ravenblanc
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
"I had it with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti"

The breakfast of 'potential' champions? :rofl

That's just plain disgusting,bleep!

fava beans... :puke

Bleep
09-02-2007, 12:22 PM
actually no, I think it was dinner of the delusional.

(its a Hannibal Lecter line from Silence of the Lambs. He says he ate one of his victims' liver with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.)

Yeah I get the :puker about fava beans AKA broad beans. I don't like them either. And even a nice chianti is barely drinkable. It is now after noon and I am enjoying a vodka grapefruit cooler courtesy of "Woody's". nice girly pink bubbly drink.

ravenblanc
09-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Thank you for the clarification on that quote,bleep.
You had me worried for a moment,thinking that you may have succumbed to Pride and were quoting yourself.The mere thought of fava beans obviously made me delusional.
Do you suppose that eating fava beans was the cause of Hannibal Lector's rather anti social behaviour? I do notice that since they were mentioned this board has fallen silent as well.

It is afternoon here too and I just came inside.Having being caught in a downpour,I am cold and wet and indulging myself in a lovely mug of hot chocolate,with large dollops of whipped cream.And seeing as I have a bad case of the munchies for some strange reason, I have a plate ofsunflower seed cookies too. Cheers! :beers

Bleep
09-03-2007, 08:50 AM
mmmm. I am firmly convinced that dollops of whipped cream will make almost anything edible. Have you tried the chocloate flavoured whipping cream in the spray can? Divine!

as for the "Silence of the Bored". I think Bard has been passing around the :bong and we missed it. or at least I missed it.
You were the one with the munchies!

ravenblanc
09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Nope,never tried the chocolate whipped cream in a can..and you know why? You might like this..I barter with my neighbour for most of my dairy products,looking after things when they are away...and one of the chores is milking the jersey cow..mmmmmmilk to die for.And they are gone for a week so I will probably BE having whipped cream with almost everything :D

And all without any of that filthy money stuff changing hands.

Perhaps I should try feeding the cow the chocolate and a bit of 'the herb'...then maybe I can just eat the whipped cream and cookies,cut out all the middlemen/women.

Have a good time in LA,bleep.

Bleep
09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
we adore Jersey cows, they are the prettiest of all the breeds and have nice personalities, but we don't have enough land to feed one or enough kids to drink the milk, although I'm sure we could barter with the neighbour for eggs and veggies.

On a sadder note,
This on Page 3 of Canada's National newspaper today:
New Horse Slaughterhouse opens in Canada (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070904.whorse04/BNStory/National/home)
Since virtually all the horse slaughter in the USA has been closed down in the last 12 months, as preedicted, there is an increase in shipping the horses to other countries. Means longer truck rides under inhumane conditions ( no food/no water/no care for days in a hot stuffy truck designed for cattle).

ravenblanc
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Interesting link,bleep. Topic wise it's mine field. Dare I comment?
I hate the idea of slaughtering horses. I also hate the idea of transporting sick,injured and terrified horses and farther than necessary if they are going to be slaughtered.The transport conditions can be brutal.

My personal opinion is that there would be very little horse slaughter if the ready supply of horses was not available.I doubt that many of these horses are being brought into the world with the intention that they end up as meat. Many are born as the result of thinking a certain breeding will have 'potential' for some wonderful thing whether it be competition of some sort or just a clone of 'mom' or 'dad. When they don't live up to that potential where do they end up?

Horses are expensive to keep alive, it costs something to have them humanely destroyed and it is not always easy in this world, where many horses are boarded out or on small properties, to dispose of the carcasses.The 'bottom line' starts to enter the picture. Not to mention those cowards who have the out of sight out of mind attitude when the time comes for their loving pets to leave..just send them to auction or call the meat guy,much less distasteful,right? :sarcasm

Horse advocates in both Canada and the United States are outraged that this vast green valley, lush and rolling, is now home to this country's newest federally licensed horse abattoir: Natural Valley Farms Inc

I think these horse advocates have to clean up their own industry first...advocate for fewer horses in the world. Just say no to breeding horses instead of promoting it.

They are also concerned that even more Canadian companies may start slaughtering and processing horses in a bid to satisfy hungry overseas markets that crave horsemeat, a pricey delicacy in many countries, since the industry is headed for extinction in the United States.

And it would be such a pity if there were no supply to meet the demand wouldn't it? I say "let them eat cake"
(hey,if you can be Catherine the Great I can be Marie Antoinette seeing as I've lost my head many a time already)

You are right it is a sadder note and a complicated issue that I have oversimplified :sadsad