Bard's Coliseum  

Go Back   Bard's Coliseum > ~Poetry Pavilion~

Old 08-21-2010, 03:58 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baron (Lord of The Realm) is Gone

i just go up and remembered I had something in the truck i needed, I grabbed my keys "real Quiet" Like I ALWAYS do, cus once Baron Hears the Keys,
He starts his shenanigans, and starts putting on the beg to go, thjen I realized he was gone and started balwing all over again.

He used to LOVE to go for rides,he was so excited today.

Thank you one and all for your sweet words, including the gals sat the BOMM, I just answered a pM from a dear friend and stated, my life has nEVER felt so quiet and alone, so now i cry all over again.

Yes, I had worried I might go before Baron, KNOWING none would deal with his speial needs as I did, and that haunted me, the though of him just in the hands of strangers, quickly to meet his fate.

we had a special way, Only I knew how, to get him up in the truck cab, hed go to the door put his front paws up and pull as id come underneath his back side and swoop him up,

So many things only I knew how to do, baron collapsed on a walk a couple weeks ago, and neigbors who always se us each day limp around the block, stated he needed to be put down, looking at me as i was cruel, I KNEW Baron, he Still had a glimmer in his eye today, he used to smile, hard to explain,

When the dR got in, they zttempted to position me behind him, I protested
firmly and said His eyes must meet mine, it was a promise I made
I got my way, it too k so long, two different siringes hurting him.

i know they say time heals all, yet, again, my ONLY consolation, was he didnt loutlive me, the silly goose adored me,

I was worried in this 100 degree weather, that he might collapse outside,
trying to go to the bathroom, and there would be none to help me, that though of him suffering in the heat partially made me make the decision.

Hed had several problems as we all do accumilate in later years, i swore just days ago to him, eye to ey, id nOT take the easy way out!

i waited as long as I could to see if his hip gained strenth again, but only worseened, this morning he awoke fairly frisly needing out but unable to get up by pulling himself as he used to while i pulled gently on his neck and head,
It had been this way for days, i knew the wasnt open sunday, so the sad lure of the leash perked him up enough to get him to do his business then we loaded him in the truck, he and I, i couldnt even get him sitting up as usual, turned the air on and he thought we were going to the park,

i gotta stop now, thank you all very much for your kindness, I never though id be doing this in public, it simply overcame me more thatn I even imagined.

I held his head firm scratching his chin, which I always did before he went to sleep at night, the site of him as he was when I left shall haunt me always,
I just didnt know any other way.

I know dog lovers, we got a bunch on the boards, im writing this for them, and praying to god he will lessen my pain,

I KNOW baron is in heaven now, and wont have no motre pain.

thats what matters, but the hole left in my heart, i just dont know.

Sobbing like an infant.

we all said to Barion your aggod boy.

It's the last words i whispered in his ears

He did not seem to undrstand my seeming betrayal however
I pray the Lord will explain that to him.

Fifteen years, we always had each other,

It is the bulk of a life lived, that defines a man, not merely
a chapter, moment, nor day.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:05 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Bard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond reputeBard has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was Lakelady that said, we love ALL our pets in ourr lives, if we be fur people, but Baron, yes, Baron was outstanding, I always tried to picture this day, And I NEVER was man enough, to even follow through with the thought, cus id breakdown, I

Its likes our parents, we NEVER think, or can picture the world without them,
Even though one day we know we must.

It was that way with Baron.

he was a good boy.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:11 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Hepburn
Rossite Priestess Join Date: Sep 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Im sitting here crying too, reading that. Oh, I know how his heart hurts.
Rod..Baron loved you dearly. You were his best friend and he knew you would take care of him. And you did. Please dont feel bad you sent him over rainbow bridge. Thats what he wanted and hoped you would do.
I know you want to be with him right now. I know you wonder how you can go on. You can. Because thats what Baron expects you to do. He awaits you when its time.
Hes safe, Rod. No pain. Running. Happy. And prepares for when you meet him at the bridge. For now..let him run to Sandra, play, sniffety smell, jump in joy at being with God. You know Jesus is there...ready to hand him chocolate kisses. In heaven, chocolate is ok. And white robes are so comfy to cuddle in. Hes being taken care of, Rod. Know that.

Now In crying ALL over again, just sobbing,

i kNEW youd understand

ty Hep

I nEVER EVER cried so hard in my entire life!

NOR hurt as much.

Ty to all at Rosses for your kindness...

its a tribute to Baron, that something good should grow out of such primal pain

Last edited by Bard; 08-21-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Elite Member

paleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of lightpaleryder is a glorious beacon of light

Like I told you before, they are not like family, THEY ARE FAMILY.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:29 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Thank you,theres too many to name, but your words and love help

One reason I decided to go public with this, was, so many of you KNEW Baron through my words over the years.

