PDA

View Full Version : What in the world is

Blackeyedpeas
09-22-2005, 08:59 PM
the avatar of on your opening home page? It looks like brightly colors spools of thread. Have you been taking photos of my sewing box? :wtf
Peazer

Bard
09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Guess?

IndianPrincessSIP
09-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi Peezer~

The icon on the front page is a miniature copy of an original oil painting by the Bard. I got the idea to 'decorate' the Coliseum with a few of the beautiful things that we have adorning our walls. Parliament is one of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BohenGallery/cuatro/parliamenta.jpg

~Parliament~
Original Oil
By The Bard

Bard
09-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Opening bid 200 dollars... :rahrah

Blackeyedpeas
09-23-2005, 09:17 AM
$200 ??? Uh, I don't think so Bard. Nothing personal, but that style is NOT my style. I have dabbled in oils in the past and have a few pieces in my home. One I did especially for the mother before she passed. She cut a picture from a magazine and asked me to paint it for her living room. I did and got it finished 2 weeks before she passed. She really loved it !! If I could figure out how to insert a pic here I would try to put it up. I am such a computer illiterate that sometimes I just feel as if I have no business being online. :ohwell

Peazer

Bard
09-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Black,

$200.00 was the OPENING bid, I would price the signature painting at $777.00

It has recieved many fine comments when showcased in the past.

I realize, the style is NOT for everyone.

I hope you figure out the image thing, I'd love to see you Moms tribute painting, glad you got it done in time.

skenzer01
09-23-2005, 10:42 AM
david letterman says, "ape", but i think paul went for "artist".

Blackeyedpeas
09-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Perhaps IP could pm me the explicit instructions and then I shall love to put it up here. I did not realize it for years and years, but then one day figured out that the "Original" painting it was copied from for Mom is the "Hartford Elk". LOL
At the time I painted it, I had no idea. She had just cut a picture out of a magazine somewhere. I did make a few changes, but really not a lot. She loved that picture so. I think of Mom when I gaze at the Elk.

Thanks,
Peazer