PDA

View Full Version : OJ Book - I Thought They Were Not Publishing

TwiggyAZ
08-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Beaufort Books, a small New York-based publisher, is reissuing "If I Did It" in October, with Simpson's original manuscript intact and commentary included. The Goldman family is calling the book Simpson's confession the same description Regan offered in justifying the original publication.

I thought they weren't publishing this book. I know there are people that want to read this book. Do you? I don't understand why the families of the victims aren't outraged still at this. I don't understand it at all. Do you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070821/ap_en_ce/books_simpson

Bard
08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Barnes & Noble are not stocking it :clap

At least OJ does not get the proceeds.

Poodles
08-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Not me-I wouldnt look at it even in a lib-I didnt think it was being pubished either-

but I also dont watch TV shows were they show so much rape-murder-blood etc

Iam not a prund-but I dont see why ppls enjoy this kinda stuff-each to their own hey :ohwell

forestfairy
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
I heard the only reason it is being published is because the families of the victims are getting all the money the book makes. That's probably the only reason they aren't throwing a fit. Although I think I would prefer the book not come out and not get the money, but I'm not in their shoes.

Bard
08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
FF

I think Goldman gets the proceeds.

Better than OJ, getting them in my book.

Yet, id prefer seeing NO attention given OJ.

At ALL cost, cus OJ loves the attention

The camera once, was his best friend, and liked him as well...

Ever since the incident however, he films dark and swarthy

The camera has abandoned and betrayed him

Yet, he is too vain to know.

forestfairy
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Ever since the incident however, he films dark and swarthy

The camera has abandoned and betrayed him

Yet, he is too vain to know.

yup, I agree. He's creepy.

Mr. Lemon Pocket
08-21-2007, 05:07 PM
They dont care about the book being released because apparantly you can murder someones child if you pay them a certain amount of money in a civil suit and subsequent book deal.

Jannilu
08-21-2007, 05:21 PM
The Brown family fought this, but the Goldman family won. The two families were united until now. My guess is that it will only get worse before the dust finally settles.

I understand the Goldman's feel they deserve something, since he's never paid a penny of the judgement they were due, but this just seems so wrong.

OJ makes my skin crawl.

lordhumongous
08-21-2007, 06:43 PM
OJ makes my skin crawl.

Ah,c'mon.You gotta admit,the Juice was pretty funny in that 1989 flick "The Naked Gun." He's not such a bad guy(when he's not decapitating people)... :finger