Baron was part of the Bardonian familia

I had always sorta hoped, we could jump off at the very same moment,

Again, the words, its like they somehow take some of the bite off the pain swelling up inside me.

I though Id chicken out when I got there.

Baron was very dignified, I never let on, about his mistakes due to his bowels weakened, cus it hurt his pride, im not the most patient man in the world,
But waking twice, or three time a night to let him out, just came natural to me, hed make mistakes and I NEVER let on, hed done anything wrong, cus I knew how proud he was, on our walks sometimes dogs would mock him due to his aged gate, he puff up and growl back his dignity hurt, I learned to walk him where NO fogs would injure his pride, and when we came along one, one in a while, id lean down and whipser in his ear, saying blow it off Baron, in your day, they would have NEVER mocked you in such fashion.

He still enjoyed just one of his toys, hed drop it, and show me how quick he was, by snatching it up, before i could get it,then hed drop it again and let me try, as id chant im gona get tnhat toy, and hed smile and laugh.

He still enjoyed laying out in the cool shade in the evening, and sniffing the air, fremembering the days, we walked as kings among men.

On our walks one thig Baron never lost site of, was the scent of a woman

Silly goose.

You have all been very kind over the years as I doted over Baron

He was my best friend.

Your words meat a lot PR know that!

Every word spoken in kindness is a tribute to Baron, and the endless love story of Baron and all dogs, Mans best friend. And those of us, who are true fur people.

Last edited by Bard; 08-21-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleryder
Like I told you before, they are not like family, THEY ARE FAMILY.

yes.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:37 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Helenjw

To Baron......

"They to whom thy virtues made thee dear

Shall find thee through all changes of the year"

I'm so sorry, Bard.

Last edited by Bard; 08-21-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:38 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Old 08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Quote:
LittleRedFireAnt
VooDoo Queen

Re: Baron (Lord Of The Realm)

My deepest sympathy. I've been in your shoes and I know that terrible moment.

I carefully read his symptoms and you did the right thing, no need to ask forgiveness.

It's not needed between two hearts who love so deeply they don't need words.

Wishing you grace and courage.

Thank you dear heart.

PR
Quote:

Bard....real sorry about this news. I know it cuts deep.

If there is a blessing in all this it's that Baron didn't outlive you and suffer wondering what happened to his master.

You got to see him off. I'm of the opinion that not being there for him in the end would have been even more gutwrenching for Baron and you.

Baron spent his entire life with the love of his life, his master, Rod.

Doesn't get any better than that for a loyal friend like Baron.

Thank you PR

Old 08-21-2010, 05:33 PM
'Gladiator' In Wait

Baron and I took a walk every evening around sevenish when the sun dropped a bit, He always garnered compliments.

Ill be able to walk a little bit further nowm not being concerned for overdoing it for Baron.

Yet hell, the entire fun aspect of the walk was sharing it with Baron

Oh my. Ive gone on like an old lady Baron would be embarressed,

He had this very cool way about him, he was discerning,

When folk wed pass that were NOT true animal lovers, and they try to give him a fake pet, hed always blow em right off, he was way cool that way, all he ever needed was me, and I him.

I always said, of my wife of 23 years, that it would be selfish to want to go first, hence leaving the other one to grieve, I always hoped it would be her first, so she wouldnt be the one one grieving left behind, im glad it was that way,

and as PR said, im gratefull that Baron never had to wake up to a day without me, for this im gratefull, my eyes are almost swollen shut from crying,
so , ill thank everybody once more at all three boards, for their kind loving words, its a fine tribute to Baron, and im truly gratefull, all were able to that, past me, to the fact that baron deserved good words, cus he was a good boy.
and faithfull to the very end, Ant said with those symptoms I did the right thing, that helped some, yet I still feel i let him down somehow.

i pray im wrong about that,

thank you again, for the care you gave me, ill promise not to let this go on too long, as i said Baron was very dignified, they gave him a HUGE dose,
And he refused to die, I muttered he has a stroing heart, Dr said it due to bad circulation.

that part hurt, that he wouldnt let go, a few days ago when i think he has a small stroke, i told him in earnest, to go when he needed too, and not to hang on for me.

Silly goose, even after told him that, he refused to die quick, cus he was worried about me.

Crying again, so we shall wrap this up.....hopfully

StrayStar is always tekidding me about promises i cant keep.

But For barons sake, i think I can. Baron always hated the sound of hurt, crying child, or yelping puppy, hed become very upset wanting to aid and help, Lord knows, without Baron, I never would have made it over the last two years.

So Thanks baron, for getting me through the rough patch,
Ill be coming soon enough, you just, romp and be at peace
and ty for all you years of love and unbroken devotion

With love & tears

Love Rodney