Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > ~Poetry Pavilion~

Old 08-21-2010, 10:56 AM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baron (Lord of The Realm) is Gone

It is with tear-filled eyes, and a brokenheart that I must announce
my Baron is gone.
Most know I had from the time he was 10 or 12 weeks old.

In these past couple of years, he was my reason for living, his hips weak from years ago, wed walk daily.

In recent days his back legs just gave out, He could not get himdself up,
And it took ALL I had, to get him out to do his duty, then hed collapse again, id struggle, but finally get him back in.

I had to him in today at fifteen yeasrs old, and say goodbye
I cried the entire time, i made certain that I could hold his head, and look him dead in the eye, as I sent him to heaven.

I made a promise to him as a pup, when the winds were raging, I covered him as he crothed under me, I swore Ill take care of, till your old enough to take care of me, we both kept our promise, He still had a sparkle in his eye, its why I didnt do it before, folks suggested it, but Barion was still loving life
and the friendship we had, he lost his bowel control a year ago, but I dealt with that, I was not gona kivck him to the curb, due to the fact, he was a little broken, i being in the busines still had a commercial carpet cleaning machine that I barely could hsandle anymore, but i kept our living envioroment clean.

The las few days, he just could NOT get up, it took ALL i had to get him up, only for him to collapse again, this has gone on days now, me prayong it was just a bad patch of road.

I feel like I betrayed him, My wife Sandra always took our dogs to the vet when it was time, I did it once years ago, and never sagain till today,
I promised Baron Id be with him.

It do not go fast, the DR had to administer enough stuff to kill 150 pound animal, Baron was 80 ish maybe thinner, it felt like forever, it broke my darn heart, Baron was all I had, and I was all he had,

My only consolation is that I did not go first, leaving him to others
cus he would have been lost, the sun set on me for him

As did the sunset in my world for him.

Hes slept next me for years, i was always rushing to get back home from drs visits, cus i was worried about him, id been getting upop in the middle of the night for years, so he was not uncomfortable kidney wise.

Your with Jesus now Barom I pray you yu dont think I betrayed you.

I was afraid hed collapse in this 100 degree weather when doing his duty,
And Id NOT be able anymore to carry him inside, I batrely could get him up, to go out anymore.

im not penning this for pity, I just am brokenhearted, and had prayed this day would never come.

But knew it would, hes was loosing weight, anf getting finnicky about his food, id habe to feed him out off my hand the past week or so.

my oh my, i guess i hoped this might give me a bit of closure, i cried going there, baron was so excited to take a ride, poor guy didnt know

I hope he forgives me.

Baron would have been 16 this christmas, when my first wife Sandra of twenty three years gave Baron to me,

Sandra died not much longer than a year ago, i hope they find each other in heaven.

It seems the older you live, the more broken your heart gets, saying goodby to folks.

I simply am very sad, please dont allow this to throw a damper on day or posting, I just needed to share, cus ALL of you, who knew me, knew Baron as well, Baron had bad alleries for years, in the summer heat hed tera and scratch at himself till hed loose hair,

There was nothing to be done, the vet said his back legs were untreatable
he had a fancy name to make me feel less guilty, if Id had the strength, id of carried Baron in and out forever IF, I was able, which I no longer am.

Baron had a stroke about a year ago, set one eye a sqew, and one side of his mouth hung funny, but i still walked him, and in dignity did he stroll.

My last words as I left the vets cryying, sobbing, was this

i said please htreat him with the dignity he he was due.

i came home, threw out his bolws, must find someone to take his new unopened bag of food, he bones treats, well now im just going on.

Maybe Im writing this on behalf of ALL, whoever loved as did I
these animals spo loyal and precious that steal our hearts.

i will never get, another animal ever, i could nEVER deal, with this kinda pain again, so now you know you are familia to me, its why i shared this loss.

ty for all your years of compliments and asking about Baron

He loved the attencion.

Again, im not looking for a long Sorry bard pity thread, I just needed to share
my loss, our loss in Bardonia.

thank you for listening.

Rod

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:57 AM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baron (Lord of The Realm) is Gone

i need a nap now.

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Elite Member

Calli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to beholdCalli is a splendid one to behold

True and noble friends, such a terrible time when we have to send our fur friends over the rainbow bridge. Baron was extremely fortunate, as were you, Bard, for the friendship and love these many years.

May your heavy heart be eased knowing that you shared so many good times together.

{{{Bard}}}
Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Elite Member

Cit will become famous soon enough

With teary eyes..... I'm SPEECHLESS!!!

I am so so very sorry Bard.

Last edited by Cit; 08-21-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Virgil Turdblossom

Wrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to allWrenchbender is a name known to all

I'm sorry Bard. I know how hard it is. It sounds like the same thing that happened to Bubba.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:21 PM
HATER OF EVIL

Trouble has a spectacular aura aboutTrouble has a spectacular aura about

Hang in there Bard. That's what he would have wanted. I'm really sorry man. Real sorry.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Elite Member

jtxk is on the right path

Very, very sorry Bard.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Elite Member

Cit will become famous soon enough

A nice touch of class from the head lady at BOMM

http://boardoutamymind.net/forums/sh...9418#post59418

Quote:
Today, 01:36 PM
Senorita Bitchalot

Default Baron (Lord Of The Realm)
Bard, I'm so sorry for your loss.

From Bard's Coliseum
Quote:
It is with tear-filled eyes, and a brokenheart that I must announce
my Baron is gone.

axl803
View Public Profile
Send a private message to axl803
Find all posts by axl803

Unread Today, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Baron (Lord Of The Realm)
Can't access Bard's or TRS since I made my last post to TRS. Nothing seems to work. WTH is this all about?

Quote:
GoogleSorry...

We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

See Google Help for more information.

paleryder
View Public Profile
Send a private message to paleryder
Find all posts by paleryder

Unread Today, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Baron (Lord Of The Realm)
Maybe someone can carry this over to the Bard's for me... Trouble around?

Bard....real sorry about this news. I know it cuts deep.

If there is a blessing in all this it's that Baron didn't outlive you and suffer wondering what happened to his master.

You got to see him off. I'm of the opinion that not being there for him in the end would have been more gutwrenching for Baron and you.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Elite Member

paleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of light

Bard....real sorry about this news. I know it cuts deep.

If there is a blessing in all this it's that Baron didn't outlive you and suffer wondering what happened to his master.

You got to see him off. I'm of the opinion that not being there for him in the end would have been even more gutwrenching for Baron and you.

Baron spent his entire life with the love of his life, his master, Rod.

Doesn't get any better than that for a loyal friend like Baron.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Snuffy is on the right path

I'm really, really sorry to hear this Bard, I know how much he meant to you. Your loyalty to Baron and his to you have been well documented on this board over the years and I'm glad I got to read about it. The love and devotion you showed him over his lifetime was second to none.