringing?? Seems like we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Bleep
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
LordMongo,
how does one strike a happy medium on war?

kill only a few people? leave one of the twin towers standing?

go in for only a few months and then leave in the middle of the shambles?

I am afraid there is no medium to be had. War is one of the very dark things in human existence that is only balanced by the numbers of peaceful planet lovers who oppose it in every form.

lordhumongous
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
LordMongo,
how does one strike a happy medium on war?

kill only a few people? leave one of the twin towers standing?

go in for only a few months and then leave in the middle of the shambles?

I am afraid there is no medium to be had. War is one of the very dark things in human existence that is only balanced by the numbers of peaceful planet lovers who oppose it in every form.

Precisely my point Bleep.We are always clamoring about the injustices perpetrated on innocents around the world.Sorry,but these folks should just fend for themselves.Why do we have to get embroiled in someone else's affairs? Sometimes,it would be preferable for the United States to revert back to being an isolationist country.